Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Wizards can, yeah. Have to find a scroll of resist energy it seems!

It will probably be a scroll of resit fire/cold/etc. At least, that's how the potions are labelled.

Well, I was going to get a few more hours into Pathfinder but it seems like they are going to have another patch that will enable kick starter rewards, so looks like I'll be putting a pause on this one for now. Once again, I need to stick to my rule about not jumping into games during the first month of release!!

Does Arcane Spell Failure count for Clerics, too, or only Wizards who cast Arcane magic?

Does Arcane Spell Failure count for Clerics, too, or only Wizards who cast Arcane magic?

It for all arcane spells (with somatic component <= not sure if the game checks that). A cleric casts divine spells by default. A Cleric/Wizard would have the check for the Wizard's spells only.

Bard ignoring that that check if wearing light armor though.

But all spellcasters have to pass concentration check while casting spell in combat if attacked that if failed will cause the spell to fail (aka take the feat combat casting).

Going the Stag Lord's fort with a level 2 Octavia and everyone else at level 4 might not have been the brightest idea I came with in this game so far… Let just say it was rather suboptimal. The place feels more like it was made for a level 5 party too, but I fail to see why I missed in term of content, it's not like encounters gives that much.

But now I'm a Baron and I already annexed a region. Mouahaha…wait I'm Neutral Good, I can't laugh like that.

I'm still thinking of restarting though, especially after that guard said that all baron breath fire. I need to roll a Scaled Fist Monk or Draconic Sorcerer now.

Why is Octavia only level 2? Is there an option to turn off share party experience? By the time I reached Stag lord's fort, everyone is my party was level 4, and it wasn't too difficult (but then again, I play on normal). I'm playing with fighter/mage baroness, Valerie as tank, Amiri as melee dps, Harrim and Linzi as heal/buff support, and Octavia as ranged dps.

Why the hell do monks have to have lawful alignment. I hate lawful choices.
And I dont think my lawful good monk/thug makes a lot of sense. =(
He's all about rules and laws. And mugging people.

Why is Octavia only level 2?

I recruited her right before doing the last main quest and she was level 2 while everyone else was already level 4. I actually have "shared XP with none-active party member" on too, I was actually expect her and Regongar to be at party level but it wasn't the case.

I didn't have to put her in the party and just do it with all the level 4 character, but I wanted a Wizard.

I got a kingdom quest to make her gain level now (Regongar too).

@Cacheperl; make him Lawful Evil "he is the law!" that way.

I just love the character development in this game. Leveling up is so rewarding and makes a big difference which feats, spells and skills you choose. You can really work out a great synergy among your party members and customize them a million different ways. Here's some examples of what I've done.

Took my level 5 Cleric, Harrim, and gave him a level of Fighter. Now he can use Martial weapons and wield a giant Trollkiiler Axe I found. Sweet! :)

Took my level 5 Archaeologist, Latharius, and gave him a level of Alchemist/Grenadier. Now he can hurl bombs so he's not as useless in combat. Also sweet!

Multiclassing is really cool and useful in a pinch. I suggest thinking about things like that when leveling up, and they make it really easy to compare progression paths of all classes, which is a great feature.

Sometimes it is a little too easy to multiclass. Dont forget what you loose: Some classes get very interesting feats or abilities at high levels. You wont get them as a multi-class character. Similarly, many things scale with the character level, most of those depend on the level in a specific class.

Also, have a good long look at the feats you can select. Maybe, for what you want to achieve, it is sometimes better to get the feat instead of multiclassing. For instance, if you only want Weapon Finesse, simply taking the feat is often better than dipping a level into rogue. But if you also want Finesse Training, going rogue is actually a good idea.

Honestly, most of the multiclass options are only interesting for some specific features that some classes get early on. Like the Paladin saving throw increase.

If ever people were wondering if there was a storage chest, there is one(s).

The chest beside your bed in Oleg's can be used to store stuff and once you get the Barony, the chest in the throne room and your bedroom also work...and the content is all connected.

Note, I have no idea if that survive the chapter 1 to chapter 2 transition, I only started to put stuff in there by chapter 2.

I've restarted a new character and I discovered there was tar available at Oleg. So tar + traps + alchemy's fire, stand near the building with ranged weapons and watch the slaughter.

Also, whoever says that normal is hard in this game must be terrible at playing video games. For fun, I decided to try normal and I only used auto-attacks for all the tutorial, including Oleg's big fight (wasn't my experience on everything set to normal). Funny enough, the "nerfed" hall fight might be harder than the previous version, the leader cast "protection from good, communal" so all the enemies get the +2ac/saves against good aligned character, but he still use "cause fear" (was the aoe version "scare" previously, but not protection from good).

If ever people were wondering if there was a storage chest, there is one(s).

The chest beside your bed in Oleg's can be used to store stuff and once you get the Barony, the chest in the throne room and your bedroom also work…and the content is all connected.

Note, I have no idea if that survive the chapter 1 to chapter 2 transition, I only started to put stuff in there by chapter 2.

The teleport-chest ( :p ) works fine for me, including chapter transitions.

Also, realism confirmed: My kingdom starts to accumulate debt.

Hrrrm.

I'm not sure if I'm following the story very well, but the place with the Sycamore is HUGE! Not gonna say more than that due to spoilers, but I've leveled up at least twice here due to all the battles and stuff.

So…. did anyone return the black whip to… that shifty mage person?

I'm talking about the mage in the lone house. I pissed him off earlier by asking him to release the abused troll, so now he doesn't want to stay unless 1. I return the whip to him 2. I promise not to interfere with his affairs anymore. Only then I can ask him to be my arcane advisor. The thing is, I don't like this guy, but not sure if there are any other arcane advisors available. Sucks.

What did you guys do?

Also, I'm waiting for second curse to come around. Still got about 3 months left. Anyone past this stage yet???

So much going on!!! :D

I'm still in the "learning the system" phases.

And today I learned that you could get an animal companion via:
- ranger (all the archetypes lose it) (lvl4)
- druid class (lvl 1)
- sacred huntmaster Inquisitor (lvl 1)
- cleric and all other inquisitors via animal domain (lvl 4)
- mad dog barbarian (lvl 1)
- sorcerer sylvan (lvl 1)

I might even be forgetting some.

So…. did anyone return the black whip to… that shifty mage person?

What did you guys do?

Also, I'm waiting for second curse to come around. Still got about 3 months left. Anyone past this stage yet???

So much going on!!! :D

The shifty mage person
died in my playthrough. Trolls attacked his house and killed him, but asked about the whip. I don't know what to do with it now, maybe take it back there and see what happens?

I'm waiting on the second curse, too, and have probably 4 or 5 months left, not sure, it just kind of started after I went after the trolls. I did the troll quest and
let the kobold kingdom become a vassal under my barony :D
. I just had to, lol. I got an "unpredictable" achievement, hah. Chaotic Good has its perks. :)

So much going on indeed. I have to figure out what to do next. I might go pick mushrooms for the witch lady. Trying to decide on my party at the moment, too. So many choices!

Back
Top Bottom