General News - Always On DRM

Another wrench in this whole debate is this:

If the new xbox will require 'always on' will Microsoft still charge an annual fee to connect your xbox to their servers? I haven't read anything that they will or they won't, but my gut tells me they absolutely will! That's an on-going fee on top of your xbox purchase and ISP fees. That would be yet one more reason for me NOT to buy a new xbox.

That will be an incentive fo buyers though to find other utilities to their internet connection and possibly their Microsoft connection account.

As the Microsoft person told, everything always online will be great.

http://www.amazon.de/The-Elder-Scro...ie=UTF8&qid=1366302492&sr=8-1&keywords=skyrim

"needs Steam account"

it also clearly says it needs [graphic card of certain type] to run. If you choose not to support the companies in question (i.e. because they're evil corporations that force you to constantly buy uprades of their overpriced hardware) and try to get by with an Intel integrated graphics chip instead, you are free to make that choice.

What does it have to do with finding value where there is not?

That will be an incentive for buyers though to find other utilities to their internet connection and possibly their Microsoft connection account.

"McCroskey: Johnny, what can you make of this?
Johnny: This? Well, I can make a hat; I can make a broach; I can make a pterodactyl!"

Back
Top Bottom