Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Reviews

Gamingbolt
All said and done, Dragon Quest XI is a stellar game that displays a great command of the ins and outs of its genre the way few other games do. What it lacks in originality, it more than makes up for with its confident execution of ideas, showing that a game doesn’t need to be revolutionary or the freshest thing on the block to be an incredible experience. With a memorable cast of characters, a well-told, briskly paced story, stunning and vibrant visuals, and a beautiful and extremely varied world as its setting, Dragon Quest XI serves as yet another excellent instalment in this amazingly consistent franchise.
Trusted Reviews
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age is another fantastic entry in a series that’s become recognised for its high quality in the JRPG genre.
It doesn’t advance the formula in many meaningful ways, but refines things we’ve come to love while enhancing them with fun and unexpected additions.
Kotaku
In conclusion, everything I have said about Dragon Quest XI being one of the best games of all time is definitely correct, because I played the game in Japanese for 300 hours. I wouldn’t have done that if it weren’t a masterpiece.

Pyrodactyl Games, the makers of Unrest, are working on a game called The Red Stone. No clues yet as to genre aside from the logo. Most likely it will at least have some RPG elements as all their games seemed to. I'm still a bit bummed "Late to the Party" KS was unsuccessful as that seemed to be a potentially interesting setting. Anyway awhile back Arvind took a break from development and seemed burned out / discouraged so it's great he's making games again. Even though I found Unrest a bit disappointing, it had much potential.

Knights of the Chalice II August 2018 Update.
I call this update the 'Light at the End of the Dungeon' because it's the first time that the game is virtually feature complete! And that is a great relief to me. First, let's review the main things that were added since the last update. Secondly, we will have a look at some Necromancer Class design ideas. The Necromancer and Summoner are two possible Kickstarter Stretch Goals for the KotC 2 Kickstarter expected in November 2018. Thirdly, we will have an in-depth look at the beginning of the prologue adventure, called Augury of Chaos. I expect that it will be too big to be a free demo, particularly if it comes with the Module Editor. It will be a good stand-alone prologue adventure. Warning: if you want to avoid spoilers, then you should not read the content of the dialogue screens posted below. Finally, we will talk a little bit about what's next.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Definitive Edition Available on Steam.

Lost interest myself when it appears that no campaign would be included.
There never was a campaign in the previous games either. Okay correction some of the spin-offs from other developers have a campaign, but not the main games.

At its core it can labeled as a sandbox where you make your own story. Though according to a devolper post the game will have a mini campaign in the beginning.
There is something which leads the player into the main part of the game (the sandbox), but it isn't something which carries you through to an ending screen. A lot of the design for the game is based around letting players approach the game how they want to and create their own adventure.

I know but that is why i never played the first game. I thought I heard they were planning a major story campaign for the second so I started paying attention but either i was mistaken or they dropped it.

There never was a campaign in the previous games either. Okay correction some of the spin-offs from other developers have a campaign, but not the main games.

At its core it can labeled as a sandbox where you make your own story. Though according to a devolper post the game will have a mini campaign in the beginning.

How World of Warcraft Was Made
For 14 years, World of Warcraft has remained not only active, but relevant. It didn't define the massively-multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) genre, but it continues to evolve with the genre. World of Warcraft has sold millions of copies, made billions of dollars, and won hundreds of awards. With the release of its seventh expansion Battle for Azeroth, WoW still boasts a thriving fanbase.
Bethesda's Pete Hines on Playing Fallout 76 Solo
During an interview with Bethesda's Senior Vice President of global marketing and communications Pete Hines at Gamescom this year, I ask if he’s getting sick of talking about Bethesda’s position as the saviour of the single-player experience by now, several months since its ‘save player one’ campaign. “I mean, a little,” he says. “But single player is part of who we are. We're also the folks that make Elder Scrolls Online. We make Quake Champions. We make Elder Scrolls: Legends. But single player is part of who we are.”
Neverwinter The Heart of Fire Module Comes To PC In November

