Dungeon Lords MMXII - D.W. Bradley Returns

How do you switch between equipped melee amd ranged weapons? The manual says "Q", but that doesn't work for me. Instead, my Rogue seems to automatically use his throwing knives when enemies are at a certain distance.

Hmm... not sure, but do you have the throwing knives in a melee slot or the ranged slot? I think they'll act as melee or ranged depending on your distance to the enemy if you've got them in a melee slot. If you've got them in the ranged slot instead, I think Q will work the way your thinking of.

People in my area are very proud that the Roman expedition to Germania ended here, quite suddenly. "Quinctilius Varus, give me back my Legions!" (Emperor Augustus) ;)

Now you got me interested. Do you believe in the Teutonic Forest theory (Detmold) or the more modern Kalkriese theory? I live actually in the middle between those places.

ON TOPIC: The game is so fundamentally broken that it can't be really fixed. I think it will improve on the CE (which should have been called NCE: "Near complete Edition"), but won't be a really good game.

Just want to restore balance a little bit.

I played Dungeon Lords several times. I finished it twice and a couple of times I stopped half-way (which is not unusual for me). Well, I played many RPG and I can definitely say that I didnot play every RPG several times. I enjoyed it.

The same goes by the way to the previous game of Bradley Wizards and Warriors.

Hmm… not sure, but do you have the throwing knives in a melee slot or the ranged slot? I think they'll act as melee or ranged depending on your distance to the enemy if you've got them in a melee slot. If you've got them in the ranged slot instead, I think Q will work the way your thinking of.

I can confirm they changed the way that works. There's no manual switching between melee and ranged now, your character just does it automatically. Problem is, it's buggy like everything else in this game. Sometimes my Rogue will continue to use throwing knives even when the enemy is right on top of him. I switched his knives for a bow to see if that made any difference, and now when he switches back to melee he's no longer dual-wielding.

I've submitted a ticket to GreenMan Gaming asking for a refund. :)

I've submitted a ticket to GreenMan Gaming asking for a refund.

Hey JDR before you do, can you first answer if the new multiplayer features were working(whatever the hell they were)as no one has said anything about that aspect yet?

The multiplayer features seem to be fully implemented, but I haven't joined a game. Unless I'm misunderstanding, you have to know the IP address of the game you want to join, it doesn't search for games for you. You can choose to host a game and it will tell you what your IP address is. There are options for LAN, Internet, and Gamespy. There's also a chat function.

Ok that sounds vaguely what it had before-if you used Gamespy you were able to see what games are available. A direct internet connection is a good idea.
Sadly, it probably won't matter for this game. I see the official forums are a ghost town.
I echo what most people are saying, bring back W&W for WIN 7 play at least.

For what its worth, the point-and-click mode in this new version (press Ctrl to trigger it, or options) seems to work rather well. Pointer is then always visable to click on UI elements etc, while keyboard moves around.

The game engine needs fundamental improvements, but then it always has. DL remains a fun game, despite this, largely to DWB's love of RPG core elements such as classes, stats, skills and loot, and puzzle-y dungeons. Those elements alone justify the re-release, coupled with modern hardware/ui support.

DL is hardly GOTY material, but it *is* well worth playing, but keep plenty of saves, and laugh at the silly stuff, don't cry over it.

O
M
G

I started a game, went fine, got into it and cleared most of the area behind the fire before heading towards town. The game crashed, and I figured 'I have 3 saves, I'll be fine' ...but it errors on load. Again, and again, and again.

So I start a new game, then try to load. Fails again with CTD.

Ugh. Probably have to uninstall and reinstall

Sounds like you're half right ;)

Haha ... I re-installed, and had the same problem; enabled WinXP compatibility and that seems to have solved stuff. I played for a while and made my way through into Fargrove ...

I remember this, I actually send someone a savegame so he could complete a jumping puzzle for me.

Back
Top Bottom