The Long Dark - Review @ Destructoid

Indeed, the sentence was supposed to be:

The question is not whether players played a product, in which case, the number of hours would not matter.

IOn the other hand Chien, stop being an obtuse dick. Answer the question, we know you didnt play it but just watched a stream.
If that is the case, why ask?
Theres nothing wrong with that, just step up and say it rather than spinning some other crap.
There is no spinning crap.

Simply abiding to criteria people set on this site.

First set of criteria: amount of hours played is troublesome when leading to certain views on a product. The number of hours is either too low or too high.

The number of hours is too low so the depiction of the product can not be appropriate.

The number of hours is too high, if the product was depicted, players must have quitted long before.

This one goes as far as demanding that time spent on pre release versions is accounted into the total.

TLD was released years ago. Anyone starting TLD when you used to burn through resources so fast you could not sleep 8 hours straight without being exposed to dehydratation and when starvation was part of the strategy to endure will have built up hundreds of hours in play by simply checking the progress of the product every couple of months. All this to participate to the feedback process, which is marketed as a benefit of the crowdfunded scene.

That is the mindset on this site.

Second set of criteria: personal experience is not enough to support a certain kind of opinion. As a consequence, personal experience is now complemented to check whether streamers are able to provide different material to lead to a different conclusion.
In the case of TLD, nothing was provided in that direction.

As to coming out of the woods, in a BB thread, the one reviewing the product, the point was made that it does not matter how a conclusion is reached, whether through a stream or personal play. A similar point was made months earlier on the time spent on a product.

There was no issue to tell that BB was assessed through streams. There is no issue to tell that the latest XCOM was assessed through streams. And there would be for TLD.
Brilliant.

People with double standards must accept they have double standards. People who hail from countries that make double standards a path to welfare like the US that declared human rights to end deny human condition to human beings must accept their cultural background.

This is an example of "spinning crap" Chien.

Conversation occasionally requires a direct answer to a direct question. Regardless of what you think the other participant I'd trying to achieve. You may be right, you may be wrong. If you don't occasionally engage when direct questions are asked you risk people completely skipping, or ridiculing your posts as spam filler in the future.

This leads to a path of bitterness that you are already experiencing as evidenced by the many times you use sentences like "the mindset of this site", "criteria set by this site", etc etc. 5 times in the last 3 posts alone.

Yes there are a few people that are exceptionally narrow-minded but you are doing a disservice to yourself if you insist on only engaging them with walls of semi-related spam.

If that is the case, why ask?

There is no spinning crap.

Simply abiding to criteria people set on this site.

First set of criteria: amount of hours played is troublesome when leading to certain views on a product. The number of hours is either too low or too high.

The number of hours is too low so the depiction of the product can not be appropriate.

The number of hours is too high, if the product was depicted, players must have quitted long before.

This one goes as far as demanding that time spent on pre release versions is accounted into the total.

TLD was released years ago. Anyone starting TLD when you used to burn through resources so fast you could not sleep 8 hours straight without being exposed to dehydratation and when starvation was part of the strategy to endure will have built up hundreds of hours in play by simply checking the progress of the product every couple of months. All this to participate to the feedback process, which is marketed as a benefit of the crowdfunded scene.

That is the mindset on this site.

Second set of criteria: personal experience is not enough to support a certain kind of opinion. As a consequence, personal experience is now complemented to check whether streamers are able to provide different material to lead to a different conclusion.
In the case of TLD, nothing was provided in that direction.

As to coming out of the woods, in a BB thread, the one reviewing the product, the point was made that it does not matter how a conclusion is reached, whether through a stream or personal play. A similar point was made months earlier on the time spent on a product.

There was no issue to tell that BB was assessed through streams. There is no issue to tell that the latest XCOM was assessed through streams. And there would be for TLD.
Brilliant.

People with double standards must accept they have double standards. People who hail from countries that make double standards a path to welfare like the US that declared human rights to end deny human condition to human beings must accept their cultural background.

So, seems to me you don't like people from certain countries. Got it...north americans have double standards that that we apply....wow.

I will ask again, have you played the game?

Wait maybe we're ones that can't understand what's going on.
Maybe he can't afford a machine to play something so only he can do is watch streams on a phone or something.

But if that's so, he should have said it. If someone can't afford something currently, it's okay, there are bad moments in life one can't change.

Chien hates Canadians? France Jr.? Why?

Wait maybe we're ones that can't understand what's going on.
Maybe he can't afford a machine to play something so only he can do is watch streams on a phone or something.
The product is TLD. When you have a machine that can run certain products, it can run other products.
But if that's so, he should have said it. If someone can't afford something currently, it's okay, there are bad moments in life one can't change.
It is not so. The answer was made: people on this site declared that personal experience was not enough to support certain points of views. It could not be representative of players'experience. They were taken on word: now streams are watched to complement personal experience and any report no longer reflect personal experience only but also streamers' experience.

This is the cause. Pointless to look for another.

Conversation occasionally requires a direct answer to a direct question. Regardless of what you think the other participant I'd trying to achieve. You may be right, you may be wrong. If you don't occasionally engage when direct questions are asked you risk people completely skipping, or ridiculing your posts as spam filler in the future.

A direct answer was provided already:the number of hours spent on the product was exactly what people desire it to be for their own means.

People desire it to be 0 seconds as they can not stand what the opinion piece reads, then it is 0 seconds.

People desire it to be less than 15 hours because they prefer to think that not enough hours put in is what led to that opinion piece, then it is 15 hours.

People desire it to so many hours that it is not possible somebody played that many hours and came to that conclusion, then it is that many hours.

