What games are you playing now?

One thing that's better, is the hair. My PC, which is pretty decent, couldn't handle the hair effects on Lara. But the PS4 seems to handle it quite well.

Screenshot from the console please.
I never installed the game (bought it on some sale), but when I see a statement like this, after Watch Dogs, there is no way I can leave it to pass.

I'll stop playing whatever I'm playing, postpone TV shows, shove off my friends and family, install, play, and pic Lara's hair so let's compare who's one is bigger for real.

Tomb Raider is an extremely well optimized game on PC. I was able to play on max settings even before I upgraded my vid card.

I played it with a GTX 470 with everything on except the hair FX which I didn't find impressive anyways. Iirc, that particular effect actually performed better on AMD cards when the game was released.

Tomb Raider is an extremely well optimized game on PC. I was able to play on max settings even before I upgraded my vid card.

I played it with a GTX 470 with everything on except the hair FX which I didn't find impressive anyways. Iirc, that particular effect actually performed better on AMD cards when the game was released.

Then this makes sense that the hairFX looks good on PS4. As far as I know, PS4 comes with an AMD graphics accelerator.

@joxer: Sorry, no idea how to take screenshots from PS4. And I'm too lazy to find out. I bet there are some screenshots on the web available

THREEEEEEEE——DOOOOGGGG. Kiddies. Bow-wow.

That's an insult to Minsc. A greater reason to install a radio mod there never was. What gameplay mods are you using out of curiosity?

Three-Dog's nowhere near as good as Mr. New Vegas.

Finished Dark Messiah last night, for a game that totally slipped under my radar at the time, it was really decent. I'm still not sure what it had to do with Might and Magic at all, but I quite enjoyed it for what it was. I don't think I've ever played a single player game before that took in the environment so completely, and made much of it lethal. I'm surprised it didn't carry on as a series, and I'm by no means a big action rpg fan, I much prefer tactical games, but this was great fun.

THREEEEEEEE——DOOOOGGGG. Kiddies. Bow-wow.

That's an insult to Minsc. A greater reason to install a radio mod there never was. What gameplay mods are you using out of curiosity?
I guess Ironsights, MMM a FWE (defaults) are the relevant ones. I posted my load order in the backlog thread.

Still on The Legend of Heroes, ppl said it's 40-50 hours game, I believe I've played more than 100 and am finally in an area that seems as the last dungeon - last chapter it definetly is and there are no more (side)quests to follow. The game just grew on me, it's maybe the best jRPG I've ever played on PC (as the only better one is that certain iPhone masterpiece).

Hopefully the last dungeon is not too long, Risen 3 will be out in just a few days and I still didn't try Last Remnant demo!

Three-Dog's nowhere near as good as Mr. New Vegas.

Well yeah, I mean they actually got Wayne Newton (Mr. Las Vegas himself) to voice Mr. New Vegas. Kind of the perfect choice and they lucked out because he totally got into it and had a great time with it.

"You know, I tried to measure my Charisma on a Vit-o-matic Vigor Tester once. The machine burst into flames.

So... I've started up Wasteland 2. Haven't played that long yet but I have some... complaints. Texts are so tiny it's hurting my eyes. There are good amount of interesting dialogues, but by the Gods, MY EYES. Not much options are given with resolutions too...

I don't know if others are experiencing same thing too, but the game takes a while to load - is there a way to improve this? Crashed on me twice before I could even get to character creation.

On more positive notes, I am intrigued by the setting, something I've never played (tried to avoid post-apocalyptic settings cause I found it depressing). Lots of thought gone into character creation/stats, a tad complicated for me at this point, but certainly not putting me off like Arcanum. I'm still a bit scared to create my own characters so I've decided to play with 4 pre-made characters. Once I get better understanding of the game, I might try to roll one of my own character. NPCs in starting areas seem quite interesting, with their own personalities and agenda.

For now... my eyes need resting and meantime I will do some more reading to get a bit better understanding of Wasteland 2.

