Lords of Xulima - Indiegogo Campaign is Live

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Lords of Xulima announces that their crowdfunding campaign is now live on Indiegogo. The goal is $10,000 to help enhance, and finish the game.

The crowdfunding campaign for Lords of Xulima is now live!

Please visit our IndieGoGo campaign website to find more information about this project: our video, our goals, the rewards, and more:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lords-of-xulima

Would you like to help make this campaign a success?

If you would like help us in our effort to make Lords of Xulima an even better game, please share the campaign link with your friends, on your favorite forums and on social networks. We would also love to get your feedback, please post your comments on the campaign forum or on Steam Greenlight.

Every action counts!

Email us at info@numantiangames.com telling us about what you have done to help and in addition to thanking you personally, we will reward you with a special surprise.
More information.

I'm very curious about those stretch goals.

Oh, I just saw that they're further down the page. I'm not sure localization options will carry them from 100k to 180k though.

Last edited:
That video might as well be appealing to me directly, it's everything I want in a game. "An RPG inspired by old school classics but with modern features, visuals and interface" now that's the ticket.
I guess I will have to throw $15 their way based on that.

I'm thinking they would have already met their goal on kickstarter...why indiegogo?

Well, everything except the combat looks good.. combat looks kind of RPGMaker boring, but it might just be the way it looks, could still be cool I guess!

I love the look of the combat. This and the rest of the game strongly reminds me of Albion (or Amberstar/Ambermoon). Pledged!

I am still sad that they went for indiegogo instead of kickstarter and I think they wasted a lot of potential with doing so. Gues they would make at least two or three times the money on kickstarter.
So after having pledged for 29 projects on Kickstarter I finally registered on Indiegogo for this one and went for 55$ (hope they are aware of high shipping costs).

Well, everything except the combat looks good.. combat looks kind of RPGMaker boring, but it might just be the way it looks, could still be cool I guess!

Hrm, I think the combat can be pretty interesting I just guess that you are prejudiced by games which implemented it badly. I feel the same when I see combat like that, but for me personally the bad vibe only comes from fighting from left to right (like in RPG Maker) which I compare to jRPGs which I don't like in general. Combat in Xulima I'd compare to Wizardry and old school PC games, which...is exactly the same in the basics instead of the presentation.

I am still sad that they went for indiegogo instead of kickstarter and I think they wasted a lot of potential with doing so. Gues they would make at least two or three times the money on kickstarter.
So after having pledged for 29 projects on Kickstarter I finally registered on Indiegogo for this one and went for 55$ (hope they are aware of high shipping costs).

Not everybody can do a Kickstarter easily. For example, when you're not in USA, UK or Canada, as only people in these countries are allowed to start a campaign. (And even when you're in UK, people (mostly Americans) will hate you because you're campain is in £ instead of $ and the payment method differs.)
IndieGoGo is far more open, and in the end the difference is marginal, especially as Lords of Xulima decided go with a fixed (and not flexible) funding.

It would be cool if some people would embrace diversity, especially when the alternative is to support an America-centric solution only.

Technically, yes. And of course it's harder to do a kickstarter. But many other companies from europe did it before.
The question is the scope. If they aim for "just 10 or 20k" Indiegogo might be the better spot. But I am pretty sure, that for everything higher KS is the much better place.
Kickstarter is already used as synonym for crowdfunding. Tons of people pledging on KS are users "hunting" games there, like checking once a day on kicktraq what new games there are. There are enough statistics from previous project showing that the KS crowd alone wields a huge potential.
I mean...you seem to come from Germany and probably know buffed.de: There isn't even a Indiegogo news category and if you look for indiegogo news, guess what you find: News about Kickstarter.
Lots of people are already used to KS due to the high profile projects like Double Fine, Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, Torment. For them there is almost no barrier in pledging again. Lots of these people will scratch their forehead if you mention indiegogo - because they never heared of it and if there aren't any high profile projects on it, it can't be worth registering there. Pretty sure that lots of people think that way.

Not everybody can do a Kickstarter easily. For example, when you're not in USA, UK or Canada, as only people in these countries are allowed to start a campaign. (And even when you're in UK, people (mostly Americans) will hate you because you're campain is in £ instead of $ and the payment method differs.)
IndieGoGo is far more open, and in the end the difference is marginal, especially as Lords of Xulima decided go with a fixed (and not flexible) funding.

It would be cool if some people would embrace diversity, especially when the alternative is to support an America-centric solution only.
Those are all good points you made, and I don't mind using Indiegogo. Diversity is fine with me, but the reality is kickstarter is the preferred crowdfunding platform. It's not going to change, and fact is more projects have succeeded on kickstarter.

Those are all good points you made, and I don't mind using Indiegogo. Diversity is fine with me, but the reality is kickstarter is the preferred crowdfunding platform. It's not going to change, and fact is more projects have succeeded on kickstarter.

And it's a pain in the ass to browse Indiegogo projects as there is even more "garbage" than on KS.

You are right. 10k is the goal. But they also have stretch goals up to 250k.
I don't see a way do reach many of them in indiegogo.
My complaint is that they are wasting potential.
I am a gamer, I want to get the best game out of that project. ;)

You need a credit card to use Kickstarter. Only 20% of all bank customers in Germany actually have credit cards (Most have bank cards, you can't pay online with them).

Bank transfers are handled this way:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_debit#Germany

This is the cause for Kickstarter not being so popular here in Germany.

You need a credit card to use Kickstarter. Only 20% of all bank customers in Germany actually have credit cards (Most have bank cards, you can't pay online with them).

Bank transfers are handled this way:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_debit#Germany

This is the cause for Kickstarter not being so popular here in Germany.

While that is true I am pretty sure that you will still find more people who pledged on a KS project than who pledged on a indiegogo campaign in Germany. And besides of that, German isn't included as language without stretch goals. Most of the Rest of Europe however is using Credit Cards as well.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that by supporting indiegogo your are getting away from the america-centric solutions, since many european games have been realeased on Kickstarter...legends of dawn(croatia) for instance. No one is being non diverse, just being sensible.

Back
Top Bottom