Votes: 11 22.9%
  • In the low 1000's

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • 3 figures only

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Somewhere around 100

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
I'll start by trying the iso demo and then decide, but I'm almost certain it's not my kind of 40$ game.

If a game is worth playing, I'll generally pay whatever it's going for - why would you spend your time playing (presumably) inferior games because of $10? That's the price of a good sandwich these days. If a "600 hour" game is worth playing at $30, then it's also worth playing at $40. Just IMO.

Having said that, Grimoire is too archaic for my tastes. Always been a big blobber fan, but I can't get myself to play a new game that's living 25 years in the past. Gonna need at least Wiz8-level UI, controls, etc etc. Wiz8 is 16 years old. I don't think that's asking for too much...

If a game is worth playing, I'll generally pay whatever it's going for - why would you spend your time playing (presumably) inferior games because of $10? That's the price of a good sandwich these days. If a "600 hour" game is worth playing at $30, then it's also worth playing at $40. Just IMO.

Having said that, Grimoire is too archaic for my tastes. Always been a big blobber fan, but I can't get myself to play a new game that's living 25 years in the past. Gonna need at least Wiz8-level UI, controls, etc etc. Wiz8 is 16 years old. I don't think that's asking for too much…

So, you'd be fine with a 1000$ game if it was worth playing?

Personally, my enjoyment doesn't change because of price - but I have to take the entertainment value into account, and there's a definite difference there, for me :)

Probably not - although if it was awesome enough, who knows...I have given a quarter of that ($250) to multiple Kickstarters.

But that is sort of a pointless example, since nobody would ever price a game at $1000. I don't know of any game that's ever been priced above $60.

Probably not - although if it was awesome enough, who knows…I have given a quarter of that ($250) to multiple Kickstarters.

But that is sort of a pointless example, since nobody would ever price a game at $1000. I don't know of any game that's ever been priced above $60.

It was a demonstration of how you have a limit :)

We all have a limit, yours is just higher - apparently.

That said, there are games I would gladly pay 1000$ for - but that would be because I wanted to support them, and not because I thought that represented a fair price.

Personally, I estimate my enjoyment with Grimoire would equal something like an old GoG nostalgia trip.

Is that worth 40$? Perhaps - but since I can get a hundred of those for 1-10$ - I have to say 40$ is just too high.

It's apparently a 600 hour game. So the cost per hour is not so high :)

No way I'm buying it for that price. 600, 60 or 6000 hours - it's "technology" belongs to a couple of decades back and I'm not paying such sum for what's today practically a phonegame.
Best of luck Cleve.

Yeah, 40$ is too much for me, I'll wait till it's at least 50% off to even consider buying it.

Honestly I have zero interest in retro dungeon crawlers/ FP blobbers these days. Just isn't my thing, but for those that like this kind of thing and for some reason want to want to play the same fucking game for 600 hours I'm sure this will blow your mind in the year 2027.

Lord of the Rings Online - 2000 hours
Skyrim - 900 hours
Fallout IV - 450 hours
Demise - 700 hours
Everquest 2 - 3700 hours

I can spend 600 hours in game provided that it meets my interest

There are better games, bobblers or otherwise, that cost one tenth of this price (with many hundreds of hours of fund) at this stage. Moreover this price is the same as the pre-order price for Elex, and I would prefer Elex.

It's an unknown quantity in terms of quality and bugs etc. I probably would have taken a chance at $25 or so, but $40 definitely puts it in the wait and see folder.

I think $40 is crazy. Whether it's good or not, the game is very dated at this point. I think it should be $20.

Besides that, I recently watched the video of his Indiegogo pitch in 2013. He claimed a basic digital copy was going to be $25, and that was 4 years ago. I don't see any reason to pay more now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDyXSCd2Lp0

He claimed a basic digital copy was going to be $25, and that was 4 years ago. I don't see any reason to pay more now.
That was before some new skinpeoplealive australian taxes.

It would sell much better at twenty five or thirty bucks, imo. But then again, who would want to try to explain basic economics to this yutz?

40 would be OK with me if I found the game interesting. At the moment I don't but that may change depending on reviews. Doesn't matter to me if it's an indie or an AAA title, if I like a game enough to want to play it I'll pay what it costs (up to 60$).

Unfortunately, these days I tend to take a look at my backlog whenever I'm tempted to buy a game. There are some pretty good things there, that I'd like to play (eventually). So to invesxt money and time a new one, it has to be something I've really been looking forward to (like the upcoming or Mordor expansion for LOTRO), or something special - and the big G isn't quite there.

pibbur who has deviated from the above mentioned principles. Occasionally (refuses to say how often).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom