Age of Wonders 3 - Tactical Combat Bonanza

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Triumph Studios has a development update for Age of Wonders 3 that goes into detail on the games tactical combat.

This week we’re going to have an in-depth look into the Age of Wonders III tactical combat mechanics. Tactical combat is one of the most important parts of the game, and we’ve worked very hard to refine the rules to make it more exciting and tactical. Our main goal was to make combat faster, and more lethal, while maintaining and improving the depth and tactical options that people expect from the series.
More information.

"To demonstrate, lets watch what happens when this filthy human cavalry viciously attacks our poor, innocent goblin wolf rider"

Those damn humans! So greedy and violent! They'll destroy the whole world if someone doesn't put a stop to them! :)

The game is looking great! Can't wait to play, but I can wait to pay for all the missing factions from Shadow Magic a DLC. :S

looks awesome, but I'm thinking of playing AoW 1 and 2 before playing 3, and that usually doesn't end well :)

What do you mean ? All those three games are awesome so you can't go wrong replaying it. The first in the series remains my favorite though. I'm very eager to put my hands on this sequel.

It means I buy the last game but don't play it until I play the previous games, but then something else comes and something else comes and something else comes and I never get to play the game.

It means I buy the last game but don't play it until I play the previous games, but then something else comes and something else comes and something else comes and I never get to play the game.

Exactly that.

looks awesome, but I'm thinking of playing AoW 1 and 2 before playing 3, and that usually doesn't end well :)

Well get with it man :S

The AoW series has been on my hard drive since they came out, and I still play Shadow Magic regularly(some great mods out there). They have been out for enough years and at cheap enough prices that there is no excuse :)

Age of Wonders 3 is now available to preorder.

And this is so huge I have to put it in tags. So, calm down, take a deep breath, then click on the "show" button:

My reaction?
throwing-money.gif

No beer for a while. :(

Age of Wonders 3 is now available to preorder.

And this is so huge I have to put it in tags. So, calm down, take a deep breath, then click on the "show" button:

My reaction?
throwing-money.gif

No beer for a while. :(

It's less expensive than Thief.

Also, "That was one of the new release they were talking about last week". So two more to go...

Not to me... I got thief with 35% off unique voucher discount on GMG.

And two more to go are Divinity:Original Sin and The Witcher 3. You didn't know?

Not to me… I got thief with 35% off unique voucher discount on GMG.

And two more to go are Divinity:Original Sin and The Witcher 3. You didn't know?

I guessed more than knew, I didn't read the whole news bits.

edit: There is a Deluxe version of AoW3 too…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom