The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

blueScreen- In Between Worlds cd
Siddal- The Crossing cd

Wonderful stuff. Lush and beautiful, but still enough zip to keep it exciting.

Really looking forward to someday getting back to hearing and posting clips. It's like they expect me to work when I'm at work.

Ben Folds Five debut cd for me, although I've been cursed with that Justin Timberlake "Summer Love" song being stuck in my head. More specifically, with that horrible keyboard riff that plays over and over and over and over...

Made the mistake of slipping Street Legal into my CD player in the car; now I can't get the songs out of my head. This one has some of my all time favorite Dylan lines(and who are you that I should have to lie? ):

When the Night comes Falling from the Sky

i love jim white and heres a good video of his that i've seen before but last time i checked it wasn't on youtube. even better i just discovered his new album is coming out soon, at least in europe, which is odd since hes from florida. haven't heard much on the jim white front since i saw him 2 years ago coinciding with the release of his documentary "searching for the wrong eyed jesus" which is nearly the same title as his first album. its a good watch if you ever get the chance. his new album is called transnormal skiperoo. did i mention i like jim white;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qWahwJOM1I
oh an this is one of the 3 morcheeba produced tracks of his 2nd album

beck is a poser...jim white is the true alt-american songwriter

some new tracks on his myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/officialjimwhite

i'm really liking blindly, one of his bluesy/jazzy tracks

@magerette-thanks for the dylan cut-there's so much of his stuff i've never partaked yet he's probably the songwriter/musician i have the upmost respect for ever.

Last edited:
Neko Case (Furnace Room Lullaby) on my i-Pod now. I really need to sort my i-Pod better, I have all sorts of music in one big play list... I need to set up mood lists so I can listen to music for my mood. I keep having to fast forward 10 songs before I find one I am in the mood for, but those 10 songs are my favourites on other days. Such is life.

The Rover - Led Zeppelin.

I heard the new Kanye West song on the radio over the weekend. I'm embarassed to admit I liked it.

Dont Fear the Reaper

I woke up with this song in my mind this morning, so I finally had to go listen to it. It's a creepy tune, Ive never really sat and studied the lyrics. I generally knew what they were, but that last verse... wow.

Wonder if it means I'm going to become like they are today or something. I'd better keep an eye out for people running red lights and stuff.

I did warn you to stay away from the Dead Cat music. Maybe if you listen to Godzilla it will break the juju and draw the bad energy off to another continent.

Last edited:
Simon & Garfunkel - Live From New York City, 1967

'The Dangling Conversation' - what a hauntingly beautiful version

I am still spinning the Bioshock orchestral soundtrack and songs that I noted on GameSanityBlog last week ... nice stuff.

Back
Top Bottom