Amazon Prime Video goes global next month

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I love amazon, for buying stuff. There same day shipping, delivery as fast as an hour is awesome.

Their prime video selection however, leaves a lot to be desired.

I love amazon, for buying stuff.

Me too. Best online shopping site hands down, IMO (although Ebay is preferable to me for the "rare/obscure used items" stuff).

Looking forward to Amazon Fresh, too. It looks like the prices and the food are going to be good.

For a person(me) that has been using the internet since 1998 I have always stayed away from buying on it.

Well I guess I am on board, I haven't bought anything from Amazon but other sites the last few weeks.

A mattress from Leesa
Art work from I canvas
and other things for the home from wayfair.

Slightly perplexed by those in favour of the working man so enchanted by Amazon. I'd rather chew my own leg off than do business with those fuckers.

Jesus H Christmas. Can you really not see that belongs in the same basket as The Secret, Scientology, and the rest of it? I thought you might be a bit sharper than that, Fluent.

Jesus H Christmas. Can you really not see that belongs in the same basket as The Secret, Scientology, and the rest of it? I thought you might be a bit sharper than that, Fluent.

I think it's a pretty cool idea. :)

Eventually technology will be able to do every job that previously needed a human being to do it, so it seems like the logical outcome of that would be people not needing to "work" in the traditional sense to survive.

Their prime video selection however, leaves a lot to be desired.

Best feature of Prime, IMO, is free 2-day shipping and discounted 1-day shipping. Don't really see the need of Prime as a video content service when there's so much video content already available out there.

The working man? What's wrong with amazon?

Type the words "Amazon workers" into Google.

Lovin' the arguments of 19th Century robber barons filtered through Fluent's new age horseshit. :biggrin:

Type the words "Amazon workers" into Google.

Lovin' the arguments of 19th Century robber barons filtered through Fluent's new age horseshit. :biggrin:

Ripper?

Are you really thinking the masses have any clue?

Me personally just gave in, I have a job not may can do or understand. So if the rest don't understand…

Robber barons? What does that have to do with what I posted? o_O

Is it inevitable that technology is eventually going to be able to perform every human being's job? Maybe not in our lifetimes, but eventually technology should be able to do that. Might even happen in our lifetimes. Depends on science, really.

When that does happen people are going to have a lot more spare time on their hands, and this is one futuristic theory of how that transition can eventually happen. :)

Robber barons? What does that have to do with what I posted? o_O

Is it inevitable that technology is eventually going to be able to perform every human being's job? Maybe not in our lifetimes, but eventually technology should be able to do that. Might even happen in our lifetimes. Depends on science, really.

When that does happen people are going to have a lot more spare time on their hands, and this is one futuristic theory of how that transition can eventually happen. :)

You like most people don't get the fact this sort of system only supports the ultra rich getting richer.

We all can't be spenders?

We have to produce something...

never mind I know the level I am dealing with on this site. Still upset....

I just think that Futurism theory is interesting to think about, that's all.

Another interesting thing about Amazon that relates to this:

Amazon’s longer-term goal is more fantastical — and, if it succeeds, potentially transformative. It wants to escape the messy vicissitudes of roads and humans. It wants to go fully autonomous, up in the sky. The company’s drone program, which many in the tech press dismissed as a marketing gimmick when Mr. Bezos unveiled it on “60 Minutes” in 2013, is central to this future; drones could be combined with warehouses manned by robots and trucks that drive themselves to unlock a new autonomous future for Amazon.

I just think that Futurism theory is interesting to think about, that's all.

Another interesting thing about Amazon that relates to this:

I could be wrong but I think Rippers problem is amazons treatment of thier employees, not automation. ( or maybe both?) At least that's what I got when I did the search he suggested.

I could be wrong but I think Rippers problem is amazons treatment of thier employees, not automation. ( or maybe both?) At least that's what I got when I did the search he suggested.

Hmm, dunno. I saw "new age" and figured he was referring to the Futurism theory I posted.

Back
Top Bottom