Hellraid - New Trailer & Preview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Techland released a new trailer for Hellraid earlier this week that give us a glimpse of the game on the new updated engine they decided to use for development.

Hellraid is a dark fantasy action game from the company behind Dying Light, the Dead Island and the Call of Juarez series. It's a unique mix of melee, magic and ranged combat that can be played both in single-player and 2-4 player co-op.

Hellraid runs on the Chrome Engine 6, the same cutting-edge technology that brought to life Techland's Dying Light.The game will be released in Steam Early Access in Autumn 2014.
Also Hardcore Gamer has a new preview of the game.

The amount of weapons in the game seem to borderline Borderland’s arsenal count, as you can either obtain them through blacksmith shops or equip a weapon that an enemy used in attempt to slice you down to oblivion. Every weapon has its own fight style, from the slow but deadly cuts of a two handed sword to mythical wands. Compared to Skyrim, the combat looks much more fierce, fast and fashionably violent, showing promise to the overall gameplay.

TechLand also takes replayability into account when constructing Hellraid, as there will be plenty of different modes in the game. In addition to the Story mode, there will also be a mission mode in which players max out levels and attain some high number of points in order to compete against the world via leaderboard. Finally, it has a hoard mode, dubbed as Arena mode.

There’s no doubt that this Dark Souls-Elder Scrolls compound is an upgrade from both of the aforementioned titles. Hellraid looks to be a promising adventure, especially when you throw in the option to play through the game with your friends. Four player co-op doesn’t sound half bad. The game is still in development, which is unlucky for some of us who are really bad at waiting for top notch games like these to hit store shelves.
More information.

"There’s no doubt that this Dark Souls-Elder Scrolls compound is an upgrade from both of the aforementioned titles."

Is he saying its batter than skyrim and dark souls? I would have to see much more before making such a bold claim.

Also no 3rd person view? That would be a huge negative for me. I like 4 person co-op though.

'Wow that's a real bold claim. That's what reviewers said when Two Worlds came out. It was supposed to be taking the best from the Gothic and Elder Scroll series. And well, we all know how that went. People should be more critical sometimes. Just taking elements from good games does not make a good game. Just look at all the mediocre Diablo 2 clones.

This looks amazing! As a huge fan of Dead Island I eagerly look forward to this enhanced combat system. Dead Island for all its faults had such an immersive and impactful combat system, and Hellraid looks even better.

That being said, I don't bother with Early Access stuff...I'll wait for the finished product.

Back
Top Bottom