Anyone else using 4GB of RAM in WinXP 32bit?

Went with 6gb and vista64 last xmas and I couldnt be happier. Windows7 sounds good but I have no need for it really. Perhaps Ill grap one when they release service pack or two. Anyways vista is just fine for me, especially when I have it in dualboot with xp32 (som games dont work with 64bit vista).

I went for the 8GB on Vista Ultimate 64 bit edition. When I bought my pc (only 4GB RAM) in March 2008, the drivers weren't good and the support for 64-bit programs was pretty lame. In the Meantime the support has improved a lot and I can use most of my programs again without lifting my finger to much.

People keep saying that they've had all these problems with Vista x64... but, funnily enough, I have encountered almost none. There have been two copy-protection programs that broke, one of which I was able to patch; for the other one, I had to use a crack. There was a problem with the Adobe CS2 installer, but that was easy to resolve. And that's about it.

My main concern is product support. If Windows 7 does as well as some people think it's going to, you have to wonder how much effort Micro$oft is going to put into Vista after that.

I'm on Vista x64, with 12 gigs of RAM. I've had far, far less problems than I have had with any version of windows before. I would wait for Windows 7, though, since it's coming out relatively soon.

Woah, 12 gigs? Nothing exceeds like excess, they say...

I had some gift certificates from newegg and nothing else caught my eye.

Back
Top Bottom