Shadowrun Returns - DRM Free Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Harebrained Schemes announces in this new post-funding update they can now release DRM-free versions of Shadowrun Returns, and all future expansions.

DRM's End

Hey Everyone!

We just want to send out a quick update to share some good news. Thanks to a new agreement we were able to negotiate with our partners at Microsoft, Harebrained Schemes is pleased to announce that we are now able to release fully DRM-free versions of Shadowrun Returns and future expansions such as Berlin.

The DRM-free versions of SRR and Berlin will continue to be fully supported. You'll be able to download all game patches, use the Shadowrun Returns editor and experience user-generated content downloaded from third-party sites such as Nexus.

We’re starting work to get Shadowrun Returns available on GOG.com right now - not sure how long that will take but we’ll let you know as soon as we have an answer.

We’re very excited we’re finally able to offer Shadowrun DRM-free to everyone and look forward to making it available!
More information.

Glad to hear it. Would have probably bought it earlier had they shipped without DRM in the first place (I don't do kickstarter. Promises made during video game development are not reliable at all).

Would be nice to have a boxed copy with all expansions and no drm too.

Last edited:
There was a time when this would have been a big selling point for me but I just don't care anymore.

None of the current DRM methods really bother me at all, now that GFWL is gone.

Steam, Origin even Uplay all work just fine for me and even offer convenience.

It's good for them to release it DRM free though as being more geared toward an old school crowd I'm sure there are many anti-DRM gamers that will now buy it.

I'm still pretty low on UPlay (though I have used it), and I prefer Steam over Origin for a variety of small reasons (that add up). But, yeah, I care less and less about DRM. I much prefer the current way of doing things over how things were 7+ years ago.

And I'm pretty low on Origin, wouldn't shed a tear if it died.

I'm still pretty low on UPlay (though I have used it), and I prefer Steam over Origin for a variety of small reasons (that add up). But, yeah, I care less and less about DRM. I much prefer the current way of doing things over how things were 7+ years ago.

I agree, I'm at the point where I buy digital copies of games I already own just for convenience.

No way! I'm thrilled to hear about a DRM free version! I don't do games that require that BS. Bad enough with big brother all over the 'net. I'm not about to willingly bring him into my home. I hate that I missed the Kickstarter and I'm really looking forward to this hitting GoG!

Back
Top Bottom