What games are you playing now?

Goat Simulator.

This game is about two things:
1. Be a goat.
2. Run into and butt as many things/living subjects you can find. My personal favourite: Running into a group of people standing close together (an element of bowling simulator in this case)

What made me buy it was this disclaimer (from the developer) on Steam:
"Goat Simulator is a completely stupid game and, to be honest, you should probably spend your money on something else, such as a hula hoop, a pile of bricks, or maybe pool your money together with your friends and buy a real goat."

I havent played it much and won't play it much, but the time I've spent with it have been very …. interesting and surreal. I had fun with it.

Is it worth it's price (10 euros)? No, but I've wasted more money on much less funny things, so I'm OK. I knew what I was doing.

Press the any key to continue.

pibbur who is very happy that he's not this particular goat on the real life server, as it died quite a lot. Or should have in real life. Many times.

Is it worth it's price (10 euros)? No, but I've wasted more money on much less funny things, so I'm OK. I knew what I was doing.

It does seem odd that they would price it so high. I'm not going to pay £7 for such an obviously silly, short game, but I might pay £4 or 5 to see what it's about.

Playing Neo Scavenger (which came with the recent Humble Bundle). It is a rouge like game where you start by assigning a limited number of character traits and skills from a wide range of available skills (e.g. melee, strong, electrical, mechanic, medic .. etc.) and then the game begins.

*snip*

Downsides, 2 for me:
1) its a flash game
2) the user interface need refinement and it takes some perma-deaths to get used it.

An indie gem, and highly recommended (you can grab it now from the humble bundle as pay what you want).

You made it sound interesting enough for me to rush over to Humble Bundle, but unfortunately it seems they've already switched to a different bundle. I might just go ahead and grab it directly from Steam. I see it's still in Early Access though.

What do you mean it's a flash game? Do you have to launch a web browser to play it?

It does seem odd that they would price it so high. I'm not going to pay £7 for such an obviously silly, short game, but I might pay £4 or 5 to see what it's about.

I can agree with that, but as I said, I've wasted far more money than that on other things: stuff I bought just because it was on sale, games I won't ever play, Britney Spears records, raising children, going to Sweden, buying anything australian...

pibbur who suddenly remembers, with relief, that he actually don't have any Britney Spears records.

You made it sound interesting enough for me to rush over to Humble Bundle, but unfortunately it seems they've already switched to a different bundle. I might just go ahead and grab it directly from Steam. I see it's still in Early Access though.

What do you mean it's a flash game? Do you have to launch a web browser to play it?

Sorry you missed the humble sale. I think that if you get it from Desura, then you get both the DRM free and Steam versions.

As for Flash, it is a game made with Macromedia Flash - it comes as a single executable and it does not require a browser. My gripe with flash games is that they tend to be cluncky, but this one is fine and runs perfectly well (except for few user interface niggles) on my 10 year old XP laptop. Here is some more explanation about the save files related to flash (since there is no save directory):

http://steamcommunity.com/app/248860/discussions/2/648811852284474523/?l=hungarian

Playing Age of wonders 3 which isn't that different from previous games as I expected, I expected to complete rework but while game has some big changes it still has AoW feel.I am not far into game but so far game met my expectations and this game could be one of the highlights this year.
I am also playing FTL:Advanced edition, so far game feels harder that original.After few runs I didn't see many new random events but I tested some new "toys" and they where fun.

Playing Age of wonders 3 which isn't that different from previous games as I expected, I expected to complete rework but while game has some big changes it still has AoW feel.I am not far into game but so far game met my expectations and this game could be one of the highlights this year.
I am also playing FTL:Advanced edition, so far game feels harder that original.After few runs I didn't see many new random events but I tested some new "toys" and they where fun.

I loaded it up yesterday and am thankful to see a revival of the series! Hopefully it still has some of the goofy humor Shadow Magic had :)

Also spent some time with AoW3 and while it's fun and I really like it, it's too early to pick a number x on a scale of 10.

But since I need to finish my plan of ME "different" angle already, there is no other option but to put AoW3 on a sort of a pause for a week or two - it simply takes me in and I can't stop playing temporarily just to spent an hour or two on some other game.

Diablo 3 - Reapa of Souls (continued)

I finished the expansion campaign, with my Monk who started as a lowly level 1 in the main campaign, finished the expansion at level 70 with a few paragon levels under his belt. On Torment I, I only had to lower the difficulty for a couple of the end bosses. The loot, skill, monster, environment, and event/quests progressions kept it interesting (without any farming required).

Now playing adventure mode, to see if it stays rewarding post level 70.

For now I'd say no.

Legendary drops, recipe drops, unique ingredient drops are too rare. And the paragon levels barely do anything. Also, the blood shards never really seem to give me any better loot than what nominally drops (which isn't much better). However, grinding seems to be made more palatable by being able to pick your destinations without playing the whole campaign over. Plus you get Nepahalim rifts that are big random dungeons with an super elite type boss (in many as ten levels).

But nothing really new there. Just a mix up of what you've already seen. A little variety for the grinders, perhaps.

SO the verdict is, if you like grinding for repetitive hours to be able to take on harder difficulties, level 70+ torment adventure mode might be OK. For me, I'd rather learn another character from scratch. Too bad, post game content is to OCD even for me…

About 9 hours in to mars war logs and it's pretty good.

Gripes would be very poor voice acting ( not something I normally care about but it's really bad) and lack of in game settings for key remapping.

The good would be the combat has really improved with the selection of some skills and I also love the diary feature. It will be a nice read when I'm finished with the game.

