Elex Who should I join?

Since I've killed dozens of reavers already, I won't go with the Outlaws. I'll probably go Cleric. I much prefer ranged attacks over melee and most of the Beserker stuff is close range. I haven't met the Clerics yet though with any of my 5 or 6 characters. Hopefully, I'll stop starting over soon.

I consider reavers a completely separate faction from the Outlaws, if you even want to call them a faction.

Personally, I think both the Outlaws and Clerics are mostly asshats. :)

Personally, I think both the Outlaws and Clerics are mostly asshats. :)

So which of the two did you join to fit in with?

:D :D :D

Jus playin man. I was wondering what you thought about the game so far though. I know your'e a big PB fan, and I think this may be my favorite game of theirs. At least the world design itself.

Last edited:
Well, I think I would join Outlaws on my playthrough. However, I feel like I made mistakes with my build already. I put one point in pickpocketing and then 1 point in charisma. Not sure if those are the best things. I feel like Charisma opens up a lot of quest options.

I feel confused and not sure if I should start from Goliet start again or not.

Well, I think I would join Outlaws on my playthrough. However, I feel like I made mistakes with my build already. I put one point in pickpocketing and then 1 point in charisma. Not sure if those are the best things. I feel like Charisma opens up a lot of quest options.

Nah, no need. Just rock it. Use the pickpocketing to your advantage. Can make some money to bolster yourself that way. :)

Hey @Pladio;, not sure where you asked about the Survival/Combat/Personality/etc. being useful in dialogue, but you can also use chems that boost those too. Some dialogue options are one shot only, so you can't redo those, but there are some that are available forever and you can take a chem and then try that option in dialogue.

They are all shit lords in one form or another. But you have to join a faction, you NEED their armor or be forever getting hit hard. Like the highest chest armor you can get is 14 armor, the highest I got from a faction is 30 for the chest armor alone. I chose the Outlaws because I thought they were the best but then I found the other two worse until I found out that they were just as bad as the others.

Hey @Pladio;, not sure where you asked about the Survival/Combat/Personality/etc. being useful in dialogue, but you can also use chems that boost those too. Some dialogue options are one shot only, so you can't redo those, but there are some that are available forever and you can take a chem and then try that option in dialogue.
Yeah it's those timed ones I want to try out, but it means foregoing some experience to do it... It's a catch 22.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Yeah it's those timed ones I want to try out, but it means foregoing some experience to do it… It's a catch 22.

If you become an outlaw, you recieve no xp penalties from chems.

Don't worry about it. There are potion recipes that grant you +2 attributes or +1 skill points, and the mats don't run out (just requires elexit to buy), so you can actually max everything. You can be quite a bit more liberal with your skills here than in previous PB games.

Don't worry about it. There are potion recipes that grant you +2 attributes or +1 skill points, and the mats don't run out (just requires elexit to buy), so you can actually max everything. You can be quite a bit more liberal with your skills here than in previous PB games.
Oh OK. That's good to know because I managed to gimp myself severely in my gothic playthroughs...

Also I meant berserkers not outlaws.

I think I may go back a tiny but anyway as I didn't complete some quests in the way I would have wanted to now.

Yea I don't think I can support the Outlaws - at least from what I have seen so far. They seem to be the overall bad faction while the Clerics seem to be the neutral ones and the Berserkers the good guys.

I will have a better idea once I do some quests for each. Last night I made it to both strongholds just to look around. I am avoiding committing to anything so haven't even done the Domed City yet.

Beserkers are good guys?
Let's see, main dude hires you to murder a cleric and is pissed if you just let him leave the village. Another guy asks you to murder an outlaw that's outside the town. They murder a guy who is trying to find a better way to save World Hearts, um yeah, good guys.

Beserkers are like Nazis. The only decent group is the folks in Domed City. They have issues but they're all trying to get along. PB didn't make this group a faction because all the rest of the groups would be empty. Just pick the skills you like because every faction is pretty horrible and there is no honor in any of them.

Murder is such a difficult concept in war

Murder is such a difficult concept in war

Yes, but I'm not arguing against murder. I'm arguing against GOOD. There is no such group. Domed City is closest. CRONY and Falk seem good; as far as I've played. Dumas is evil. Try choosing against Beserker ideals while he's in the party. The murderer hates when you're not as hateful as he is. Take him with you to visit the Elex thief, etc. Evil.

Yes, but I'm not arguing against murder. I'm arguing against GOOD. There is no such group. Domed City is closest. CRONY and Falk seem good; as far as I've played. Dumas is evil. Try choosing against Beserker ideals while he's in the party. The murderer hates when you're not as hateful as he is. Take him with you to visit the Elex thief, etc. Evil.

Yep,all the factions are kind of objectionable - next time I'll try the clerics, curious to see how the game changes.

travelling with Falk - he's quite amusing, although he does tend to repeat himself rather a lot (must need another upgrade ;) I'm going to find CRONY next and see whether he's a better combat choice...

@crpgnut; For sure agree with you. Wasnt meaning that statement as a negative.

travelling with Falk - he's quite amusing, although he does tend to repeat himself rather a lot (must need another upgrade ;)
There is a good reason for that. Finish his questline. :)

There is a good reason for that. Finish his questline. :)

He's a Falken idiot? Nah, don't tell me. At the rate I start over, I'll never finish anyone's quest except Duras.

Duras' damage output sux. Then again Falk sux even more, his flamethrower always hits me. :)

Another difference is once you complete Falk's questline he'll instantly be your true friend. Duras however needs to be taken everywhere to even get him into idolized state and at some places he dislikes anything you choose to do.

Duras however ..... and at some places he dislikes anything you choose to do.

Character is loosely based on Chien, mercy and luj1.

Back
Top Bottom