Enderal - Special Edition released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Enderal is now compatible with Skyrim: Special Edition:

New with Special Edition

• New rendering engine which supports smoother image quality and improved lighting effects
  • Best performance and stability due to 64bit support
  • Additional game fixes introduced by the Skyrim Special Edition
Introduced with Enderal

• An open world with its own lore and hand-crafted, detailed and diverse landscapes - explore deserts, heathlands, forests, jungles, mountains, and more.
  • An unconventional story with believable characters and psychological undercurrents.
  • German and English voice acting by professional voice over artists.
  • Multi-faceted, believable characters with own ambitions and motivations.
  • Overhauled gameplay with classes, experience points, survival mechanics and challenging combat.
  • An overhauled skill system with classes and new special abilities.
  • A housing system allowing the player to design their own homes.
  • 30 to 125 hours of expected playtime.
Added in Forgotten Stories

• Two "crafting classes" that utilize alchemy and enchanting for combat - use potions to shapeshift into a werewolf as the Lycantrope, use enchanting to craft spirit companions as the Phasmalist.
  • Improved performance and stability for a smooth experience.
  • Twelve new sidequests and two non-linear guild questlines: Work your way up the Golden Sickle, Enderal's merchants guild and infiltrate the ranks of the Rhalâta, the enigmatic cult ruling the Undercity.
  • Reworked and improved crafting, spells, and much more.
More information.

Good excuse for me to replay it in the special edition, but not for a while. Clocked up 296 hrs, surprising how much content there is and how well it's done + it's FREE.

I played this when it first released, even helped with some testing and such, all done without being a big fan of the base game, honestly. This version is much superior, well worth playing, and the price is right!! I'll never replay the base game but Enderal, that will be visited again, no doubt.

I played Enderal when it was first released. Playing again to see how it is with the Special Edition. What a great game. The main story is fine but the exploration and character development are fantastic. The world is beautiful and finding new areas is always rewarding.

I couldn't get into it. I felt they tried to be too edgy. Often the issue for things like this. Saw it happen with the large FO4 add-on as well.

Still it was well done and nicely made and adds to the overall game at no cost so can't complain. I never finished it in LE though and don't play SE so maybe the SE version is better.

Lot of people automatically assume anything player made is better, usually because they simply like to bash big companies, and will often overlook many issues in mods. As if they would even exist without all the work the people put into making the original base game.

Lot of people automatically assume anything player made is better, usually because they simply like to bash big companies, and will often overlook many issues in mods. As if they would even exist without all the work the people put into making the original base game.

I'm the exact opposite. I won't install mods that add player-created content as I almost always find it inferior to the developer's or clashing in some way with the original content.

I loved both Nehrim and Enderal so I have nothing bad to say about both mods. I agree that a lot of user made content or conversions are crap most of the time though.:)

SureAI deserve all the awards/praise and look forward to paying their commercial game.

I'm the exact opposite. I won't install mods that add player-created content as I almost always find it inferior to the developer's or clashing in some way with the original content.

And I'm right in the middle. ;) Not one of those people who think modders always "fix" games, and make superior design decisions to professional teams of dozens or hundreds. But also very much a fan of select mods for games like the original Neverwinter Nights and the original Thief trilogy, and think the best mod output for those games is as good or better than the original game content.

You must have never tried Fall from Heaven or Wake of the Gods. Now those were some fantastic mods. Also, Circle of Eight.

I was referring to extra content mods for Bethesda games. There are plenty of good Neverwinter Nights 1&2 mods, and yes quite a few good civilization mods as well.

(Ah and yes Old Grognard is my alt account.)

You must have never tried Fall from Heaven or Wake of the Gods. Now those were some fantastic mods. Also, Circle of Eight.

The Circle of Eight mod is great, but I've only tried the basic one not the one that adds the additional area. I just prefer to stick to mods that enhance the visuals and/or fix bugs.

I don't have a problem with restoring cut content either as long as it makes sense and doesn't seem out of place.

Hmm, I'm in both worlds when it comes to modding. I generally run one game that is the base game with only graphical or UI tweaks. I then run a 2nd game that is modded to the max. The first game stays on the pc forever as it's very stable. The 2nd game is uninstalled when I inevitably break it ;)

I doubt that I'll tackle Enderal a 2nd time. I'd rather play something totally new if I'm going to reload SkyrimSE. I have a hard time revisiting Skyrim nowadays. It's still a great game, but I've played it for a full work year.

I'm at the point where I'm just waiting for the next TES game and I ignore Bethesda for the most part. I don't have much interest in the sci-fi game.

Back
Top Bottom