The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

FYI, hope this won't mess things up, but my ranger hit the wall a couple of days ago, & I went ahead & leveled her yesterday, so she's now a 14. I've got a level 7 arty, but I don't think I can get her high enough to play with 13's by tomorrow night, at least not without someone else to play with. TBD.
Actually, you'd be better off picking one of your 14s (either the ranger or the cleric, whichever isn't keeping pace with JM) and pushing it to 17 to tie into the old Friday group. As a first lifer, you could get to 17 very quickly doing Gianthold and R/E/S in the Orchard. You'd want some help in GH (they're actually not bad to solo once you know them, but I believe this would be your first time thru those), but the Orchard could be solo'd if you couldn't find someone to run with.

With JM still apparently out, we need a backup to our backup.

Since some of us are behind, we can split into two groups, one catching up our 8's, the other pushing the 14 etc group (while Peter still has someone near it to push with). Alternately, if it's just JM and me behind on the 8's, we cal all hit the 14's and rush into an early GH. IIRC most at that range are 2nd lifers if not first life, so holding xp for later won't be as much an issue.

With JM still apparently out, we need a backup to our backup.

Since some of us are behind, we can split into two groups, one catching up our 8's, the other pushing the 14 etc group (while Peter still has someone near it to push with). Alternately, if it's just JM and me behind on the 8's, we cal all hit the 14's and rush into an early GH. IIRC most at that range are 2nd lifers if not first life, so holding xp for later won't be as much an issue.
We didn't run the 8s the various weeks Corwin, Little Leaf, JM, and Aletys were out, so they should be on pace. We did run without CM, although I think she has already caught up what she missed because I seem to remember her being right with Klubbir XP-wise (I checked last night and Klubbir is 17k from lvl9). So content-wise, remarkably, everybody should be in the same spot. XP-wise, IIRC Corwin, JM, and Az are behind on ranks, being 3rd lifers in a group with 2nd and 1st lifers. Peter's a 3rd lifer as well, but he's got his boosts helping him keep pace. Don't know Punpun's situation but I hear she's got one or two toons to choose from, so if she's run extra or not run and gotten out of sync she should still have a way to play.

If a group did want to run catch-up, there's the two crappy House P quests, Searing Heights and Sorrowdusk available as areas the group won't run together.

I thought Peter's 5th toon (not the 4 at 20+ and not the 8) was at level 11. That could produce some complications.

That's about all the organization I can offer. Good luck. Originally, I was going to be available to run much of the weekend, but I think I've got the chance to do something special which will chew up all my time.

Last edited:
Flerida and I did Lordsmarch yesterday and got Bryhana (ranger) and Pitrelon (artificer) to level 15. Bryhana is actually 1 XP from level 16.

We are ready to do Lordsmarch 2 and the Gianthold walk-up quests plus explorers and slayers. I checked the levels of different toons and saw that most of us seem to have toons in the 14-16 range.

My monk is level 22 and just need 2 more Shroud runs before he will TR. I have a cleric at level 22 and a cleric + fighter at level 25.

Yesterday we were able to do the following quests.

- Played the Tangleroot chain up so only the final 2 quests (level 7) remain.
- Played the first 2 quests in the Sorrowdusk and did all the explorers there.
- Finished off the Carnival chain with Partycrashers, the Snitch and Under the Big Top

We are still holding level 9 since there are a few level 6 quests we can do next Friday. We didn't touch Devil assault and Chronoscope.

@ Dte, I had to bail and only got the tangleroot stuff done. If you can play this weekend we can catch up on that stuff. I should be on this afternoon and pm.

@ Jm Glad to see you back, have to catch up soon.

I found in the DDO forums something about an bug that lets ... not load the game in the 1st try - but on the 2nd and any further ones instead.
Meaning : The first login attempt would *always* result in a red sign.

I kind of tried it out (after adding Turbine invoker to my firewall exceptions list), and - yay ! It worked ! - at least once, didn't try furtheron, since i wanted top do a little bit more research on that.

And now I've found a post about a program called "DDO Preloader". Hm, I think that I'll try this thing out ...

It's because in that thread the majority of people writes that this little program - as they say - most definitively helps to speed up the game ... I hope that it works with windows xp as well ?

Had some fun yesterday, after I had figured out to get it working again.

What I had completely forgotten was that my Launcher login name & passworm is NOT the same as the account login name & passworm … And I had forgotten both … So, what followed, was a session of "passworm forgotten ?" mails etc. …

My only *real* drawback was, that the once shiny blue collar for my mini bronze golem "pet" was now dull grey … Did they change the colours or is this due to my graphics driver ?

The second Sharn Syndicate quest (the "Shiny Shilling") seemed to me to be a bit re-designed, too ...

I was playing around with the enhancements on Lamannia and used my LR 20 hearts. Then I saw that you can't use the LR heart if you're holding levels. That means our level 8 toons who are holding levels can't use the LR 20 heart until we have taken level 9.