I've downloaded the P.T. demo (the demo for the future Silent Hills game), and I couldn't finish it. I'm not particularly good with horror games. I'm quite squeamish. But after a couple of scares, and hearing those voices and thumps, and I gave up. It seems to be very well done, graphically and audio is top-notch, but I had to put it down. I might get back to it, in some time. I tend to play these sorts of games with some pause inbetween sessions to let my heart-rate get back down.

I'm playing so many games, it's ridiculous, really. I have RPG fever and I can't seem to focus long enough on one game. The games I'm playing are:

Konung 2/Baldur's Gate 2 (haven't finished either of these, they are just kind of in limbo now)

The Last Remnant (haven't played in about a week. Kind of lost some motivation to play being stuck at a very tough boss battle and having died about 20 times on it already :( )

Suikoden IV (PS2) (Very good Suikoden game, better than reviews would lead you to believe.)

Tactics Ogre (PSP) (Wow, I didn't know they remade this game for the PSP and it's awesome. This will probably suck up most of my time now).

Oh, and finally - NBA Live 10 on the PSP. I love basketball games, and this one is damn good! I love the passing in the game, it's really clever how they implemented it and it makes it fun and exciting to play.

The Last Remnant (haven't played in about a week. Kind of lost some motivation to play being stuck at a very tough boss battle and having died about 20 times on it already :( )
Wait, what? Why did I buy that game based on your recommendation then?!
:D

Long ago someone recommended me the last remnant. The prospect of a jrpg just filled me with dread, didn't even installed it. Still don't feel like it despite the glowing feedback :)

Playing tales of money island and downloading 15 GB of witcher 2 the coming weeks.

Chapter 3, not bad so far. I like the story but I think 2d graphics like mi2 is more suited. Oh and the controls are just terrible.

Wait, what? Why did I buy that game based on your recommendation then?!
:D

Because the game is great? It's just that I got sidetracked with my new purchase of a shiny PSP and a modded PS2. Too many games and too little time :(.

Edit - Did you forget my ADHD thread already? :D

Last edited:
Played Baldur's Gate Reloaded until a few hours - I really don't know why you spend 6 years of your life to create a mod, and then it has (even after 3 or 4 Patches) gamebreaking bugs :(
I guess I return to my swordcoast stratagem Replay until (or if, they are already working on Baldur's Gate 2 reloaded) they patch it further :(

Baldur's Gate Reloaded is a great Mod - until you reach Baldur's Gate City; even before I encountered a few major bugs, but in the City it's just too much for me :(
Thats my third Try that I stop :(

Not that Stratagems is fun; it is challenging and something different - and there are no new interesting games for a "proto-nerd" like me.

Hmm... Proto-Nerd ? hehe...

Last edited:
Because the game is great? It's just that I got sidetracked with my new purchase of a shiny PSP and a modded PS2. Too many games and too little time :(.

Edit - Did you forget my ADHD thread already? :D

I've started it and played it for a while. The game is not great, at least not on PC. It's in fact insulting, but you can't expect a miracle from Square Enix port after being insulted with port of DX:The Fall.
Luckily Risen 3 got out so I have put it aside before I go frenzy with spitting and also new King's Bounty is just about to be released, so I can cool down my head a bit.

And no, I didn't forget anything. Sadly, I don't see anything shiny in kids' toys - not because I don't have ADHD, but because I just can't move from my horse on a donkey.

Played Baldur's Gate Reloaded until a few hours - I really don't know why you spend 6 years of your life to create a mod, and then it has (even after 3 or 4 Patches) gamebreaking bugs :(
I guess I return to my swordcoast stratagem Replay until (or if, they are already working on Baldur's Gate 2 reloaded) they patch it further :(

Baldur's Gate Reloaded is a great Mod - until you reach Baldur's Gate City; even before I encountered a few major bugs, but in the City it's just too much for me :(
Thats my third Try that I stop :(

Tis a pity about the game breaking bugs. Looks like quite an ambitious module.

Back
Top Bottom