Skyrim - v1.5 - Ranged Killcam Confirmed?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It beats me why players would have this on the top of their feature request list - but there you go...apparently Just Push Start noticed the Bethblog was updated with a post about ranged and magic killcams in the next Skyrim update but the article was quickly pulled:
Bethesda has revealed (accidentally, it seems) a new feature coming to Skyrim via update 1.5. Their blog was updated with a post revealing a new kill-cam mechanic. However, that post has now been removed.
Skyrim’s cinematic kill-cam feature was said to now be included in ranged and magic attacks. Does this ring a bell? This is one of the features that appeared in the “Skyrim Game Jam” video that Todd Howard showed off not too long ago. The video contained various mechanics and features that the devs played around with, but none of them ever made it into the final product.
No doubt we'll hear more soon.
More information.

I wonder who wanted this? It makes no changes at all to the game and will get old extremely quickly.

I hope 1.5 will have some concrete fixes. Especially for quests.

Blood ! Blood ! I want Blooooooodddddd !!! Bwahahahahar !

Just think: as you wrangle the controls and curse at your inability to efficiently dual wield, stare at a list of items to figure out what you have equipped or what's weighing you down so much, and juggle a monstrosity of stars to view available perks, you can at least be privy to yet another draugr, novice conjuror, or cave bear getting shot with an arrow.

Hey guys, do not despare! With this patch there'll be also…

…AWESOME HORSE ARMORS!!!!…

…Oh, my… What a pity how Bethesda has become...

Of all their stuff they wanted to add, it was probably the easiest to finish. I don't particularly care, but I can't see how this is some horrible let down.. it's just there.

And later on we'll have the patch to correct the bugs introduced by this killcam feature... Lucky us.

who needs that kind of bullshit??

Who needs a Ferrari? Right. No one. But it's still nice to have ... or as we say in German "sinnlos, aber geil" :biggrin: .
It was probably a really trivial thing for them to implement this feature. Well, it must have been. If it is a Game Jam feature then it must have taken one guy very little effort to do it and it was basically a finished feature when they decided to include it in 1.5 since it was already made during the Game Jam days. Maybe add a bit of QA and the feature was -or is now- ready to ship.
Certainly not worth getting your panties in a bunch over this story.

… or as we say in German "sinnlos, aber geil" .

Neat. Going to remember that. By which I mean to say, going to remember that once I knew something cool in German, but can't for the life of me recall it. :biggrin:

Hmmm... I expect this will just be done something like the killcam in Fallout 3. Not too handy for me but whatever. What WOULD be handy is if I could hit a hotkey at any point then have the game jump back in time about 15 seconds and play back at 1/10th speed. Enough time for me to do a tfc 1 in the console, zoom to a nice spot, and get an awesome screenshot of something that went by too fast the first time.

THIS is ridiculous. Bethesda, please focus on fixing bugs first (especially quest bugs). Thanks.

It's not like everyone at Bethesda is efficient at working with fixing bugs, some are working with extra content, some with bugs etc, thus we sometimes will see "useless" stuff getting into the game before bug fixes.

I love the kill cams in FO because it's so brutal, for this game it's really "meh".

Sounds neat enough. Certainly can't complain about them adding stuff - and the game was always quite stable for me. After the performance enhancements of 1.4 - I'm happy to see them adding extra content/stuff for free.

That said, Skyrim is the ONLY Gamebryo (Creation, whatever) game from Bethesda that's been stable for me. Wonder what they did to it? I practically never crash - no matter the amount of mods.

That said, Skyrim is the ONLY Gamebryo (Creation, whatever) game from Bethesda that's been stable for me. Wonder what they did to it? I practically never crash - no matter the amount of mods.

Hum, I haven't played in ages. I wonder if my game is stable by now, as I used to crash once every couple of hours.

Thing is, on internet forums, no matter what a developer do there will be always someone complaining.

If they add bug fixes someone will complain there's a CERTAIN bug it affects him/her greatly so the developer is crap.

If they add new free content someone will complain they should first fix all bugs and the developer is crap

If they add new features someone will complain that content is meaningless because HE doesnt give a damn about that new feature, therefore the developer is also crap

If they add an enhanced edition later on with a bunch of new stuff someone will say they feel cheated because they spent money on a "non-ehanced version" of the game, so the developer is crap because they are money-grabers.

If they add realy good game-code optimisations 1 month after the game releases, someone will complain because they should launch the game with them, so the developer is crap.

If they add a paying DLC and its bad in content people will complain its realy bad and not worth it and they feel cheated, even though its optional and no one realy needs to buy it, so the developer is crap

If they add a paying DLC that is realy cool and worth buying people will complain it should be a free DLC because clearly they have the right to all the content for free, so the developer is crap.

If they add a Free DLC someone will also complain because they will state that the content is not to its pleasing or even if it is, they will complain they should focus on bug-fixing or new more meaningfull content like expansions packs (for free ofc!) so the developer is realy realy crap.

oh well.

Back
Top Bottom