Witcher 3 Just got Witcher 3 for £11 - beginner hints/tips

The Witcher 3
I didnt mean to go to Skellige early. Just at the required level is fine. I was well over level 20.

I'm having a lot of fun. Played over 30 hours now. I do feel like I'm getting over levelled for the main quests now.

I'm at level 13 and barely doing any side quests. The main quest is at level 12 and it says to go to skellige at 16.

Should I be worried about that?

Most fights are very easy at the moment except for boss fights.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I found that Bloody Baron quest to be perhaps the best quest I've ever played in any game. Amaze-balls. I plan on retrying the game. I keep hoping for a mod that changes Geralt to look like Ciri/Yennefer/Triss instead. Instaplay :D

I found that Bloody Baron quest to be perhaps the best quest I've ever played in any game. Amaze-balls. I plan on retrying the game. I keep hoping for a mod that changes Geralt to look like Ciri/Yennefer/Triss instead. Instaplay :D
Yeah the baby part was very emotional but I still thought he was a bastard.

Yeah the baby part was very emotional but I still thought he was a bastard.
I agree but the game is good at showing life isn't just black and white like many think nowadays. Once you get both sides you see the fault lies with both him and his wife.

One good way to challenge yourself is to do contract quests which have a higher level recommendation. It might serve to make you a bit more humble in the process too. :)

In all honesty though, there were only a small number of encounters which were a bit difficult; and yes, they were usually boss encounters. For me, two of those were in the expansions.

In all honesty though, there were only a small number of encounters which were a bit difficult; and yes, they were usually boss encounters. For me, two of those were in the expansions.

I found quite a few of the contracts to be a good challenge when they weren't below my level. I'm not a min-maxer though, and I also ignored the witcher sets because I didn't like the way those quests were implemented.

If you want to do most/all side quests I definitely recommend using a Reduced XP mod. Otherwise you outlevel content far too early.
There's also a great Scaling Overhaul mod which lets you set the ranges for scaling.

If you want to do most/all side quests I definitely recommend using a Reduced XP mod. Otherwise you outlevel content far too early.
There's also a great Scaling Overhaul mod which lets you set the ranges for scaling.

I don't often use mods that adjust the way a game works but I'd use that reduced XP mod if I had the option. By the time I got to the latter part of the main quest and the side quests that spin off from those missions (like the Judy stuff, the Johnny stuff, etc), every single one of the quests was deemed "very easy". And that's with me doing around 50% of the gigs and crimes, not nearly all of them.

I don't often use mods that adjust the way a game works but I'd use that reduced XP mod if I had the option. By the time I got to the latter part of the main quest and the side quests that spin off from those missions (like the Judy stuff, the Johnny stuff, etc), every single one of the quests was deemed "very easy". And that's with me doing around 50% of the gigs and crimes, not nearly all of them.

The mod he's talking about is for TW3, but yeah, they could use one for CP 2077 too. There's probably already something out there.

Thanks all for the feedback.
I'm still having fun over 30 hours in. That's good :)

I do take on harder contracts sometimes. I was pleasantly surprised at being destroyed in a fist fight after playing some Gwent. It took me 10 tries or so to beat the guy :D

The main quest is a lot of fun, but so are many of the secondary quests.
I'm not doing all of them but quite a few.
I don't do any Witcher contracts though. Horrible Witcher that I am.

Well, yeah, I mean you need to find that one guy so you can find that other guy so you can find Dandilion so you can find Ciri in time!

If people had mobile phones and contact lists, the game would have been over in about 15 minutes. ;)

I do take on harder contracts sometimes. I was pleasantly surprised at being destroyed in a fist fight after playing some Gwent. It took me 10 tries or so to beat the guy :D

I didn't partake in fist fighting much, but I spent way too many hours playing Gwent. :)

Who knows why, but CDPR's fist fighting quests are always on the hard side. I didn't try any of the Cyberpunk ones until I was overleveled and I still got destroyed (I did the one where you fight twins)

I don't remember, but I'd say the beards and everything else is pretty good here too.
THIS

is a proper dwarven beard! (That's Vivaldi, by the way. I think he was in W3 as well.)

Who knows why, but CDPR's fist fighting quests are always on the hard side. I didn't try any of the Cyberpunk ones until I was overleveled and I still got destroyed (I did the one where you fight twins)
I didn't fight them too difficult. The only one I had issues with was the one lvl 24 fist fight when I was lvl 14 or 15.

Everythjng else has been at a good level.

The fist fights were a lot harder in Witcher II. They were QTE's and you had to hit the correct key to win. In Witcher III the fist fights got harder the more you advanced.

You have to think like a boxer by attacking and defending in a certain order.

Back
Top Bottom