Elder Scrolls Online - Undead in Tamriel

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
ZeniMax Online has posted the first article in their new Loremaster Archive for Elder Scrolls Online. The topic of discussion this time the undead of Tamriel.

Welcome to the first Loremaster’s Archive, where we examine the menace posed by Tamriel’s undead and those who create them. We’ve uncovered an all-new book by Phrastus of Elinhir to share along with additional books on the topic. Our next article will focus on Mundus Stones and the discovery of Apex Stones in Craglorn.
More information.

I restarted Morrowind recently. With MGSO 3.0 it looks incredibly good, actually. Then again, Skyrim has vastly improved gameplay. Both are brilliant. Oh, TESO, I forgot you were there...you may go now.

But seriously folks, that Lore article is really good...but words are not a game! Show me, don't tell me. All the awesome Lore they have crafted falls apart when you actually play the shallow, trivial, and vapid world of TESO. That is all.

TESO is actually pretty deep.

Zenimax did a miserable job of marketing it and revealing it's features.

TESO is actually pretty deep.

Zenimax did a miserable job of marketing it and revealing it's features.

There's only so much you can do when people put their hands over their ears and take great pleasure in ignoring the good parts.

There's only so much you can do when people put their hands over their ears and take great pleasure in ignoring the good parts.

QFT! Well...ok...fine...perhaps 6 hours of a Beta test isn't enough time to make an informed opinion. However, during those 6 hours the quests were all silly such as "go find my first mate...who's standing 6 feet away from me" or "go resolve ages of bad blood by talking to one NPC for 3 seconds".

Don't worry DArtagnan, when TESO goes F2P, I promise I will play it and give it a fair chance.

QFT! Well…ok…fine…perhaps 6 hours of a Beta test isn't enough time to make an informed opinion. However, during those 6 hours the quests were all silly such as "go find my first mate…who's standing 6 feet away from me" or "go resolve ages of bad blood by talking to one NPC for 3 seconds".

Don't worry DArtagnan, when TESO goes F2P, I promise I will play it and give it a fair chance.

Cool, whatever it takes for you to take your hands down and give it a proper chance.

Let me know how you like it at that point.

I may end up liking TESO as much as Lord of the Rings Online, and those are huge MMO shoes to fill there.

So far so good

The quests in the game are actually on par with most single player RPGs in my opinion. Obviously given the sheer amount of them there are a few silly ones mind you...but it also depends a lot on the player.

I mean, there's a few quests where you only have to speak to a few characters and then the quest is solved... But if you take the time to read their journals, the notes they left or speak to the other npcs around, you get a backstory and a bigger picture that you almost never find in MMOs or most RPGs actually.

If you dont take the time to read stuff that is presented to you (heck they even make them "glow" so you notice the notes and books)....its your call, but you are missing a big chunk of lore there.

Btw, if any RPGWatch player wants some potions of enchanted glyphs.... I can make either up to Veteran Rank levels. Just mail me or add me ( @TSP_Korgh )

Back
Top Bottom