D&D Anthology - 66% Off on GamersGate

Is this the same as the GOG version that runs so well in Win7? Tempting.

Just bought it and installed it. BG1 (with BG2 engine) seems to work fine after a few minutes of playing. No idea how it will be in the more demanding parts of the game.

Oh, and I'm playing on Win 7 64-bit.

Good to know. I am still downloading. How did you get it so fast? Oh, located in Sweden. GG really isn't setup very well for other nationalities... nevermind...

This is a full bundle rather than adding each of the games individually, yes?

If it were not a bundle I'd buy it despite owning them all already, but given my rather severe download cap I'd never get 9GB downloaded in one go.

If I'm not mistaken you can pause and stop and it will resume where you left off. I may be wrong though. I have to pause right now.

So 6 hours later, on 1 GB link, GG could only give me 4.36 GB. We will see if I can resume tomorrow. Otherwise, I suppose I will be asking for ANOTHER refund...

Sure I could but I take my computer home each night.

BTW, I started it back up at home, and it continues loading where it left off. So far, so good. :)

That really is a great deal - would jump on it if I didn't already have them on GOG.

This is a full bundle rather than adding each of the games individually, yes?

If it were not a bundle I'd buy it despite owning them all already, but given my rather severe download cap I'd never get 9GB downloaded in one go.

Yes it's a full bundle download and I think it was closer to 10GB. I agree that it is too much to download considering I only wanted to play BG 1 and 2. Maybe that's why they sell it so cheap?

Good to know. I am still downloading. How did you get it so fast? Oh, located in Sweden. GG really isn't setup very well for other nationalities… nevermind…

Yeah if it wasn't for Steam often having better deals, or having them first, I would probably buy a lot more from GG. The download speeds here in Sweden are awesome. Downloaded the Anthology in about 1 hour.

If I'm not mistaken you can pause and stop and it will resume where you left off. I may be wrong though. I have to pause right now.

I've never had a problem with pausing- I use dialup to download some stuff from GG (and top it up with whatever quota excess I have left at the end of the month).

I'm in the unfortunate situation of having a decently quick connection which will go through my entire monthly quota inside 30 minutes if I let it, I could download a 9GB game theoretically in about 4 hours (given I got CK2 in about 15 minutes) but the excess costs could be as much as $500. Not worth the risk or hassle for games I already own.

Yikes! I hope the US telecoms don't adopt quotas for wired home internet services.

They already have, at least in some markets. I live in the Southwest and Comcast, which was my only cable option (and, incidentally, is a company run by the Devil himself), slapped my account with a usage cap. And it wasn't just me. It was all customers in this market. I can't recall exactly, but I think it may have been a cap of 10GB/month, which was out of the question for me. I cancelled my account and got DSL from Qwest, which has since been bought out by CenturyLink. No complaints with my current service so far.

Hmm, yeah I don't trust cable companies, although AT&T sure hasn't left me feeling very secure lately. Our wired phone connection has been flakey for weeks after multiple repair attempts on their part... All the spare connections are used in the trunk. They need to actually repair or replace the broken connections. :/

They already have, at least in some markets. I live in the Southwest and Comcast, which was my only cable option (and, incidentally, is a company run by the Devil himself), slapped my account with a usage cap. And it wasn't just me. It was all customers in this market. I can't recall exactly, but I think it may have been a cap of 10GB/month, which was out of the question for me.

You have a civic duty to let your local government know that you are dissatisfied since it is they who gave Comcast a government-backed monopoly in your area. It's not only Comcast's fault they have little or no competition. Your local government can alter the terms of the oppressive monopoly contract ("exclusive franchise agreement") so that Comcast can't impose data usage caps.

Representative government is supposed to allow you and others some ability to alter this sort of stuff.

edit: with regards to this Anthology - installed it. Playing BG2 for the first time. Seems alright so far. Using some mods including fixpacks, spellfixes, widescreen mod.. Nothing too big of a change.

Finished downloading todayy, and installed all of them to verify the download is OK. Played all 6 of them for quick tests. They all worked fine. :)

I think Thrasher is happy. :)

Last edited:
I have comcast. We get a 250 GB cap. I've gone over twice and they haven't charged me or even said anything.

That really is a damn good deal. I've played them all already long ago (and am not much of a replayer) but if you have not then its well worth grabbing.

Back
Top Bottom