Final Fantasy XV - Three of Four DLCs Cancelled

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that the future of Final Fantasy XV is not looking great.

Things are not looking particularly great for Final Fantasy XV as Square Enix announced that the team behind it, Luminous Productions, has started focusing on creating a new game. Not only that, but three of the four planned DLCs have been officially cancelled and Hajime Tabata has left the team, meaning that Luminous Productions will stop developing content for Final Fantasy XV.

[...]
More information.

DLCs Cancelled
I wish this becomes trend.
the future of Final Fantasy XV is not looking great.
What future. An "emotionless tragedy" grinder needs to rest in the past. While pisspoor world setup and horribly bad quest systems should be burried and forgotten, it's visuals, on PC of course, and it's OST are things every developer out there should learn from.

I'll likely never play this game, but I own all the classic Final Fantasy games, and will enjoy them for many years in the future. I highly doubt this franchise will ever be glorious again.

Well that's a bummer as it was supposed to be content that finishes the endgame. Anyway I recall the game sold a few million on the PC so this a huge disappointment.

So why was the head writer fired? His DLC's are going with him.

Fired? Writer? I thought the director left the company to pursue his own project (now why SE didn't want to support such project in-house is another question).

Didn't see any writer was fired but they should fire all writers. As I said, the game is supposed to be a tragedy. But in the end you don't care about anything nor anyone, in fact you'll feel happy the boredom and grind is finally over with.

Was there a version of the game that included all the DLC on pre-order?

Anyway, that's two messes in a row on PC for Square/Enix. They released NieR:Automata and got plenty of awards and sales… and NEVER released any fixes at all for its many problems. If it wasn't for a modder bailing them out, the game would have sold horribly.

Now this comes out. It works quite well but they again failed to follow all the way through and ended up breaking promises for future DLC/mod tools.

PC version contains all DLC that appeared on Nintendo Gameboy prior to it's PC release.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/final-fantasy-xv/final-fantasy-xv-pc-port
The PC version of FFXV will come with a “wealth of bonus content,” which is confirmed to include all of the content contained in free updates for the console versions as well as the paid-for Season Pass DLC. The whole of Final Fantasy XV will be included in the Windows Version, with no need to buy anything more (unless new DLC is released post-launch, of course).

That means the PC version will include all of the Final Fantasy XV Episodes – three short story chapters which each focus on one of your party members. Gladiolus, Ignis, and Prompto all get to be the stars of their own show with this, and there’s even a decent bit of variety: Prompto’s chapter, for example, plays a bit like a shooter, while Ignis’ has some grapple hook parkour action.
Those 4 upcoming DLC were not a part of it. And to be honest, I'd never buy any of those - once I was done with the game I've uninstalled it and don't want to return to it ever again.

I have no knowledge about Nier Automata as that game, if I understood right, is supposed to be grinded over and over to reach it's ending. I'm not an audience for such stuff.
But I have knowledge about FF15 I've finished - it was almost bugfree on release. PC release.

Last edited:
It's not tragic at all. Thanks to Square Enix' obsession with final that was never final, fantasy, every other product they published was suffering.
Why they didn't make Anox2? Why they "forgot" about TLR combat model misused for a grinder? Why they just can't make a mature and provoking story already? And what's with stupid DX phoneware?
On top of it, they own bloody FMA, they made several atrocious "games" for consoles in that setting worse than Nintendo garbage, but no, let's not make a good game, let's produce junk because, well, FF is the one and only thing that matters.

Hajima Tabata said:
In regards to my next endeavors and near future, I have a project that I truly wish to solidify as my next challenge after FFXV. For that reason, I have decided to leave my current position and start my own business in order to achieve my goal.

I wonder if there's a chance this is related to the FFVII remake somehow. Though, my sources tell me that even the FFVII remake hasn't been going well (it's been restarted a couple times), and that doesn't even include the episodic roadmap they have intended for it…

I'll be quite surprised if we actually ever see that remake of Final Fantasy Seven. Really and truly flabbergasted.
At this point I have to agree since it's been rebooted so many times. So the conclusion I came to is Square Enix basically has no idea what a Final Fantasy game is anymore.

They also have problems on the publishing side of their business. They need to see if Nobuo Uematsu & Hironobu Sakaguchi will come back, and reboot the franchise.

Last edited:
The main problems I have with modern Final Fantasies is unappealing characters, bloated environments, and needless grind. The games could use a healthy dose of abstraction and implied detail. Make our imagination do some of the work. You don't have to show everything - it might as well be forklift simulator 10. Make it punchy and fun and don't outstay your welcome. The old FF's were always punchy and fun, even when grinding.

The main problems I have with modern Final Fantasies is unappealing characters, bloated environments, and needless grind. The games could use a healthy dose of abstraction and implied detail. Make our imagination do some of the work. You don't have to show everything - it might as well be forklift simulator 10. Make it punchy and fun and don't outstay your welcome. The old FF's were always punchy and fun, even when grinding.
Agree as the older Final Fantasy games were my favorite.:nod:

Especially the PS One remakes they released many years ago. Anyway to me it seems when most of the original staff left, and the PS3 was released Square lost it's vision.

Nowadays it's flashy graphic world simulators influenced by western games.:(

I thought FFXV was a great game. It entertained me enough to complete it, although I didn't 100% it as I feel the way they offered that was a bit strange. The world is huge, though, it's fun to explore and the characters are good enough. The combat is a lot of fun and the game is polished and fluid from startup. It's definitely worth a peek if you like western style RPGs and want something different with a JRPG flair. The version I bought came with the character story DLCs which I believe let you play the game from the perspective of each of the 3 companions.

I've heard both good and bad on Final Fantasy fifteen, but nothing so far yet that has compelled me to buy it. I just fear the utter disappointment that I'm more likely to feel regardless of what others might think of it.

It is beyond tragic how such a storied franchise can come to such an ignoble end. Sadly, it almost seems to be the norm these days.

FF was supported by the japanese market. They failed their attempt at globalization.

Back
Top Bottom