Grotesque Tactics 2 - Reviews @ eGamer and Gamers Daily News

aries100

SasqWatch
Two more reviws has surfaced for this game. The first one comes from eGamer which finds the game "lacking" - a quote:
Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons & Donuts lacks perceivable depth necessary to warrant a serious purchase. The game may be a serious departure from the norm, but the usage of parody does not cover up the cheesiness of the storyline and the general "un-funniness" of the whole affair.
The second and last one comes from Games Daily News, 8/10 - GDN also gives this game a GDN Silver Award. A quote from the review:
In all, I found Grotesque Tactics 2 to be a hilariously excellent game and a wonderful diversion to all the serious RPGs out there. I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants a good RPG that has more than a little tongue in cheek.
More information.

Grotesque Tactics 2 =

turn based combat + crpg-inside-jokes + hilarious story + cooking(!) + over the top humor => fun game

7.5 out of 10 for all crpg-fans who are playing each new crpg anyway.

So it sounds like the key difference between the two reviews is that one enjoyed the humor and the other didn't. Personally I'm much more interested in the gameplay, I had no problem with the humor in the original but I didn't enjoy the actual game at all.

Surprised that they wouldn't have made any attempt to refine the gameplay/interface given how much criticism the original got for it. Sequels usually try to make some improvements/changes.

The gameplay is the same.

sure there are a lot improvements:

- better handling
- different graphic style
- more skills
- more boss enemies
- talent system for char development
- faction system with reputation
- better quests with some riddles
- more items (cooking)
- a bit non linear gameplay with 3 endings

Ah see now that's what I meant when I was talking about being interested in the gameplay.

sure there are a lot improvements:

- better handling
- different graphic style
- more skills
- more boss enemies
- talent system for char development
- faction system with reputation
- better quests with some riddles
- more items (cooking)
- a bit non linear gameplay with 3 endings

Back
Top Bottom