ELEX
FULL STORIES HEADLINES

12:17pm
ELEX Version 1.0.2846.0 live now
ELEX - MegalomaniacNG
Update October 27th 2017
Changelog
Engine
- Crash fix for systems with more than 16 logical CPU cores.
- If savegame limit is reached, “Create new savegame” is hidden. (limit is 99)
- Fixed saving for all Windows user.
- Fixed some freezes in tutorials. The tutorial won't be shown if the corresponding key bindings are not valid.
- Fixed saving after the Big Bang fight was not possible.
- Fixed pink water on some older AMD/ATI graphic devices.
- Fixed game freeze when you try to interact during an evade roll.

Quests
- Fixed permanently angry NPCs.
- Kral has now a quest marker for the Mana shrine quest.
- Jax gets the correct award from Reinhold when joining the Clerics.
- Bullet and Lucy don't die immediately when they encounter an enemy.
- Fixed quest targets when fighting in the arena.
- Trevor now gives Jax the correct reward, depending on his actions.
- Mad Bob’s dialogue is now in the correct order, taking the Jax’s actions into account.
- Jack will change his daily routine if Jax killed Hopkins and his bandits. Furthermore, the dialogue regarding Volkmar’s weapon now works properly.
- The quest involving Riley, Darrel and Paige is closed correctly now. (Might be necessary to sleep in a bed to trigger this fix.)
- Fixed a plot killer for a certain ending of the game. Talk to Logan twice, in case of having this issue in your save game.
- Bill will now return to his hut after the player killed Vance and talked to him about the situation.
- Martha will now not quit the dialogue, after Jax buys food from/trades with her - therefore she will now update the Legate situation if the player choses the ENDE/END dialogue option.
- If the player has joined the Clerics and talks with Darrell, he will now offer a quest for the player. If the player already spoke to Darrell and had only his standard sentence to say, he only must talk to Darrell again and then Darrell will offer the quest for the player.
- Nasty will no longer interfere in the battle between Player and Kid.
- Map Target Ethan/Volkmar will now be removed correctly during the mission: Scrap Delivery.
- Jack has now Volkmar’s Weapon in his inventory.
- If you ask Jora if it's lawful to take the laser rifle, while he has a Smalltalk with Stormson, both should continue their Smalltalk. If this situation already happened, Jax must talk to Stormson again until he has nothing to say anymore and Jora will return on his Smalltalk routine.
- Now Angrim at waterfall is teleported back to his current daily routine point.
- Sometimes Stormson, Eli, Wolf and Oswald were at wrong positions. Now they are teleported back to their daily routine points.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Jax from joining the Berserkers.
- Fixed Crony U5 mission. Now he won't get lost in certain locations.
- Kallax gives additional main plot background information at showdown with him.
- Fixed some time related quests.

World
- Removed wrong weather zone in the Hort.
- Corrected some items that were stuck in the ground.
- Fixed some minor graphical issues with some of the Berserker armor.

Game
- Now party members will be more helpful during combat.
- Enemies now have better targeting. They shouldn't shoot at walls or objects anymore.
- Now there is an option to deactivate the double-click evade roll. To enable this option, you must assign a key to the evade option in the key bindings.
- Human enemies can attack with low stamina now. This should prevent some issues with enemies doing nothing while they have low stamina.
- Now you can transfer chunks of tens in the trade menu.
- Fix for haggler perk. You can buy every item now.
- Fixed helmets being in front of the camera while looting a chest.
- Exploit fix with crafting energy reserve.
- Fixed equipped weapons. They weren't destroyed when you salvage them.
- Fix where you get an 2h Hammer instead of an 2h Sword at the crafting table.
- Fixed duplicated key binding page.
- Fixed the needed skill to upgrade the chain saber.
- Fixed evade tutorial. It has caused a slow-motion effect for 10 seconds.
- Elex and Elex Potions now show a message that your Cold has increased.
- Fixed Perk Bookworm. Now you get XPs for reading letters and books. Reading Letters without the Perk will also give Jax some XP now.
- Party members don't move around when the player is in a dialog.
- Fix for some wrong loading hints.

Achievements
- "Honorary Citizen" is now given after 80h of playtime, not after 1h

My favorites are:

- Now party members will be more helpful during combat.

- Now you can transfer chunks of tens in the trade menu.

And now I know why I got the slow motion thing. It WASN'T the stutter that Joxer thought it was at all, it was a bug:

- Fixed evade tutorial. It has caused a slow-motion effect for 10 seconds.

Also interesting as I am focused on keeping my cold down not up so will have to keep that in mind with those potions:

- Elex and Elex Potions now show a message that your Cold has increased.

Saw folks complaining about this so this is good!

- Fixed Perk Bookworm. Now you get XPs for reading letters and books. Reading Letters without the Perk will also give Jax some XP now.

- Bullet and Lucy don't die immediately when they encounter an enemy.
Sadly Lucy died in my game already, but since Bullet is still alive hopefully they fixed it so I can now do the second part of reinforcements quest.

Most of things if not all reported as broken or I've experienced myself are in the log except they didn't mention oldmoney/coins exploit. That one is connected to haggler skill which is apparently fixed so here's hope that's addressed too.

Sadly, seems they didn't put numeric display on health, level and etc.

Last edited:
The Bullet and Lucy situation was really weird in my game. I was able to save both of them because, when I first arrived at the fort, Bullet, Lucy, and the mutant bugs were all frozen for some reason.

Bullet and Lucy unfroze when I approached them, but the bugs barely moved when we attacked them making it a easy battle.

Same @JDR13;, except only Lucy survived. The bugs were mostly frozen but occasionally attacked, enough to kill the Bullet dude.

I might restart actually with the patch. Maybe put it on YouTube.

I've ran into a weird bug after installing this patch. Every time I view a picture, it moves a bit to the left - if you keep doing it the picture ends up completely invisible. Which is annoying, as there's a quest where you have to find certain locations by looking at photos. The only way to fix it is by quitting the game altogether, reloading doesn't work.

Well I'm definitely not impressed by the supposed companion AI upgrade. Caja still stands around half the time while I'm getting pummeled. It doesn't seem any different at all to me.

Also, I still don't get any XP for reading stuff.

Well I'm definitely not impressed by the supposed companion AI upgrade. Caja still stands around half the time while I'm getting pummeled. It doesn't seem any different at all to me.

Also, I still don't get any XP for reading stuff.

I can't comment on the AI but last night I got 10xp for reading a flyer and 10xp for reading some notice that was posted.

Is there any chance the patch might "not trigger" for some people? I still don't get XP for reading and companion AI seems the same. Any ideas?

Steam version, btw.

Last edited:
It's available for GoG- Galaxy users, but not for everyone else. There is a 2 page complaining thread about it on their forums.

I have the Steam version and just wish I knew why the patch doesn't seem to be active in my game.

I haven't played for a while*, but I'm using the GoG installer and would prefer to be up-to-date. Hmm… does that require a reinstall via Galaxy? Or does Galaxy auto-detect the current installation?
(*I'm helping look after a sick relative :( and I'm still at about 22 hours)

Back
Top Bottom