What games are you playing now?

Well, my original game distributed by MicroProse has a very nice printed manual. It's one of those which have a tendency towards being fun to read, and very informative.

I have a load of stuff I'm working through ...
* PC: Elven Legacy - th eshine has worn off somewhat, but I am still enjoying the turn-based battles, just not so much the turn-limits for missions!
* PC: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate - settled back into a long play session with this and it continues to be a great experience whose only drawbacks are related to the core NWN2 engine.
* PC: The Last Remnant - pretty typical jRPG experience, nice looking game, too many cutscenes. It feels like a huge game and I’ve put in tons of time and barely scratched the surface!
* PC: Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor - after loving the original and first expansion I’m rather disappointed, as the new content adds little and is over too fast.
* PC: Hard to Be a God - don’t know if this import will ever hit the US, but I’m glad I grabbed a UK release. Loads of dialogue & translation issues, but the nice strategic action-RPG combat with solid mounted battles is loads of fun and worth the price alone.
* DS: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - still haven’t completed anything, but am getting close enough that I really don’t want it to end yet …
* DS: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - I liked teh first DS game, but this one is leaving me flat so far.

installed the original Spellforce "platinum edition" w/ both of it's expansions.

It's kinda clunky combat-wise (just like part two), and the resource mangement and economy is a bit more involved than the standard rts fare, but so far it's pretty fun.

Tried playing King's Bounty again this afternoon... woke up face down on my saliva-drenched keyboard two hours later! Tell ya, I know there's a good game in there, but for some reason it just KNOCKS ME OUT!

I realized yesterday that the new re-release of Majesty makes the CD in the drive obsolete, and is fully patched. At least *some* improvements ...

On stage 5 of Ghosts n Goblins. Yep, the fire was lit within by this funny video, so I broke out the old NES and fired it up. Been playing it off an on for two days, and decided this afternoon to sit down and hit it seriously - made it to the second to last stage in about 45 mins. Might go back and beat it tonight, if I dont get too entrenched in Runescape...

Here's a video of someone beating G&G in 22:56 - no deaths! kick ass!

Wait a minute, did i mention Runescape back there? Yep, that free el cheapo looking MMO. My fiancee loves it because it's a crafter's grinding paradise, it's like the only game she plays now, so I got in and made a char to check it out a bit.

Also playing the original Spellforce, it's fun rpg/rts!

Currently still playing Morrowind and Oblivion, and just started playing Planescape Torment again along with Boiling Point 2.0.

Gothic 3 with Community Patch 1.71,Alternative Balancing and AI enabled.
Finally after waiting for over a year,adding hardware,reformatting my PC and optimizing Windows I can play G3 on medium details and have decent FPS.
I'm going for pure mage with staffs so I had a REALLY hard time in the beginning.I'm level 22 still don't have Mana Regeneration so I use the Orc Slayer and the quarterstaff,I get killed really easy but with a couple reloads I win most fights.I can't even imagine going to Nordmar so I'll do a few quests in Myrtana and then go to Saturas who will teach me Mana Regen(30LPs!!!)
I think I'll go with Xardas but I don't really remember with whom should I side,Orcs in Myrtana and Nomads in Varant is what I remember but Orcs have some quests to kill Rangers and I'm a bit confused about it.

They released the free addon pack for Left 4 Dead.
It's so much fun that it almost hurts.

Cant....

Stop....

Killing...

Zombies....

Still grinding away w/ my girl in Runescape. It's a pretty deep game as far as tradeskills go. Kinda fun in a low-tech sorta way, midi sounding music and basic 3d, but I'm having a lot of fun w/ it. Killing my other games tho, as MMO's usually do.

Pardon me, I have to get back to fishing

Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories for PS2 was in the mail today. My most anticipated game in... well... days ;).
Once you get used to the card combat system, it's really appealing. What's more important - it bridges the story gap between KH 1 and 2.

Well, I'm all over the place now ...

PC: Stalin vs. Martians ... yeah.
Also on PC: Demigod, Empire: Total War, Company of heroes: Tales of Valor, Hard to Be a God, Stubbs the Zombie

Mac: Red Faction, NWN 1

DS: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, miscellaneous fiddling with other stuff because I don't really like FFCC.

PSP: 'revival time' - replaying SOCOM: Tactical Strike, SWAT, Space Invaders Extreme, Riviera

Re-installed Pools of Radiance : Ruins of Myth Drannor again ...

It was sooooooo boring ....

I wonder whether I'll manage this in my whole life ... *sigh*

Just finished Deus Ex this morning, and now I'm about to start playing DX:Invisible War.

I've never really played DX:IW, other than the demo...which I hated. Time to find out if this game is truly as bad as everyone says it is.

Recently purchased Cryostasis, and The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. Played a bit of Cryostasis the day I got it....wasn't too impressed.

I'm trying to resist the temptation to install Dark Athena at the moment, as I've got a lot going on right now.

Does there exist a Light Athena as well ?

Can anyone point me to a good demo download for the Total War series? I'd like to try the series out and I can't find a valid one for Medeival2--but I'm open to whatever incarnation you experts think is the best one. ;)

Back
Top Bottom