D:OS2 D:OS 2 - need advise!

Divinity: Original Sin 2
It triggers if you talk to a specific NPC with her in the party (unless they changed it in a later version). It's understandable considering her background though (she's been through some awful things).

Are you referring to certain sleepy lizard NPC? If so, yeah, that was annoying. I also killed the NPC that progress her personal quest before she had a chance to talk to him, so I'm screwed =.=
@Darth Tagnan; @Maylander;

I think I'm almost done with the Fort Joy - killed whole bunch of order ranks at the prison, about to board the ship to escape. I think I will be ok with the current party. Turns out I can't play with the mod anyway unless I don't mind restarting... so that's scrapped.

I expect that mod would really mangle balance, too, though it would have been nice to see the stories I missed.

I presume you're done with Ft. Joy now. If not, though, a quick word of advice: you get the opportunity to re-spec your characters once you get on the ship. Be careful with that! I think it's best to leave it alone until you find the next town where you can get access to some skill books. There's a pretty big battle between the time you are able to respec and the time you can get the new skill books. When I played, I changed around right away and found myself short of skills in that big battle!

I can answer that now. I played for 8 hours and I'm finding it just "ok". I think I'm done with Fort Joy, in some swampy(?) area not far from it. I'm taking a bit of break from it though - got busy with real life stuff.

Still haven't seen anyone offering respec but I think I will get by even without it in explorer mode.

I made it through Fort Joy too before getting bored with the combat. I really have a hard time playing games where combat lasts more than 30 seconds/battle. Spoiled by Bethesda :D

P.S. If you seek it, it is advice. If you're giving it, it's advise. Just in case you run into the grammar police!

I'd advise you to watch your words but that's advice I have trouble following myself. :biggrin:

Spoiled by Beth my arse, 30 secs max true, but every fasttravel there is a new dragon lurking above Mage's Guild? How many of those exist for god's sakes… :p

Can't say I've ever had one in SSE though it was a problem in the original Skyrim. I actually loved fast traveling to the guild just for that reason. Although any idiot could avoid it by just traveling to Winterhold/Saarthal and walking the 40 steps to the mage guild.

How easily can you not play Geralt in Witcher 3, since I want to avoid playing an old geezer? Impossible? Thought so. :p

I really enjoyed the first bits of DOS 2 though. I'm just not a big turn-based combat fan. I played Fane and enjoyed the story bits for the most part. I thought the assassin chick was the worst character in the game though. If I ever replay 2 it will be with a custom mage type, but I have my doubts. I'm to the point where I just rotate Bethesda's stuff or play survival games. First person is pretty much vital for me these days for long term play.

P.S. If you seek it, it is advice. If you're giving it, it's advise. Just in case you run into the grammar police!

Thanks for the grammar lesson :p - well aware of my mistake (made this topic while I was half asleep) already but I can't seem to edit it?

Oh, btw, I did obtain Sir Lora even though I don't have DLC installed - guess it comes with definitive edition. Also, there was a black cat that was following me around but unfortunately got killed by one of the magisters. Its corpse followed me to that swampy(?) area when I escaped Fort Joy on the boat... freaky..

Oh, btw, I did obtain Sir Lora even though I don't have DLC installed - guess it comes with definitive edition. Also, there was a black cat that was following me around but unfortunately got killed by one of the magisters. Its corpse followed me to that swampy(?) area when I escaped Fort Joy on the boat… freaky..

There is an achievement for keeping the cat alive, but the corpse following you seems like a bug to me.

Wait, that was Bellegar's cat! And you got it KILLED!? One of the most beloved characters in the world of RPGs and you just let his cat die! Are you going to start gunning for @Arhu; next!? ;)

P.S. It took me 40 hours to get to the point where you're told your journey is just beginning. The whole game took me 200 hours.

Last edited:
Wait, that was Belegar's cat! And you got it KILLED!? One of the most beloved characters in the world of RPGs and you just let his cat die! Are you going to start gunning for @Arhu; next!? ;)

P.S. It took me 40 hours to get to the point where you're told your journey is just beginning. The whole game took me 200 hours.

o_O?!?!?!?!

40 hours to get to where I am??? Eh... have I somehow missed a whole bunch of content or are you a slow/patient player?

Well... I never asked the cat to follow me, stop making me feel guilty :( Is Arhu a pet in D:OS2 or another person/character?

Well… I never asked the cat to follow me, stop making me feel guilty :( Is Arhu a pet in D:OS2 or another person/character?

Arhu is magician who loves morphing into a white cat. He was in D:OS1.

There's a few recurring characters in the series. Bellegar always speaks in rhyme (heaven only knows how the devs manage to translate that into multiple languages). Arhu likes turning into a white cat. Zandalor has the classic pointy hat and stars all over his robe. Lucien was the original Divine in the first game. You get to see all of them in the last scene of Dragon Knight 2's expansion, which is also the latest point in the timeline.

40 hours is NOT normal. Looking at reviews, I'm guessing most folks finish the whole game in 80-120 hours. I played it at a rather hard difficulty, though, and often had to try battles a few times to get through.

There's a few recurring characters in the series. Bellegar always speaks in rhyme (heaven only knows how the devs manage to translate that into multiple languages). Arhu likes turning into a white cat. Zandalor has the classic pointy hat and stars all over his robe. Lucien was the original Divine in the first game. You get to see all of them in the last scene of Dragon Knight 2's expansion, which is also the latest point in the timeline.

40 hours is NOT normal. Looking at reviews, I'm guessing most folks finish the whole game in 80-120 hours. I played it at a rather hard difficulty, though, and often had to try battles a few times to get through.

I wasn't far into D:OS1 when I abandoned it and haven't played other Divinity games - so I googled up other game plot and some of the well-known characters too (like Lucien). So... I'm guessing D:OS2 happened before Divinity 2?

I think we spent around 80 hours playing this in cooperative mode - but we didn't exhaust content - and I think we could easily have spent 100 hours.

I spent the whole day yesterday respecing and fine tuning since i finally got to the boat. Watched at least an hour of YT of how to do powerful (even game breaking powerful builds). Now when i'm on the second island, man, i'm doing so awful. There's not even one mob there that i can take on apart from one (that you run into when you're traveling to the first town there).

I got frustrated and tried Explorer mode, yes, it makes the game perhaps 10% easier, the first character dies in round 3 instead of in round 2.

It's the most difficult RPG i've ever played for sure. I think the main problem is that i perhaps don't have the best spells yet.. Equipment (armor/weapons/rings/amulets) wise i don't think i've missed anything.

What builds do you find the most easy? I have Necromancer, mage, archer/rogue, and my own character is an Eternal Warrior build (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6zklFrIPks).

I'll give it another go tomorrow but i'm about to give up i have to say, not having fun..

Back
Top Bottom