NWN2 Black screen

Neverwinter Nights 2
P

purpleblob

I just installed nwn2, patched it to latest version... clicked on "play" and all I get is a black screen. wtf? does anyone know whats happening?

Something didn't install right. Make sure your virus protections are all off, then try a reinstall if it will do it. If not, delete and reinstall and grab the patch without virus stuff on as well. Did you ever get the cd keys for the other one btw?

Something didn't install right. Make sure your virus protections are all off, then try a reinstall if it will do it. If not, delete and reinstall and grab the patch without virus stuff on as well. Did you ever get the cd keys for the other one btw?

nope, atari didnt reply back. so I'n just using someone else's. as for this prob, i think i have to reinstall everything. dont have any other choice huh? :\ this is annoying.

Hmm, I seem to recall a fix for this. Try right clicking your .exe file (the one running the game directly, not the one opening the menu), and check the run in 256 colours box. Maybe this was a fix for nwn1 black screen, hmm. Worth a try at least. :)

Nope, didn't work. Thanx for the suggestion though. I've just reinstalled nwn2 and didn't patch. Now it's working. I suppose latest patch isnt always the best one eh?

I'd look it up on the official forums. Whenever there's a common technical issue, it's usually mentioned in some sticky with fixes (or at least a way to get around the problem).

I'd look it up on the official forums. Whenever there's a common technical issue, it's usually mentioned in some sticky with fixes (or at least a way to get around the problem).

I did that and there weren't any solid fix for it. Apparently fair number of ppl experienced this problem but never got good enough reponse for it.

NWN is picky, maybe you need to patch up in steps. I will be reinstalling my copy one day soon and will see if I have the same problem.

Hope it wont happen to you... it's annoying. REALLY. I'm having series of bad luck with NWN games.

Check all your driver updates and do a bios update as well if one is out.

Back
Top Bottom