Black Isle - Returns?

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
The return of Black Isle Studios has been announced but previous members don't seem to know much about it. For example, Chris Avellone on Twitter 'I know nothing about the Black Isle Studio news announcement, doesn't involve me or Obsidian... or well, anyone that I know. ;)' and Brian Fargo 'I just read that Interplay is bringing back Black Isle. Hmmm... Not enough info for me to comment'. The sparse website is here.
More information.

First order of the day: announce a modern, cinematic shooter with shallow RPG elements based on the Planescape: Torment world. Had to be said. :)

And which monetized free-to-play mmo for facebook and mobile devices will these guys be bringing us?

well, I'm intrigued. Signed up for the news letter at the site to follow developments. Of course it would be a new team of players, that much is obvious.

Man Herve is like some virulent fungus you can't get rid of... it feels like it's finally gone and then it flares up again... and always in the most unsightly of places. :)

I always knew it! Interplay is just a front for Umbrella Corporation!

what good is a company name if the people that made it good are not there?

Seems just a cheap trick to attract the RPG lovers who had indelible moments with BI games.

Sheesh. I should treat this as any brand new studio but it's kinda hard when they are wearing the corpse of an old and dear friend.

Brian Fargo: decent CEO with good business sense.
Herve Caen: epitome of douchebaggery lucky to not be in prison

You have to imagine that Feargus Urquhart is gnashing his teeth over this. Herve, the incompetent schmuck, screws over Black Isle in a myriad of ways and then has the gall to bring it back all these years later to further piss on it.

Without the originals, this isn't Black Isle, its an imposter.

We'll see what they actually put out but until then I don't give them the benefit of the doubt.

In a darkened room, Black Isle Studios wakes up. He finds himself to be lying on a cold stone slab. His mind is empty, devoid of memories. Gone are the names he once wore: Feargus Urquhart, Chris Taylor, Tim Cain, Chris Avellone, many others… He can no longer remember those lives. The knowledge of those minds is lost. He simply wears their skin… and he looks down to see that that skin is dead, beaten, scarred, desecrated… a hideous mockery of what it once must have been.

He looks up to see a grinning skull float toward him.

"Hey, Chief."

In a darkened room, Black Isle Studios wakes up. He finds himself to be lying on a cold stone slab. His mind is empty, devoid of memories. Gone are the names he once wore: Feargus Urquhart, Chris Taylor, Tim Cain, Chris Avellone, many others… He can no longer remember those lives. The knowledge of those minds is lost. He simply wears their skin… and he looks down to see that that skin is dead, beaten, scarred, desecrated… a hideous mockery of what it once must have been.

He looks up to see a grinning skull float toward him.

"Hey, Chief."

Do you think Herve can come up with that much text on his own?

Bah to many of you jump to conclusions without seeing what there games will be. I'll withhold any opinion till there is more info.

Bah to many of you jump to conclusions without seeing what there games will be. I'll withhold any opinion till there is more info.

Herve Caen is the worst company executive of all times (yes, worse than Bobby), so jumping to inevitable conclusions is the only sane thing to do here.

Back
Top Bottom