Mass Effect - 10 Sexiest Games @ CrispyGamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Another silly Top 10 list but it's a quiet news weekend, so what the heck. CrispyGamer has their list of 10 Sexiest Games of All Time and in with Leisure Suit Larry and some dubious card games, Mass Effect grabs a position:
"I didn't have a choice here. The game itself can be kind of dry because of the pacing. But the fact that you're able to build up relationships with aliens, humans and countless races makes it fascinating. The sex scenes are also quite beautiful, and very well done, and it's absolutely clear that a romantic interlude took place. The way that the female alien's wrist goes limp against the headboard, or way the game concentrates on the eyes and glides over small parts of the body without showing anything explicit ... The most important thing to note here, though, is that developer BioWare is able to put this into a game so focused on meaningful interaction. You have a relationship with every single thing, be it person or alien, that you come across. This isn't a scenario where you're just trying to get off, or an attempt to fetishize an experience. You're building a meaningful relationship, so that when climax does occur, you're truly experiencing the merging of two people who've built up a bond. That's the future of videogames, in my opinion. Whether the gaming public's ready for that yet though remains to be seen..."
More information.

Everyone always ignores the fact that there were many more sexual relations availble in Jade Empire... even if there were no actual "sex" scenes:
1: Straight relationships (1 guy and 2 girls to pick from) with a lengthy makeout scene
2: Homosexual relationships either way with a kiss scene (though it fades to black)
3: Threesome with both girls if you're a guy (although the scene just shows the three of them just kinda hold hands)

I don't think the reviewer played The Witcher. The Shani romance is IMO every bit as good as the ones in ME, whatever you may think of the sex cards. (Given that Leisure Suit Larry and that striptease game made the list, I can't believe that tackiness would be a disqualifier.)

Everyone always ignores the fact that there were many more sexual relations availble in Jade Empire... even if there were no actual "sex" scenes:

3: Threesome with both girls if you're a guy (although the scene just shows the three of them just kinda hold hands)

Damn, I didn't know about that one! I just finished JE fairly recently.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to get. You have to make sure not to alienate Dawn Star and keep persuading her to consider "trying new things" - heheh. You also have to do the good ending since Dawn Star leaves if you're evil. Since I concentrate on conversation skills heavily and like to drag out romances for as long as possible to see what happens, I got the threesome on the first go. Boy, was I surprised! In the epilogue about each character, however, the game seems to stick with the same results as the Silk Fox relationship ending.

Me too. It was hilarious, because so totally unexpected. I also thought it hilarious when Sky started hitting on me. JE definitely did good in the romance department -- even if it was more romantic comedy than the heavy-duty stuff in ME.

Back
Top Bottom