Starpoint gemini 2

Brandenburg

Watcher
Last night I downloaded this game on Steam Early Access. It is in alpha stage but already looks astonishing! Reminds me very much of hybrid between X series and Freelancer. More X-ish by advanced graphics and using of big ships, but more Freelancer-ish in the ways of feeling and ambient depth. It also has RPG system implemented. Anyway, this game is worth checking out for any space fan out there. Their forum and community hub on Steam is already very active with alpha players posting all sorts of interesting ideas for the devs.
First teaser-trailer can be viewed here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WwD3LVzDwI

Last edited:
interested in hearing more opinions on this game

Already posted on the front page yesterday, but more coverage doesn't hurt. As for me I'll wait as I hate playing alpha or beta builds of games.:)

I only have one wish make sure it's better than the first.;)

Anyone play the original??

I tried to play the first. It didn't take long before I was at a point where I could do extremely trivial non-combat missions or near-certain-death combat missions. I decided to wait for more updates to balance the game out and never looked at it again.

This new game looks COMPLETELY different.

I snagged this a few days ago and tested it out a bit this weekend. It definitely looks good and runs smooth. There's a pretty big space to play in and a HUGE number of factions - though it seems that all the factions go off the same reputation indicator. Raise your rep and the "good guys" will like you. Lower it and the pirates like you.

I'm a bit worried about missions. There's one where you taxi somebody from A to B. Good to do when you're exploring anyway but a bit dull. There's scan/repair missions where you fly to a spot, hit a button, wait about 5 seconds, and you're done. Finally, there's the "go shoot these guys" missions - which thankfully are not insanely difficult this time around. And that's it. It doesn't take long for them to get pretty dull.

However, there are a couple of tabs on the screen for main story and sidequest missions. The missions I was getting were all "freelance" missions. It's really hard to judge the game without knowing what will happen with those. The game fundamentals all seem good so, if they are done well, this game is going to be great.

The developers are thinking they will release this Friday.

Edit: Ooops, looks like I spoke too soon. There are more types of freelance missions. I'm just too low level to see them.

Last edited:
Did they ever change it to where you could make your own character, or at least choose who you play as? I know for a while people were asking for the ability to mod the main character and choose his portrait/name, but the dev team didn't act like they wanted to make that possible...

I picked this up myself a week or two ago, haven't tried it as of yet and never did play the first one. Not sure when I'll get around to playing this but, when I do, I'll do some feedback here as well.

As i know its coming out soon, or better to say this week. So we will finaly see what the original game brings.

Did they ever change it to where you could make your own character, or at least choose who you play as?
Not that I saw. Though I'm not sure it really matters. At least in the parts I played, "you" are your ship. That could easily change when the story shows up, though.

Dose any1 know, how much will the game cost? And will there be a retail version?
It costs US$25 right now. I'm guessing $25 or $30 for the release version but I haven't heard for certain.

Retail...? Wait, I remember what that was! That's where they give you a disc with the latest Steam client and a code to enter, right? ;)

I was loogin for the info on that on other forums. SO: the retail will come out 2weeks later, hmmm

And the original game will be around 40$, but i can say for such a good game its a good deal :)

Back
Top Bottom