Torchlight II - Music Q&A

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Torchlight II site has an interview with Matt Uelmen and Max Schaefer about the music in the upcoming game:
Tell us how the scope for composing for Torchlight II differs from the original; it's a much bigger game; how did that affect your vision for the music?
Matt: It is much bigger than TL. The game has multiple towns, dozens of dungeons, and a ton of open explorable space, with some strong cultural references, especially in the middle third of the game. All of that makes different demands on what the score should do. On top of that, I am really hoping to have some randomization and calibration to day/night cycles in the music for the various NPC hubs, which also has its own set of demands. Generally, it is much more like the work I did in Diablo II and Burning Crusade, in that I am trying to emphasize a sense of progress and travel as the backgrounds change. There was some of this in Diablo, Lord of Destruction and Torchlight, but it wasn't a primary focus of the soundtracks.
More information.

Diablo 2 and Torchlight had some great music. I hope this doesn't turn out to be generic orchestral mush!

Back
Top Bottom