The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Don't be embarassed too much, he is easy to overlook.

He is also in *both* Halls Of Heroes, by the way. (Low-level version & Epic Version available)

Edit : Woah ! The Update is already there ! : https://www.ddo.com/en/update-45-release-notes

The Anniversary Event Returns
DDO's anniversary event is back with new rewards and more! Available now through March 8th.

Update is out and is long. Try and get it today if you can.

This is what I roughed up for a Alchemist Thrower build. Pretty much will be using throwing daggers exclusively, though I suppose it could be modified for a TWF or SWF Vistani Dagger build as well.

DEX 16-17 (depending on tomes; I have to log in to see what I have first)
INT 18 + all level ups
CON 16
Dump the rest.

41 points will be in Vistani, pushing through to the capstone. Going T5 in Vile Chemist, for the crit range enhancements as well as a few other goodies, though I can change that as needed.

1 Point Blank Shot
3 Precise Shot
4 (A) Battalion Brew (INT to to-hit and damage)
6 Rapid Shot
8 (A) Simple Throwing Weapon Expertise (DEX to Doubleshot essentially*)
9 Dodge(?)
12 IC: Pierce
12 (A) Liquid Luck (Drunken version of Evasion)
15 Mobility (?)
16 (A) Liquid Courage (INT to Will Saves; I figure Deathward/Block will cover most Fort saves, as this is exclusive to the Tough Tincture INT to Fort Save feat)
18 Improved Precise Shot (Needs DEX 19, which is why DEX is so high)
20 (A) Shot on the Run (?)

- All feats marked (?) are optional; I may do something else.
- Going Human I would add Quick Draw, which is a small speed boost to throwing weapons that stacks with Rapid Shot
- *The Vile Chemist 4th core allows me to use INT instead of DEX for doubleshot here. So this build will still only need INT and CON once the prereqs for IPS are met.

I haven't picked a race. Human would be handy, since it's got an extra feat. Drow would actually be closer to ideal, with the bonus DEX and INT helping meat IPS requirements. Gnome likewise would have better INT without losing 4 build points and 2 CON.

Feat order might possibly change, depending on how early I can take core feats like IC Ranged and IPS. I can't remember how early

An alternate build would be going up Inquisitive instead of Vistani, and using crossbows. I would probably take two levels of Artificer then, which would provide us with a second trapper as well as boost my damage output a bit. The only feat differences would be the loss of the level 20 Alchemist feat entirely, requiring a reshuffle of the feats, and Rapid Shot being replaced by Rapid Reload.

I'll work on a caster build next.

There is apparently a bug with disjuncting returning throwing weapons. They retain their prior minimum level. I now have a ML4 and a ML6 returning throwing dagger with nothing on them.

At any rate, how are we doing the levels to start with? I have enough XP to take 2, and it won't affect Borderlands since it's all level 1 and 2 quests, but I don't want to take level if it's a problem.

There is apparently a bug with disjuncting returning throwing weapons. They retain their prior minimum level. I now have a ML4 and a ML6 returning throwing dagger with nothing on them.

At any rate, how are we doing the levels to start with? I have enough XP to take 2, and it won't affect Borderlands since it's all level 1 and 2 quests, but I don't want to take level if it's a problem.
My intent was to run thru the trainer cave and go directly to Keep. Park and wait. That means we'd be starting with maybe a rank but certainly not a level. I'm open for other opinions as it doesn't really make a massive difference beyond potentially having folks do some work in Korthos before jumping and parking.

Since I'm usually behind the rest of you with XP not being a VIP, I might do a little of Korthos just to get some extra XP quickly; I can solo all of Korthos in about 20 mins on a good day!! :)

I was thinking to run through Korthos just to get a feel for Alchy, which would, coupled with the xp stones I ate, likely get me pretty close to 3. Leveling-wise, most Borderlands quests are L1-2, so being L3 won't effect XP gain. It might make things a little easier though to have a level under our belts.

I have no idea whether this is interesting for you :

DDO Bonus Days
DDO Bonus Days bring you a +30% Challenge Rewards Boost, now through February 23rd!

I read in the forums that this also applies to the Anniversary Party quest, because it is basically modelled as some kind of challenge.

DDO Store Sales: February 20th - 27th
Our Anniversary Sale is underway!
Now through March 1st:

Tenser's Weapon Boxes - available for a limited time!
+20 Hearts of Wood - with a +5 Heart of Wood free per purchase
35% off +8 Tomes of Ability - +8 Tomes will be available permanently at their full price after this sale

Store More Loot!
Get 25% off select:
Character Bank space
Shared Bank space, Deposit Box, Plat Storage
Inventory Space
Bags
Now through February 27th!

Weekly Coupon
Light Spell Point Potion x10
Coupon Code LIGHTSP10
Now through February 27th!

Just to put in writing what we decided-
Next week - current toons, epic Keep for feathers and loot
Following week - the new wave begins

Positioning for the new toons:
Run Korthos town quests on yer own plus any outdoor stuff you need to get you to level two
Take level 2 (Corwin might want to make some inroads toward level 3 if he's got time, the rest of us can aim for first rank of 2)
Go to the keep and park.

