KoA: Reckoning - NA Preorder Bonuses

Dhruin

SasqWatch
EA and 38 Studios have announced the NA retail preorder bonuses for Reckoning:
EA AND 38 STUDIOS UNVEIL PRE-ORDER BONUS ITEMS FOR AWARD-WINNING KINGDOMS OF AMALUR: RECKONING
RPG Players to Benefit from Mighty Exclusive Armor, Dynamic Weapons and Fate-Altering Treasure Hunter Packs

GUILDFORD, UK – SEPTEMBER 15, 2011 – Welcome to the world of Amalur! Electronic Arts Inc., 38 Studios LLC and Big Huge Games today revealed the in-game bonus items that players will receive when they pre-order* the epic role-playing game, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™. In this unique game, players can choose their own destinies by customizing their characters through a wide array of varied skills and abilities. Armed with the exclusive Armor, Weapons and Treasure Hunter packs, players can help shape their destiny even further.

· The Destinies Choice Pack: Offers a unique "Twist of Fate" card to enhance the beginning of your gameplay experience, the Compass of Fate and three unique armor sets. Each armor set is tailored to a specific class which players will define and redefine during their time in Amalur.

· The Fate-Touched Weapons Pack: Players can enter battle as fully prepared as ever with an arsenal of rare Fate-Touched weapons including a longbow, hammer, staff, faeblades, daggers, scepter, chakrams, longsword and greatsword. The weapons will help satisfy every player’s combat style with Reckoning’s on-the-fly weapon swapping in combat to take down even the most dreadful of foes.

· The Ultimate Treasure Hunter Pack: For treasure hunters who will dive into every nook and cranny in the world of Amalur, the Dowsing Rod will seek out all reagents for concocting potions on your in-game map. A worthy companion tool for any adventurer, the Dowsing Rod will help players get the most out of their alchemy skill..

Participating retailers may vary. For more information on pre-order item availability and retailers, please visit www.reckoningthegame.com.
More information.

lol, Trasher.

Also, meh. Gamestop get the best stuff, but I will never buy from them. If I had to pre-order it would be with EA, physical PC box, but I think I'm gonna wait a bit first.

Why not just call it cheat dlc that's what it is. At least there not charging you for it yet.

Unbalanced items at the start of the game, oh boy! I actually go out of my way to avoid these packs, rather than seek them out.

Since our server is based in Germany, we often get sent the European version of press releases. Perhaps they forgot to edit the NA original? I don't usually bother posting the corporate blah blah at the end but this one says…

" Available at participating retailers in North America. Restrictions apply. Please visit www.reckoning.com/pre-order for more details."

That address just redirects to the main site for me, so I took that quote at face value.

Even if I'm very interested in this game, I think that I'll pre order it from Play.com (the normal version): I agree that these DLCs are just cheats, and definitely could make things too easy...

The German-language preorder notice of the KIngdoms site sounds like this newsbit from above (only in German language, of course).

As preorders are listed :
Amazon Germany http://www.amazon.de/gp/feature.htm...ning-21&linkCode=ur2&camp=1638&creative=19454
Gamestop Germany http://www.gamestop.de/kingdoms-of-amalur

The site also says that the game will be released on February, 9th, 2012 - seemingly in Europe: http://www.ea.com/de/reckoning/blog/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-erscheint-am-09-februar-2012

The basically but seemingly a bit older newsbit http://www.ea.com/reckoning/blog/reckoning-launches-in-february from the English-language version of the whole site reports these publishing dates :

North America - February 7, 2012
Europe - February 10, 2012

The German-language version of the site also calls this game an "Action-RPG".

Back
Top Bottom