Fallout 3 - Take Four @ RPG Codex

I guess you don't even read the comments here either or you would know that anything to do with the story in the article is totally irrelevant since game developers create demos that have nothing to do with the released game for the press at this stage in development. If anyone wants to argue about that I can give many examples even in games developed by small studios.

Sometimes they create press-only demos but often not - I'm not sure why you assert this point so vehemently. The very first time Oblivion was shown to the press they demoed the escape throught the sewers with the Emperor - exactly the same as it was in the final game.

Sometimes the press misconstrue what they see.

Well, all I can say is I sincerely hope this quest is nothing but a promo fantasy on the part of the PR machine, but even if that is true, it still, to me, says a lot about how they are envisioning the game and who they are targeting as the audience, so my opinion still stands.

Last edited:
Even if they did that with Oblivion doesn't mean that it will happen with every game and I know from reading previews and asking game developers and other people asking game developers that that is in the minority and most of the time the early press demos are usually not relevant to the game. The game also has to be far enough along to even show anything that is actually in the game but with Fallout 3 still 1.5 years away then they wouldn't have it far enough along to show what is actually in the game.

By the way, it wasn't a nuclear explosion when the guy shot the car, he hit the starter fuel tank and it exploded..

To be accurate the article does specifically say, "A few shots find its engine, one of those old nuclear generators, and the ants and car alike disappear into a small mushroom cloud. Your radiation detector begins its ominous tick."

It certainly sounds like a small nuclear explosion, although whether that's what it was meant to be or that's what the author thought it was could be open to debate.

Back
Top Bottom