I've just started Kingoms of Amalur:Reckoning, which I picked up for a smile, a wink, and a saucy dance a while ago. So far it's feeling very consoley and a tad MMOish, but still fun. Hopefully it'll keep me entertained for a little while.

I keep trying to get started with Kerbal Space Program, but it requires a bit more brain power than I've got spare at the moment. :p

About 9 hours in to mars war logs and it's pretty good.

Gripes would be very poor voice acting ( not something I normally care about but it's really bad) and lack of in game settings for key remapping.

The good would be the combat has really improved with the selection of some skills and I also love the diary feature. It will be a nice read when I'm finished with the game.

You can change the key mapping with an external final as described here by the developers:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/232750/discussions/0/810924774396667428/

I also enjoyed a second playthrough as different choices opened up new quest paths and new skill paths. I also love the crafting (now where is that lead pipe!).

Finished the ME series game replay. Read all comics (except the one still ongoing but I don't thing I'll ever buy it). Got the N7 jacket replica. I'll try to watch the movie today if possible. Oh and did the fan ending mod to see what is that one about. Will never buy their bloody ME phonegame.
I have to sort out my thoughts and then will write in the "recently finished" thread. Yes, I'm pissed off so much that I can't write this moment how angry I am with Bioware and EA.

Although I've planned to play games recently bought (Stalker series, AoW3, etc) I just can't risk another disappointment so fast.

I need a cure, need to replay a proper RPG that respects fans. Installed and started:
Risen.

You can change the key mapping with an external final as described here by the developers:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/232750/discussions/0/810924774396667428/

I also enjoyed a second playthrough as different choices opened up new quest paths and new skill paths. I also love the crafting (now where is that lead pipe!).

Yep, I went online and saw the could be changed externally but I think all games should have them in the in game settings. An annoyance but definitely not a deal breaker.

I finished the game already, it was fun. Not amazing but solid. The crafting was nice but I wish there were more options and weapons to craft. I wasn't a big fan of the auto aim nail gun so I didn't use it much at all. The story, C&C and combat were all solid though imo.

I would like to see the outcome if I made some different choices but with all the games coming out soon I don't see myself having time to replay it now.

Picked up Skyrim again for the first time since its launch; with the addition of an overhaul mod, namely Requiem, it actually has some semblance of difficulty and level progression - I'm actually not bored in a TES game for a change! Hopefully, it continues.

Silly me thought I could find some good recipes and ingredients and some lucky drops so I could take Malthael on Torment. Nope. But at least I could do him on Master difficulty. Hours of grinding and little improved gear to show for it. I've been using this monk build for fast clearing (until he runs out of spirit….).

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10218362150?page=1

OK. I am officially back to Drakensang 2. Hit a wall through the second portal in the expansion. I've cleared the Elven Forest area, leveled up a bit. So will try the portal again. Maybe with Ardo this time…

Been playing Mars War logs for about a week now on and off, it is totally addictive. Right now I'm hoping I get the kid back as a mate at some point because Mary kind of sucks. She gets way too enthusiastic with those techno-skills, lol.

Been playing Mars War logs for about a week now on and off, it is totally addictive.

Welcome to the club! Wait until your second playthrough.

Right now I'm hoping I get the kid back as a mate at some point because Mary kind of sucks. She gets way too enthusiastic with those techno-skills, lol.

You hope - just be careful with your decisions!

I'm still playing KotOR 1 but I'm not enjoying it anymore.... same goes with MotB. Damn, I had such a good start too! I don't know, I'm getting tired of constant whining of my party members... I don't think I've had any reasonable conversation with Carth in first place, Bastilla is over-confident Queen-wannabe at this point and Canderous never shuts up about the Mandorolian war...... Zalbaar never tells me anything, and Mission won't stfu about the brother. Also, control is so crap on PC. I walk like someone completely intoxicated.

So here is the thing. I've enjoyed HotU so much, I'm thinking of having a go at some NWN mods.... something with good story and compatible with current patch 1.69. Any recommendations? I'm thinking of going for Shadowdale/Tethyr/Moonsea trilogy.

I don't know, I'm getting tired of constant whining of my party members… I don't think I've had any reasonable conversation with Carth in first place, Bastilla is over-confident Queen-wannabe at this point and Canderous never shuts up about the Mandorolian war…… Zalbaar never tells me anything, and Mission won't stfu about the brother. Also, control is so crap on PC. I walk like someone completely intoxicated.

So here is the thing. I've enjoyed HotU so much, I'm thinking of having a go at some NWN mods…. something with good story and compatible with current patch 1.69. Any recommendations? I'm thinking of going for Shadowdale/Tethyr/Moonsea trilogy.

You pretty much summed up every Bioware game for me. :biggrin:

I don't remember many of the NWN mods I tried being particularly good, even the top rated ones, but it's been many, many years since I played any and I'm an overly-critical bastard. I do remember the Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh being quite fun, but that was made quite early on, and since Bioware rewrote the scripting system a couple of times it may not work any more. Some of the other remakes of original PnP modules or games (Pool of Radiance, etc.) weren't too bad, but I'm afraid I can't really remember any of them. They probably wouldn't tick your story box, though.

I'd recommend going to the Vault and looking through the Hall of Fame for anything that catches your eye. You won't lose much time in taking a few for a test drive. I'd suggest my own, but I was more interested in creating a Lovecraftian atmosphere and trying out design ideas than story and NPCs (and it appears it's gone a little screwy since I published it).

Back
Top Bottom