Quantcast
RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Skyrim - PC Interface Frustration @ GamaSutra
View Single Post

November 14th, 2011, 04:36
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
I meant from a purely technical view, Skyrim blows Gothic away. I don't mean graphically, that's to be expected, but this time they really seem to have pulled off the NPC schedules and banter. There is no nonsense talk between towns folk any more and they have actual conversations about the current state of the world. I'm not sure if that's all scripted, but even if it's party Radiant AI, that's pretty impressive.

The world is huge and less focussed than Gothic, and the setting is different. These things are mostly subjective. I think I like Gothic's setting better, too.
Well seeing as how Gothic was released more than 10 years ago, I would sincerely hope that Skyrim is superior from a technical view.

One thing I'm a tad disappointed with though is the soundtrack. Granted there's a lot I haven't heard yet, but it's a little too "Morrowindish" to me. Don't get me wrong, I loved that style in Morrowind, but I thought Skyrim would be a little more…unique?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)