Diablo 3 - Announced for PS3 & PS4

A huge arpg fan and d3 sucked. I am playing Path of Exile as well and it is a fantastic game. Blows away D3 in every aspect.

So, instead of fixing this disaster of a game that they now sort of admit it is, someone (EA) decided to go for the bucks and port it to consoles. Apart from the dull D3, Blizz lately also delivered the abomination that is Mists of Pandaria, and managed to produce a creatively stillborn Starcraft 2. Imho they totally lost their creative mojo.

I'm a little sad, because their worlds were quite interesting. The atmosphere and backstory of the world of Diablo was especially a favorite of mine. But it's pretty much ruined now.

Path of Exile, Dark Souls, and Borderlands 2 are the new Diablo.

Glad I avoided the mess known as Diablo 3. No desire to ever play it, if that old itch resurfaces I can just load up D2. Apparently they didn't learn a damn thing by forcing people to play online, that works for mmo's but for a single game I want to be able to play offline with no penalties.

-Carn

Last edited:
I don't want to defend D3 but PoE doesn't have offline support either even tho game is perfectly playable solo and people are just fine with it I seen no complaint on it neither here nor on official forum.I guess it comes down to this,PoE is good game and even free so people are willing to tolerate some things that they wouldn't on D3.

I don't want to defend D3 but PoE doesn't have offline support either even tho game is perfectly playable solo and people are just fine with it I seen no complaint on it neither here nor on official forum.I guess it comes down to this,PoE is good game and even free so people are willing to tolerate some things that they wouldn't on D3.

Two different types of games. One is F2P with transactions and the other is a fully bought and paid for game. One I can tolerate the other I can't.

Really though that announcement pisses me off as they stated the game could never be played offline, and now here they are saying something different.

That makes them Hypocrites.

Two different types of games. One is F2P with transactions and the other is a fully bought and paid for game. One I can tolerate the other I can't.

Really though that announcement pisses me off as they stated the game could never be played offline, and now here they are saying something different.

That makes them Hypocrites.

Just to get things straight I don't disagree with that attitude.
As for offline support for consoles, they don't have need always online anti-piracy protection on consoles,I truly hope D3 sells miserably on consoles.Altho I really dislike always online(I can tolerate it in PoE for same reasons as you) it's not my biggest problem with D3,that would be lack of actual character building and pay2win system in fully priced game while PoE completely free game has only cosmetic microtransactions.

I'll start the "this is awesome!" club, then :).

I told my dad about this and he said he's buying a PS4 because of this game. I'm inclined to agree although I probably wouldn't buy one just for Diablo, as I would like to see the other RPG offerings that come out for the PS4, but having the new Diablo on a console is great. Definitely makes me think about which console I'm going to buy next.

Have any other RPGs been announced for the PS4?

Why buy a PS 4 for game that's been on PC for a year? I can see buying a console because you want to play something console exclusive.

^ Because my dad loves Diablo and RPGs in general but he's not a PC gamer. He's been waiting for Diablo 3 to come to consoles and now it is. We can also play local co-op together, so that's a big plus.

When it comes to buying a next-gen console we are going to go by which console has the best games or the promise of better games. The PS4 jumped ahead by having Diablo 3.

Would I play Diablo three on the console?

I think so, it might breathe new life into the game for me. The console version of Dragon age is different, if Diablo III is a closer over the shoulder view it might make the game play a bit different and more personal. Consol changes things, that's not always a bad change.

So, instead of fixing this disaster of a game that they now sort of admit it is, someone (EA) decided to go for the bucks and port it to consoles.

Let's be properly cynical about it: D3 is out for quite a while and net is abound with opinions about it. So, if somebody still wants it, it only means that they don't mind the faults or are suckers for punishment. Can EA be blamed when (or if) there are people who are still prepared to throw money at it?

Back
Top Bottom