Quantcast
RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - What games are you playing now?
View Single Post

October 5th, 2009, 09:58
I feel kinda nuts for doing this… considering Risen was recently released and all, but I am saving Risen a few weekends ahead since I am still studying.

I decided to reinstall Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor. One of the reasons I gave up on the game was the turn-based combat that could take forever, but I thought that with the speedpatch I could actually enjoy it. Also, when the game was released, there was lots and lots of great RPG's, which isn't the case these days.

I also had the problem with vista described in this thread, but leth's guide (post #19) helped.

This is a hardcore RPG experience, I can tell you that much. I am a bit annoyed that it doesn't support the D&D rules all the way. I can accept that there are no Wizard class, but it's annoying that an Elven Sorcerer cannot use a longbow. You also have no option which feats and skills you get. Even with the speedpatch the battles can be quite annoying. The interface is quite a nuisance and I often fail to throw a magic missile on time due to the interface.

Btw, on youtube I found a fun playthrough of the game, made by a girl named Alatrye.
--
Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM