RPGs are Evil - Dark Dungeons: The Movie

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I was introduced to this kickstsrter via an email notice in my newsbox . This time the kickstarter isn't about a game, but about the famous 1984 Anti-Dungeons and Dragons comic Dark Dungeons.
I won the lottery. Not the jackpot, "just" a thousand bucks, and being a typical middle-class middle-manager a thousand dollars is nice, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't going to change my life. So I decided to do something special with the money. I decided I wanted to spend it to bring something that would last; I would spend it to try and bring Jack Chick's epic 1984 graphic novel / tract to film.

I wrote Chick Publications explaining this to them and I'm super-excited to announce that I have obtained the video rights to make a movie based on Dark Dungeons.

If you're not familiar with Dark Dungeons you can read it in its entirety here;
DARK DUNGEONS: THE COMIC

But all you really need to know is that it sets out to show what Jack Chick knows to be the truth behind role-playing. It shows that;

*Playing RPGs can make you gain real life magic abilities
*If you gain a high enough level you will be invited to join a secret cult
* Gamers whose characters die are in danger of committing suicide.
* That DM's are vile temptresses that are out to corrupt their players to the forces of evil.

Given all those startling claims it's amazing that the crusade against RPG's has not been more successful! In fact, the last movie to crusade against D&D was Tom Hank's 1982 classic, "Mazes and Monsters."

We are going change all that. I'm already investing all of my lottery winnings in this project but it's just not enough to get it filmed and that's where you come in.

If the idea of seeing a movie where all the anti-RPG arguments above are made with every last drop of drama and conviction I can wring out them appeals to you, then I want you to invest today and make this movie a reality.
More information.

I'm sure it'll be made required viewing at every Baptist conference.
Relax it's a parody of the novel more tongue in cheek than anything else.

Jack Chick... ugh. That guy is so beyond the pale that I can't even laugh at him. It's pretty obvious the guy wasn't even fanatic, he was just flat out insane.

Was this "Project" startet on April, 1st ?

Relax it's a parody of the novel more tongue in cheek than anything else.

I grew up in Texas, surrounded by Baptists. The parody part of that will go right over their heads.

Jack Chick… ugh. That guy is so beyond the pale that I can't even laugh at him. It's pretty obvious the guy wasn't even fanatic, he was just flat out insane.

I got Tom Chick & Jack Chick confused once and was very confused why a crazy person was writing about video games. :biggrin:

Last edited:
it's always funny to see people fight over whose invisible friend is better, this is especially sweet seeing traditional D&D style fantasy being so righteously stomped - by another equally as bizarre fantasy

woah, check out the article on the same page: The Straight Talk on Dungeons and Dragons

D&D player (17 years old) Michael Dempsey, Lynnwood, WA. suicide by gunshot wound to the head, 5/19/81. Witnesses saw him trying to summon up D&D demons just minutes before his death.

Should a christian play dungeons and dragons?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom