Dark - Review @ Eurogamer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
How bad does a game have to be in order to score a 3 out of 10? As bad as Dark is according to Eurogamer.

Yep, stealth is hard. Dark, meanwhile, is cheap, and one does not complement the other. Dark flounders on all fronts when it comes to stealth, and there's literally nothing else to the game besides that. Even with gameplay that is pared back to the absolute minimum, quality stealth remains out of developer Realmforge's reach.
More information.

3? The game is not that bad.
It's not brilliant, but 3?

Poor level design, hostiles made as clones (all look the same), fake norespawns design (when you have to exit an area but in previously cleared floor more hostiles come via elevators and such stuff), lousy music (except the disco theme), sociopathic approach to characters - it's all wrong. It is.

But the game has almost no bugs, it's fun and hell, name me any RPG title with Oculus support.

Actually it seems to me that everyone wants this game to be DX:HR where you don't have to up skills and where you can "solve" levels by going FPS. Sorry, this is not a game like that. It's not a shooter, you must go stealth.
So dear Eurogamer, I suggest you to stick to FPS reviews in the future.

I have to agree with Joxer I bought it and enjoyed it. The game mechanics do need a little work, but it's not as bad as the online reviews make it out to be.

The only problem for me was the game length and the price tag, but that's nothing new really. I'd say 6/10 it's an average game.:)

That's how reviewing should work. Some hate a game, some dislike it and some love it. There's no perfect games.

I'll try Dark if there's no performance issues and if it's actually fun. I'm a huge fan of Risen 2 and absolutely love it, but it got some ridiculous scores and isn't generally talked about anymore.

Oh, I adore Risen2, regardless the flawed traps QTE and no 8723468437587345543 hours to play (but on the other hand, better that than grind bugrimlike fetch quests).
But Dark is nothing like it. I wish there was a demo so ppl can try it.

How are the loading times, especially with quicksaving and loading?

Also now that you're farther in, anything to report?

Eurolamer strikes again. The site, that seems to have a mission to shit all over games, that are not released by big publishers. Most of the flaws, that these games are called out on are the exact same things you can notice easily in every damn "10 out of 10", "the Citizen Kane of gaming" corridor shooter the very next week.

I think it would have helped if this game was released at a lower cost than the initial AAA title cost - reviewer's might have had a lower expectation during their review to give this title a more reasonable grading.

Back
Top Bottom