Warhorse Studios Teases Next Romantic DLC

‘The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon’, the next piece of DLC for Kingdom Come: Deliverance, has received its first trailer.
Anthem will retain the “heart and soul of a BioWare experience
When it was revealed last year the BioWare was working on an online multiplayer shoot-and-loot title, speculation abound that this was the end of BioWare as we knew it.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Interview With CEO Armagan Yavuz
Mount & Blade is a game I’ve spoken about at length. From my impressions piece earlier today, even to dropping its name in articles for titles that have some similarities like Conqueror’s Blade. Following my hands-on time with Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, you can read my impressions here, I got to speak at length with TaleWorlds CEO Armagan Yavus.
Hating Shenmue While Respecting Its Place in the Industry
The recent Shenmue collection was my first hands-on exposure to the series. I had heard so much about it over the years, admiring Yu Suzuki’s vision; one which began life as a Sega Saturn title. Talk about ambitious. I’ve seen development videos and interviews, finding myself enamored with the tragic story of a meaningful franchise that would find itself hanging on a cliffhanger for eighteen years.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Gamescom 2018 Recap
Last week, we had the pleasure of attending Gamescom to present a hands-on demo of the singleplayer sandbox campaign of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord for the first time. Attending this kind of event is a lot of work, but at the same time, we had a lot of fun! More than 500 journalists, YouTubers, streamers, and even fellow developers from other companies came to our booth in the 3 days that we were present at the event. It was great having the opportunity to show what we are doing and it was humbling to see everyone so excited about the game!
Path of Exile:Delve Released

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition Released

You have probably noticed a big update that came to Divinity: Original Sin 2. The big update is the Definitive Edition that was added.

People that have bought Original Sin 2 when it came out, get this for free. It is an optimized, revised, rebalanced version of the game, with a couple of new features, overhauled Arena mode, better UI, better journal, rewritten dialogues, and much more.
Phantom Brigade a turn-based tactical mech combat RPG

Phantom Brigade is a turn-based tactical RPG, focusing on in-depth customization and player driven stories. Outnumbered and out-gunned, lead The Brigade through a desperate campaign to retake their war-torn homeland.

Last edited:
Pathfinder : Kingmaker :

Did you know we had a booth at this year's Gamescom?

Yes, but I didn't want to wait that long in order to get my hands on it.

Battle Brothers Developer Blog #102 - The Webknecht
So far we’ve talked about two new enemies that are part of the upcoming ‘Beasts & Exploration’ DLC and intended to spice up the mid to late game. We want to bring fresh enemies to all stages of the game, so this week we’ll take a look at a new beast aimed to bring variety mostly to the early game. Let’s crawl!
Edge of Eternity will launch on Early Access on November 29

Since its Kickstarter, Edge of Eternity underwent through a lot of changes. As the scope of the project widened, also did our needs. As a result, we have hired a few more talented hands to help us deliver the project we envisioned. Edge of Eternity became even grander.
Building a mod toolkit for Edge Of Eternity
Edge of Eternity was built with community in mind at the core of the game, so creating features that would emphasis on this community is something that we really wanted to do so building a modding kit for the game was a very natural decision.

Unity have already builtin some super nice features to help building such features like AssetBundles and C# language that allow runtime assembly loading.

I will first start by describing all the modding kit features that we currently implemented (there is still more coming but it’s right now work in progress!)

Last edited:
Ah Delve! I had forgotten that this was releasing this weekend. PoE has a lot of content but I generally get bored around Act 3 every time I start this. Delve sounds different at least.

Be gentle on Edge of eternity; first time developers. Actually what they have shown so far looks decent.
--
Phantom brigade seemed to appear from thin air; again is this going to be another surprise good game ? Last couple of games by the developers have good reviews but very different.

Not exactly first time, they also worked on Hover.

I'm not into J-RPGs really, but I visited them anyway at Gamescom this year because of the opinions on this forum and I can say that I still don't like that type of game. But that is just me, it doesn't mean it can't be a good game for others. They do have a cool feature for weapon upgrades, so that is nice.

The, somewhat short, article I have on the game is scheduled for Friday. I even tried to be objective :)

In my case, J-RPGs simply aren't meeting my very personal taste of graphics style. That's why I don't play them.

You both suck.
Now buy Valkyria Chronicles and play it already - jrpg is not always brainless grind-o-rama with endless trashmobs and inability to save outside of checkpoints. Not saying Edge of Eternity won't be yet another mediocre overrated grinder.

Phantom Brigade Gameplay (Battletech Alternative) Alpha Video

Bioware Says Anthem Will Focus Less on Branching Story

Black Desert Online Remastered doubles number of players
Kakao Games is reporting a "massive surge" in players for its MMO Black Desert Online a week after it launched a remastered version.
Cyberpunk 2077 Twitch's biggest reveal this year
Nearly half a million viewers tuned in to Twitch to watch what initially looked like a stream of random letters and numbers on a black screen. What it turned out to be was the first public gameplay reveal of CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077.
Announcing the Start of Anthem’s Pre-Launch Demo

We’ve rolled out a ton of news about Anthem™, but there’s one question we keep hearing that we haven’t been able to answer: when is the demo?! Well, friends, now we can answer that question. The public pre-launch demo will start on February 1.

Back
Top Bottom