We have a few level 6 quests to do so maybe we need to just take enhancements and use the LR 20 later after next Friday. Do you have any suggestions to what to do?

Yeah, tell Turbine to hold off with the update for at least another week!! :)

That really messes me up, as I have multiple characters holding levels right now.

I didn't think to check that out when I was testing, so in essence, we're screwed. Flerida in particular has a couple of characters at the wall.

Mirys is caught up to level 9, so if push comes to shove, we can take it. With Peter, Dte, and JM basically at the wall though, we may have to regardless. To be honest, most of the 6's left are ones we tend to not do anyway, and we can still get full xp out of them on elite at level 9, just not bravery bonus.

The problem with not taking it is primarily with the casters; we need to redo our skills to take Spellcraft, Heal, and Repair, depending on class. The non-blue bars can squeeze by without an issue, especially since we're low enough level that the free feat swap might be all we'd need for them. But the skill tax screws casters in that regard.

I say we wait to LR on the Friday 8's til we take level 9. Not that big a deal for those toons for one week.

Edit: We may have to take levels based on what Az just mentioned. Ok maybe between now and Thursday we all post a vote here on agree or not, and if not what reasoning. New system is going to entail a few heads so we can make informed decision.

Mirys is caught up to level 9, so if push comes to shove, we can take it. With Peter, Dte, and JM basically at the wall though, we may have to regardless. To be honest, most of the 6's left are ones we tend to not do anyway, and we can still get full xp out of them on elite at level 9, just not bravery bonus.
I'm not at a wall. I'm actually a rank or three behind y'all now. No biggie, but it means I've got some catchup work to do during a time when I won't have much time for DDO.
The problem with not taking it is primarily with the casters; we need to redo our skills to take Spellcraft, Heal, and Repair, depending on class. The non-blue bars can squeeze by without an issue, especially since we're low enough level that the free feat swap might be all we'd need for them. But the skill tax screws casters in that regard.
I'm not all that thrilled about this whole mess. That said, I'm extremely hesitant to do anything character-wise before the planner gets updated. There's no point for me rushing into an LR before I know where I'm going.

First, https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1XEiRynfK4LT3VISkI1ZEtaaFk/edit?usp=sharing. This is the new enhancements in PDF form. Download and peruse at your leisure.

I'm not at a wall. I'm actually a rank or three behind y'all now. No biggie, but it means I've got some catchup work to do during a time when I won't have much time for DDO.
I'm not all that thrilled about this whole mess. That said, I'm extremely hesitant to do anything character-wise before the planner gets updated. There's no point for me rushing into an LR before I know where I'm going.

Jo hit the wall last night assisting me through 3BC. But I think other than her and Peter, we shouldn't be far ahead of you. IIRC, you were past 9 as well, I was the only one behind.

We're going to have to wing it; I doubt the planner will be ready, if it is ever updated again (IIRC one of the casualties of Turbine's abusive stance towards their customers was the guy doing the planner). I can help some, depending on class, but it's going to be a mess.

For any trying to play, several have been getting "server full" message. Server is up just have to keep trying.

I'm still in my last rank of 8 with about 3/4 still to go. With travel, etc, I'll be lucky to even play next Friday so perhaps we should consider running alts for a couple of weeks.

First, https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1XEiRynfK4LT3VISkI1ZEtaaFk/edit?usp=sharing. This is the new enhancements in PDF form. Download and peruse at your leisure.

Jo hit the wall last night assisting me through 3BC. But I think other than her and Peter, we shouldn't be far ahead of you. IIRC, you were past 9 as well, I was the only one behind.
Nope, last rank of 8. So that means some of you are actually an entire level ahead of me? Oh well, so it goes.

Will give the link a look.

Nope, last rank of 8. So that means some of you are actually an entire level ahead of me? Oh well, so it goes.

Will give the link a look.

So you're anywhere from 99% to 1% of a rank behind me. And I'm a third lifer, so you'll catch up before I hit first rank in 9. JM and Peter on the other hand... :p

So Corwin and You need to hop on and get a rank to catch up. Not a huge deal, 3BC exploders will probably do it. The problem with JM is she not only ran Carnival once originally, but twice more helping others get through it. Then helping me in 3BC, helping others catch up...

I will likely not be available until Wed. at the soonest. At that point, I will begin prepping for the string of LR's. Of my characters:

All casters must LR for Spellcraft/Heal skills.

Fireflash may be going to a multiclass build of some sort, details at 11. I may need a alignment change though.

One of my characters, likely either Suisaidh or Cairii, will LT completely into Cleric to test the waters, as well as provide the guild with a much-needed alternate divine at need. More than likely, however, no aura due to poor design of the trees; I will be going full-bore DD.

Mureall will likely just TR instead, after I craft a GS HP item. Pure monk again, not sure it matters which style anymore. Likely not Half-Elf.

Back
Top Bottom