Euro 2012

Let the Dance begin !

Well, the dance is over :).

I didn't expect the result to be so high for Germany.

We have many good offensive players - nice win.

Deserved and easy victory for Germany.
I wouldnt say Germany defence is bad. Hummels is going to be huge in a few years.

Wow, I didn't expect France to be that bad. They had what one shot on goal? embarrasing......

Yep, France was so very boring to watch; it's as if they didn't feel like being there. I'm looking forward to Spain-Portugal!

France played a terrible tournament. It looks like it might take them a full generation to overcome the shame of the WC 2010. It seems to me like the current "team" is broken beyond any hope of repair. The only French player who really worked his ass off in all of France's matches was Franck Ribéry but the rest of the players appeared very unmotivated, lackluster, and even unwilling to me.

Ouch England was a huge disappointment how could they play so bad.... you know something is seriously wrong when Italy is the team trying to play offensive and are the ones to watch while another team is only on defense.

Bye Bye Roy and let's get a coach for England that plays in an english way.

One thing I dont understand is the scheduling of the QF games. Germany has 6 days rest and Italy 4 when they meet in the SF. Why didnt they schedule the games the same day? That seems to be a tremendous advantage to Germany. Im rooting for Germany, so it's not a sour grapes complaint. It's the same with Portugal-Spain. Just seems so wrong.

I would be shocked if its not a Spain-Germany final. Both teams have been playing very well. If they do meet should be quite the match.

England and penalty shootouts! :rolleyes:

Italy was stronger than I expected, should be an interesting semi-final. I don't see a single huge favorite among the four remaining teams. Both germany and spain haven't played their best yet, Italy seems to have gained strenght through the tournament. And on a good day, Portugal with Ronaldo can be good for a win against anyone. I'm hoping for Germany-Spain in the final though, would love to see if our boys are good enough for the reigning champions yet.

I was very much impressed by both teams being equal - this is rare, at least to that extend.

... And then the Drama ... ;)

Equal? That was probably more one-sided than Greece's game against Germany.

Well, there was never a clear winner throughout the whole game ... ;)

That was only due to England's defenders being great at last minute blocks and Italy having a clown playing as a striker.

One half of the Final is set. I hate penalty kicks. If you have to use those move the strikers back a ways to involve more skill than luck, for both striker and keeper. I can't stand games decided this way. And of course all the second guessing regarding Ronaldos not going earlier. Do you put more pressure on the opposition if he makes it, or do you put even greater pressure on your own team should he fail?

I just can't believe Portugals mistake, I've never seen the wrong person go to take a penalty before, poor Bruno.... the person who sent him towards the spot at the wrong time most really be unhappy now.

Back
Top Bottom