Laptops designed for women

Remus

Antihero
HP and Intel commissioned Nikita Buyanov to build a concept of laptops for women, available here .

The concepts of HP "Nobag" and "Perfume" look mightily stylist and awesome.

If companies would only import Japanese styles to the West on a regular basis and in a timely manner... Stuff like that is probably old news over there. I don't remember how long it took for color displays on cellphones to appear in Germany for example, while they had been in use in Japan for years.

Hello Kitty Laptop

Sure, Westerners have a very different taste in style compared to the Japanese, but it still boggles the mind how far behind we are in some areas. What I find particularly irritating is that even Japanese firms often appear to be so localized to our different market that it's like they aren't even the same company.

If companies would only import Japanese styles to the West on a regular basis and in a timely manner... Stuff like that is probably old news over there.

Oh I certainly hope not.

HP and Intel commissioned Nikita Buyanov to build a concept of laptops for women, available here .

The concepts of HP "Nobag" and "Perfume" look mightily stylist and awesome.

I get a message "please log in" there.

What japnese and asian women like is quite different, they are like little babies and could like very childish ones which a grown up women here would not want, so I think it does not make so much sense to integrate everything that much.

Also it is a swedish company to distrubete the cellphone network hubs in tokyo Japan..... since we are very far in this area :p

What japnese and asian women like is quite different...

No. Culturally, not only Japanese and women in other Asian countries are different from women in Europe, America, Africa, Middle Eastern countries, but there are huge differences between Japanese Women with, say Indonesian women or women in India on what kind of taste they respectively preferred toward trend in gadget or its design style. Here in Malaysia, those kind of products are difficult to sales, only some young female customers in urban area from high-income group, or women with "princess" attitude or "oh i'm cute and i want those cute things!" might have interest in the products.

I am not very familiar with Japanese culture and thus my opinion is not authoritative. Japanese peoples tend to have focus on detail and obsessive ("otaku" or nerdy ) and thus most technologies and products have the quality and fineness feel to them, including producing certain rare and unconventional designs or products. And yes, cuteness or "kawaii" is an important element in their popular culture and Japanese women love that kind of things. While you could see some similar behaviors among Chinese or on some other asian women, but they are on different levels or same as women in Western countries (which we typically referred to as "white man countries"). Plus in the case Chinese women, since they spread all over the different countries, like American Chinese, Chinese in South Africa, Chinese in South East Asian countries, and some more there are certain differences between Cantonese Chinese women, with several other sub-ethnic Chinese group (we call it different clans) whose with different dialects and do things and preferred things differently, it is just difficult and not valid to lump them together in a same conclusion, and we're not even including Japanese women on the topic of taste toward consumer products.

Years ago i read an article on the topic of "cuteness" in Japanese culture; don't remember much now but suffice to say that it is questionable to judge things or observe a culture based on male perspective alone, or a parameters from your own culture or custom that established and grown up from different environment as well as the reasons.

they are like little babies and could like very childish ones which a grown up women here would not want, ...

Nah, i think you're talking about something else ;) . Women in Japan and other asian countries are well capable in many things, e.g respected Dr. Zeti is governor for Central Bank of Malaysia, as well as the professor and mentor of my history thesis on Chinese women social history many years ago, and my girlfriend passed all test for ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) by self-study alone and her salary is higher and richer than me ;)

Last edited:
I am not very familiar with Japanese culture and thus my opinion is not authoritative. Japanese peoples tend to have focus on detail and obsessive ("otaku" or nerdy ) and thus most technologies and products have the quality and fineness feel to them, including producing certain rare and unconventional designs or products. And yes, cuteness or "kawaii" is an important element in their popular culture and Japanese women love that kind of things. While you could see some similar behaviors among Chinese or on some other asian women, but they are on different levels or same as women in Western countries (which we typically referred to as "white man countries"). Plus in the case Chinese women, since they spread all over the different countries, like American Chinese, Chinese in South Africa, Chinese in South East Asian countries, and some more there are certain differences between Cantonese Chinese women, with several other sub-ethnic Chinese group (we call it different clans) whose with different dialects and do things and preferred things differently, it is just difficult and not valid to lump them together in a same conclusion, and we're not even including Japanese women on the topic of taste toward consumer products.

Don't forget swedish chinese or is that chinese swedish? :p

Nah, i think you're talking about something else . Women in Japan and other asian countries are well capable in many things, e.g respected Dr. Zeti is governor for Central Bank of Malaysia, as well as the professor and mentor of my history thesis on Chinese women social history many years ago, and my girlfriend passed all test for ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) by self-study alone and her salary is higher and richer than me

I know many woman in china, and some in japan, who still sleep with little cuddly animals and teddy bears in their bed after they were 21,,, which is very frowned upon in sweden, if I did this here they think I am a baby.

That does not prevent certain woman in both japan, china.. ( and korean women are already more mature )..... to be succesful and unchildish, but I think majority are much more childish ( in the western meaning of the word :p )

I do not know the other asian countries except for China, Korea, or Japan well.

What japnese and asian women like is quite different, they are like little babies and could like very childish ones which a grown up women here would not want, so I think it does not make so much sense to integrate everything that much.

Really? Really?

Hi, please educate yourself through the following links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotypes

I do not know the other asian countries except for China, Korea, or Japan well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance

Your posts are repulsive. And yes, Remus is very right.

I hardly think it is racism to say that someone is childish? and as you could see I also wrote by western standards.

As far as stereotypes go, I would say it is fact that these things sell very well in Japan and china ??? Futhermore why would I be racist against myself ?

Is it something negative to have a childish taste or act childish that is a very subjective question.

I would say it is a cultural difference rather than a racial one though.

You are right about that one, I am ignorant at least if I am very sure I am right :p

Saying "someone is childish" is vastly unlike saying "all females of this ethnicity are childish." Do you detect the not-so-subtle difference?

It's possible to hold negative stereotypes about your own ethnic group, actually. It's called "self-loathing" and "racial inferiority complex." Which you seem to be suffering from acutely, if you're actually Asian, whether born-and-bred or an Asian born and raised in a western country.

As far as stereotypes go, I would say it is fact that these things sell very well in Japan and china ???

"they are like little babies"

"but I think majority are much more childish"

"Western definition" or not (here's a thought: "childish" is a word with negative connotations in English), you're making a generalization based on... well, very little knowledge. The fact that you're using the label "Asian women" as if the entirety of Asia shared a single culture is downright painful. I can't imagine growing to adulthood being this ignorant.

Sorry I guess I have proved the point of being childish :p

But anyway to be politically correct, generally I think the % of women in Japan and China that are considered "childish" by the western definition is much larger than the % of western women being considered the same.

I appologize heartfelt if anyone feel terribly insulted by my horrible generalizations as of earlier.

I think by my personal opinion that in most asian countries the culture is quite different from the western one, and women get more into the role of liking cute things and acting what we would by western definition consider childish. The same behavior could be found attractive by many people of these countries, and also by many western people.

I also want to support my opinion with statistics about sales of cute/childish toys and animals and other objects which might be considered childish to a target group older than 13 for this region compared to western region.

By the way, are you, or do you know any asians ?

Last edited:
Essaliad's all wet on this one anyway, you need to run a "race check" on whatever potentially offensive was said, and if the originator of said comment was from that race - it's ok. So pipe down Essaliad, you dont have a leg to stand on you need to check your PC rulebook, dude.

No big GG, youre in the right! No need to apologize, dont buckle, in fact you should be coming back at him twice as hard for implying that he knows jack shit about you and your sisterhood.

Back
Top Bottom