EVERSPACE 2 - Live Preview of New Content on Oct 15th

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Tomorrow, ROCKFISH Games will stream a live gameplay preview of the upcoming EVERSPACE 2 Khait Nebula: Stranger Skies content update.

LIVE: Watch the devs play a snippet of the upcoming EVERSPACE 2 Khait Nebula!

Hey there, pilots!

Your 1st Communications Officer here with an important PSA: The upcoming EVERSPACE 2 Khait Nebula: Stranger Skies content update is ready for official live gameplay previews on our Twitch and YouTube channel and here on Steam, starting this Friday at 8:00 pm CSET / 2:00 pm EDT / 11:00 am PDT.

In fact, Erik, our beloved Community Ambassador, already gave a little sneak peek during last week's ROCKFISH Games Show:

The Steam exclusive experimental release of the 3rd EVERSPACE 2 content update is scheduled for October 22nd with the official release dropping on Steam and GOG on November 3rd.

Keep it civil on the forums, and see you in space!
Michael and your dedicated ROCKFISH Games Team
More information.

I bought this a while ago because I really enjoyed the first game. While I am not generally a big fan of rougelike/rouge-lite games, that one kept on being fun for a very large number of repetitions.

This sequel looks like it will make the original game pale in comparation.

I'm also looking forward to this one.

This isn't a rogue light. It's more of an ARPG in space, with skills and ship upgrades.

This isn't a rogue light. It's more of an ARPG in space, with skills and ship upgrades.

Correct. This is a very different type of game from Everspace. Anyone who thinks they might be interested should definitely try the demo. It's a full-on RPG in space.

See any game that has skills and upgrades is an RPG. :lol:

So I'm calling Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy an RPG as well.:p

Last edited:
I forgot to quote Grifman in relation to the other thread you said it wasn't. See Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy has skills and ship upgrades as well therefore it's an RPG.

So yeah off-topic and nothing to do with the thread as usual I couldn't resist.

Edit. Go on now have the last word as usual.:biggrin:

Last edited:
You mean when you compared Guardians Of The Galaxy to Deus Ex? I never said it didn't have skills or whatever. I just said it doesn't look anything like DX.

But this thread is about Everspace 2.

Also, why edit your post after I replied? :)

The last time I actually liked space ship games was way back with Wing Commander and that PS1 game I probably won't be able to think of the name of. I've tried to get into stuff like the X series, but they bore the hell out of me.

This looks promising. It would be nice to find such a game that I can enjoy in the 21st century.

IMO and just based on the demo but EverSpace 2 is right about in the ballpark of what I was hoping the Freelancer-like part of Star Citizen was supposed to become back in 2012.

It actually annoyed me in a way when I was playing the ES2 demo thinking how this small German team is making this great looking spiritual sequel to Freelancer with a minuscule fraction of SC’s $300 million budget while Roberts & co. have pretty much been goofing off with muh money :biggrin: for almost a decade with barely anything worth a damn so far. There’s just so much wasted potential…

I've tried to get into stuff like the X series, but they bore the hell out of me.

Same here. I've always wanted to like the X franchise, but I'm not really interested in gameplay where the primary focus is trading and building an economy. Everspace 2 is more about taking on missions and exploring.

I forgot to quote Grifman in relation to the other thread you said it wasn't. See Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy has skills and ship upgrades as well therefore it's an RPG.

So yeah off-topic and nothing to do with the thread as usual I couldn't resist.

Edit. Go on now have the last word as usual.:biggrin:

Way to be passive aggressive....and then complain it others;)

Side Point/Quibble: I know it's just a cinematic convention, but space craft are always shown using a continuous engine burn when traveling. Unless I don't remember my astrophysics correctly, in zero gravity inertia will keep an object at the same speed in a straight line without the need for forward propulsion of any kind. Therefore, a space craft doesn't require a sustained engine burn or any burn unless it needs to change course or slow down. Yet you see space craft chugging along with engines at full throttle all the time, straight line or not.

MO and just based on the demo but EverSpace 2 is right about in the ballpark of what I was hoping the Freelancer-like part of Star Citizen was supposed to become back in 2012.

It actually annoyed me in a way when I was playing the ES2 demo thinking how this small German team is making this great looking spiritual sequel to Freelancer with a minuscule fraction of SC’s $300 million budget while Roberts & co. have pretty much been goofing off with muh money :biggrin: for almost a decade with barely anything worth a damn so far. There’s just so much wasted potential…
Heathen Star Citizen is the holy grail of space sims. So how dare you criticize the game. So was that good enough given what I read on the games forum and sub-reddit?:biggrin:

What's funny is Chris Roberts developed Freelancer.

Anyway yeah small developers sometimes make better games.:nod:

Way to be passive aggressive….and then complain it others;)
Thank you for the compliment.:bow:

Side note me and him aren't on friendly terms so get used to it.

Side Point/Quibble: I know it's just a cinematic convention, but space craft are always shown using a continuous engine burn when traveling. Unless I don't remember my astrophysics correctly, in zero gravity inertia will keep an object at the same speed in a straight line without the need for forward propulsion of any kind. Therefore, a space craft doesn't require a sustained engine burn or any burn unless it needs to change course or slow down. Yet you see space craft chugging along with engines at full throttle all the time, straight line or not.

The same applies to sound as well. You obviously wouldn't hear all those cool noises in space. Lots of burn and sound effects are more fun though. :)

Back
Top Bottom