what was it worth...??????????

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
No matter my love for this site I have to ask what was it worth?

The one or two were new here seem to be as always, not here much. Though I am sure once they read this they made stick their PC faces in.

No matter the site does seem dull, lack luster. I know there was a post here have things gone quiet here. They are more than quiet, it has become boring. Though that could be because there has been no big release of late or topic.

come on people lets liven up.

Well imo the RPG side of things are very good. I think there is a relative lul in good rpg games. Whichis one of the reasons why there is less discussion.

That said the Politics and Religious threads have become left wing propaganda machines where the right cant really respond without having their posts deleted. I used to enjoy it because i learn a lot of things from it, usually when i am wrong on a subject etc. But now that has come to a screeching halt but whatever.

Well, the right-wing mod up and quit, so there's that. I don't bother with the P&R forum because you really cannot have an actual discussion with either side anymore. Want proof, go look at the whole crap about that vr guy. There's people on Ars Technica calling all white people horrible fascist racists bigots, regardless of who they are or what they've done, or even who they support. Which just proves the whole problem with the political situation in America today, and probably everywhere else as well. Both sides are filled to the brim with idiots who can't stand the thought of anyone having a differing view, and are terrified by the thought that they may actually be wrong.

As far as games go, IMO we're in a good time for the genre, with PoE, Tyranny, D:OS, Bard's Tale, etc... plus indies out the wahzoo. But, for the time being, we're in somewhat of a lull, with a lot of strong releases over the last couple years and a bunch of strong releases coming, but everything is in development so for the moment it looks dead.

I can still find enjoyment in many of the old games, so I'm doing just that. I finished Gateway to the Savage Frontier earlier this morning, and installed and ported over to Treasures of the Savage Frontier this afternoon. Then my save got corrupted and I had to start over, which frustrated me to no end.

But Treasures is much better IMO than Gateway, even if it's a bit dated. My dream game actually is basically an updated Gold Box engine, with a bit more modern things like a usable automap, and the text kept in-game since we're not developing for 320k floppy disks anymore. And every class having something to do other than hitting 'a' then 'c' followed by whichever dominant spell is.

I think too that the Watch, outside of the P&R forum, generally keeps a bit quieter crowd around it. A lot of the people here generally only post something that they think is worthwhile, and not just trying to get the post count up.

What is it worth? Who can say? IMO, as long as some enjoyment or use gets made out of a site, it's worth visiting. Given how much time I've invested in DDO, that wouldn't have happened without the Watch, it was worth it for that alone. I've relied on this site for other things as well, even if I may not post every time I find something (I tend to search things out first, and only post about a problem if I can't find anything on it).

He was asking about the change in the TOS now that the dust has settled imo. Really its no one prerogative other than the site admins. But i think i reserve the right to complain at my loss of resources which i mentioned in my previous post.

What is Rpgwatch worth?

= Some value ÷ price charged for privilege of posting crap

= x ÷ 0

Divide by zero error! Does not compute!!!

Well they've driven a few "trolls" and nutchuggers, so now everyone agrees with everyone on just about everything...so enjoy the silence. Joxer, Chien and I are probably the only left insane people around here.
I try to bait a few people, but so far the fish ain't biting. :p

Not insane enough to run into personal attacks. That is the way the moderation works though, what one can do, another cant.

latest

So.... are you the only left insane people or the only insane people left?

No matter the site does seem dull, lack luster.
Bah! Vehemently disagree. if you find it so dull, how about creating a let's play or three, writing some impressions on a game and actually initiate conversation and discussion. That might help instead of merely grand standing and complaining. :p

Well I have been away for a long time.

Too much playtime and work, not enough time to read :p
But I guess I will frequent more often here again soon, with DOS2 :p

Am I one of the sane ones? defintely not :p
So me returning might actually be a bad thing and i'll do my best not to stirr too much dust :p

I come every day and read the news and some discussions as I come her for RPG stuff. I only chime in if there is a game I am interested in or something strikes my interest. But also its fall so the students are back and work is super busy so I tend to spend less time reading and posting and more time playing as my time is limited

This site is strongly oriented to story based, driven products.
This makes hard to speak of anything as the core element must be left aside. Hard to speak of a story without spoiling it.
This is a strong limitation.

Right, that must be the reason why nostory games like Skyrim have their own section while there is almost no mention of visual novels with heavy story.

Anyway, what's this thread about? Obviously I've missed something, but not sure what.

I come every day and read the news and some discussions as I come her for RPG stuff. I only chime in if there is a game I am interested in or something strikes my interest.

Same here. Games that strike my interest are a bit limited right now (since I'm involved in other hobbies currently), but once I'm back into RPG gaming I'll post more.

Back
Top Bottom