All direct answers that suit people's desire and fit criteria set by people for themselves.

Here's a story: a US president is suspected not to be a natural citizen. People were enraged and kept asking him to provide documents. He provided some. It was not enough. He provided others. It was still not enough and people clung to their opinion despite being provided what they asked another.
Another US president tells he will reveal his tax returns once elected. Once elected, he does not do that and tell people to carry off. People leaves him alone.

Maybe there is a lesson in this to be learned.
This leads to a path of bitterness that you are already experiencing as evidenced by the many times you use sentences like "the mindset of this site", "criteria set by this site", etc etc. 5 times in the last 3 posts alone.
Bitterness is certainly not a word for it.
Yes there are a few people that are exceptionally narrow-minded but you are doing a disservice to yourself if you insist on only engaging them with walls of semi-related spam.
Actually, the walls of text contained nothing they already did not know as they were reminders of what people on this site think.

They already know they do not want to know the number of hours played. All they desire is a number of hours that fit their vision to disqualify the opinion piece.

So, seems to me you don't like people from certain countries. Got it…north americans have double standards that that we apply….wow.

I will ask again, have you played the game?

Already answered so useless to ask again except to receive the same answer.

It has nothing to do with not liking people. It is about understanding.
People who come from cultural background that set double standards as a paradigm for their society might struggle with the notion of one standard.

There is no hate or dislike, love or like. Simply acceptance of a situation.

This is why I don't interact with Chien. You can't have a conversation with him and any thread he posts on gets derailed. With his horrible English I'm not even sure he understands what people are saying to him.

I know it's fun to make fun of him, but that just feeds him. If we all ignored him he might stop posting as much.

Occasionally he has some good points.

At this point however he has become a very bitter person who is content with non-engagement. He simply prefers to post his opinion and vilify anyone that disagrees with it.

He seems particularly bitter about the USA and every other North American country.

I'm guessing either a North Korean Spy, or Muslim terrorist in training.
Both are sad because there is so many better things to live for.

People who come from cultural background that set double standards as a paradigm for their society might struggle with the notion of one standard.

The irony here Chien is that you do not have "one standard". Your comments are all over the map on all extremes.
You might think you are displaying "one standard" but your choice of misdirecting walls of unrelated text to questions followed by repeatedly talking about the "mindset of other people and the site " is exactly the opposite.

Take a stand, say your piece, defend your stance. Don't play passive agressive victim when someone disagrees.

The product is TLD. When you have a machine that can run certain products, it can run other products.
That logic is completely wrong.
Fresh example, a recent game, Agents of Mayhem, does not work on the brand new AMD's Threadripper CPU and noone knows why.

That aside, if it's not the tool, then it's hands.
I will not push more because now I believe I know what's going on. When you get comfortable to talk about it, do shoot.

In the meantime you'll have to forgive me, I will continue to call you our broken AI. ;)

Already answered so useless to ask again except to receive the same answer.

There is no hate or dislike, love or like. Simply acceptance of a situation.

This is complete bullshit. Our society is based on double standards?

You think you come across as smart, but you really just come across as a pretentious prick.

You think you come across as smart, but you really just come across as a pretentious prick.

And I already fill that role admirably. Find your own role!

At this point however he has become a very bitter person who is content with non-engagement. He simply prefers to post his opinion and vilify anyone that disagrees with it.

Yeah on rare occasions I've seen him say something reasonable and coherent. I've even seen some mild improvements in his English over the years so he's a little easier to understand at times. But for every time he actually adds something to a discussion there are dozens of other times he derails or detracts from it. Most forums would have banned him years ago, I presume he still posts here because it's one of the few places he still can.

Sorry guys, I've been mean towards him because all I felt was a need to defend against ongoing pressure everywhere on internet to switch from reading texts to streams.
After his last reply to me I don't think he ever ment to be hostile.

Chien, I'm sorry for harsh words I left in some replies of mine. Dunno how to tone down the communication noise produced on your side but I'm not blaming you for that any more. All I can suggest is to keep replies short.

There is nothing to disagree on.

It was mentioned many times already, points that show things to be otherwise are welcome.
Actually, watching streamers is, as it was stated, one way to try to see if something was missed. Streams confirmed the product was tensionless.
He seems particularly bitter about the USA and every other North American country.
Aware of some peculiar points. It is foolish to think that institutionalizing double standards as the US did would go without consequences.
I'm guessing either a North Korean Spy, or Muslim terrorist in training.
Both are sad because there is so many better things to live for.
Or a green eco tree hugger, a leftist hipster, a rabid right wing nazi etc
On par with the claim about knowing the product was not played.

The irony here Chien is that you do not have "one standard". Your comments are all over the map on all extremes.
You might think you are displaying "one standard" but your choice of misdirecting walls of unrelated text to questions followed by repeatedly talking about the "mindset of other people and the site " is exactly the opposite.

Take a stand, say your piece, defend your stance. Don't play passive agressive victim when someone disagrees.
The first misdirection is when people pressed on the number of hours. This is the original sidetracking point.

The point was made about a tensionless product and instead of providing examples that could disprove the tensionless observations, people prefered to question on the hours played.

The failure to spot the original point in sidetracking exhibits double standards.

This is why I don't interact with Chien. You can't have a conversation with him and any thread he posts on gets derailed. With his horrible English I'm not even sure he understands what people are saying to him.
No. The derailing happened when the number of hours was thrown in. Instead on focusing on the report, people prefered to shift on the validity of the report based on played hours tale.

I know it's fun to make fun of him, but that just feeds him. If we all ignored him he might stop posting as much.
One can hope.

Back
Top Bottom