Divinity 2 Got this today.

But if you can increase the dmg of the spells just by raising the skill or destruction, won't spells like magic missle do too little damage in the long run, especially at the end of the game?

I don't know if I understand you correctly Blood but each skill have different levels as well. So you raise damage done by MM by leveling them up AND by leveling your Destruction skill. Destruction raises damage of all of your offensive and defensive skills.
Still, after saying all that, magic missiles are best for the early stages of the game only. Later you will be better off with Magic Blast. And don't forget Fire Wall. It's a great skill throughout.

You might find this walkthrough useful. It talks about skills in detail and I have found it accurate.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/952260-divinity-ii-ego-draconis/faqs/58701

And one more tip: collect all the malachite gems (they are different from malachite ore and malachite). There is only a limited amount of them in-game and are required in all high level enchants. Walkthrough I have linked deals with this subject as well.

Last edited:
They're my main spells as well, Bloodlover. I basically only use Magic Missile, Fireball and Firewall for melee range. It's proven very effective, albeit very repetitive. I have also read about the strength of magic blast, which my creature has.

I´m quite sure that equipment which adds to magic damage increases damage output of both weapons and spells.
That´s the reason why magic missile should be effective throughout the whole game - for example if you wield a weapon enchanted with +50 magic damage, this +50 gets added to each missile.
Intelligence raises magic damage as well.

You are wrong DeepO. Weapon magic damage increases damage of weapon's only. Both weapon damage and magic damage are listed and, if you unequip a weapon with magic damage, first figure will change but second one stays the same.

I think I have a bug o_O My MM skill is 5/5 and only 1 point in Destruction and it shows me that I make 43dmg/missile. However when I cast the spell I make 83dmg/missile so that's 249dmg/second.

edit: Actually DeepO is right. I just made a test with and without a bow that gives me +20 magic dmg.

edit nr 2: Ok so I am experiencing a strange bug. I have 5/5 + 2 MM and 4/5 destruction. In my MM description it says I make 43 dmg / missile but in reality I mage around 141. The graphical bug was confusing me >.>

Anyway, MM rules. I can spam the spell like crazy and make good dmg. Firewall is epic too, though monsters rarely get near me.

Last edited:
My apologies to DeepO than :)

Think real life - Diamonds are forever. ;) (and worth 180 each)

I only just found three malachite gems (as opposed to the more common malachite ore) and they're worth 2000 each. Two of which were needed for a particular quest...

JDR is right aswell - you'll regularly have bulging pockets. It's hard to go broke in this game, unless you maybe go bezerk on upping the cap on many skills.

Good to know. I just reached Orobas Fjords and talked to the giant tree who's name is similar to Ygdrasill. There are some towers and nests near but whenever I approach them I die. I need to look into it.

Brush up on your strafing skills :)

Good to know. I just reached Orobas Fjords and talked to the giant tree who's name is similar to Ygdrasill. There are some towers and nests near but whenever I approach them I die. I need to look into it.

Probably you have discovered an Anti-Dragon zone...

I'll add that yes, loot is plentiful, but I came scary close to running out of gold deep into the game and not having enough money for healing potions, or the money to outfit my pawns to get the necessary ingredients for them. This happened in the Orobas Fjords. So gold is not overabundant in my experience. Even at that I still almost always chose XP as my reward...

Back
Top Bottom