We'll probably spend some quality time at the Keep. All the quests (obviously) plus multiple swings at slayers and rares.

Anyone have special requests for content? We'll run New Catacombs for sure. Any others? I'll suffer thru Hobgoblin Hell so we can knock out STK. Sharn (can we still call it Sharn now that there's Sharn?) for XP and favor. I'd like to give 3BC a miss this time around so we'll have to see what to drop in that hole.

I hope that I can visit the Keep with you at level 1-4. ;)

Until then, I'll be farming Anniversary Party Favour thingies. ;)
(The Anniversary Party is on until February 28th, and this week they'll also announce the new Anniversary Gift.
Some of the items one can get for Party Favour are imho not bad, while others are a bit more on the funny side. I particularly like the "Banhammer". There's also a Kobold Sentience Gem, but that costs 250 Favour thingies, and that's a lot because one run gives only between 9-12 Party Favour, depending on the levels.)

Alrik, if you've got a 20+, just hop on and send a /tell to anyone whose on asking for help getting twenty tokens for a TR heart. If not, roll up a L2 of your choice, and come on to the Borderlands in two weeks. Gametime is Friday @ 6pm CST; adjust for your timezone.

I'm fine with leaving 3BC as a make-up area. We haven't ran Phiarlan Carnival in awhile, which is where 3BC starts out level-wise. Sorrowdusk is another we haven't done much lately either, IIRC. At any rate, we all like it, so it's an option.

Delera's has updated loot as well, so that can be a high XP option. If Alrik joins us with a new character, he'll need a Voice of the Master anyway.

A little later on, we have Restless Isles, which we actually have never done as a group (and Corwin hates it, which is a plus. Though I hate it, as does JM, which is a minus). For those of us who spent points on it, actually running the damn thing would at least justify the cost for a change. We should also consider a Tempest Spine run, and maybe even VoN plus the raid. Then Lordsmarch 1 and 2, which we haven't ran in a couple of lives either.

Well, I'm sorry, my highest character has level 16, and then only one with level 14 ... I've got only the levels 4-10 covered apart from these two. Oh, and my older Cleric with level 14, I haven't been playing that one for years now.

I'm happy with rolling another Level 1 character, though.

I have never done Restless Islands as well.
I very vaguely remember Tempest Spine and VON doing with you oh so many years ago.
I did Lordsmarch 1 a few times, but 2 only recently with my level 14 Asimar Scourge, just to see how it plays. Doing the very last battle solo is a chore, though (because of that riddle).

For the 14th Anniversary they did something special : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/512818-Happy-14th-Anniversary-Dungeons-amp-Dragons-Online!

Code can be redeemed ONCE per Account (1/Account), so make sure you redeem the code on the server you wish to have the Sentient Jewel on. The Jewel is Bound to Account. This Coupon Code can be redeemed through December 31st, 2020.

Notes:

Remember this code can be redeemed once per account, not once per account per server. Make sure to redeem the coupon code on the server of your choice!
This code can be redeemed on the Hardcore server if you want. Obviously be careful if the character dies to transfer it to the right place afterwards.

This Jewel has a temporary bug where it can be accidentally sold at a vendor. Don't do that. At the very least lock the item. The item will not be replaced by customer service. This bug will be fixed in the next game update.

This item, as with all Sentient Gems, is minimum level 20. It can be acquired by a character of any level.

The voice work is done by the one and only Cindy Robinson, who has done frequently-popular work with us for years now, including Menace of the Underdark, most of our Kobolds, and more. Hope you like it!

Last edited:
The update, fix is a little long so grab asap.

The current Sales :

Our Anniversary Sale continues!
Tenser's Weapon Box
+20 Hearts of Wood
35% off +8 Tomes of Ability
Now through March 1st!

Get a Boost!
Get 20% off:
Sovereign XP Elixirs
Treasure Hunter Elixirs
Greater Slayer Boosts
Long Lasting Supreme Ability Potions
Now through March 5th!

Weekly Coupon
Wand of Charm Person
Coupon Code: CHARMED
Now through March 5th!

I might end up missing tonight. Was planning on sending Thing 2 to meet Thing 3 and bring her the rest of the way home but we've got a pretty good snow storm going right now. Not sure I trust Thing 2 not to put my car in a ditch if roads continue to deteriorate. Will keep an eye on the sky and make the decision at the last minute.

Regardless of whether I'm there or not, the plan should be the same. Current toons, epic Keep for feathers and Keep quests for loot and mats. Next week we launch the new group of toons. I've already got a horse on Shadohe so it won't be the end of the world if I miss tonight's farming.

So maybe things will look better and I'll be on time. Maybe Thing 3 will make good time and not stop for dinner and I'll be an hour late or so. Maybe things will get shitty and I'll be too late to bother. We'll see. Sorry for the late notice.

Back
Top Bottom