Age of Conan - Subscription Prices Revealed

Asbjoern

N'wah
Funcom has revealed the subscription prices for Age of Conan. 60-day timecards will also be available in stores for "29.99 USD / 29.99 EUR (including VAT where applicable)":
North America & Oceania

MonthlyPer MonthTotal 1 Month14.99 USD14.99 USD3 months13.99 USD41,97 USD6 months 12.99 USD77.94 USD

Europe

Monthly Per Month TotalTotal Incl. VAT*1 Month12.99 EUR12.99 EUR14.94 EUR3 months11.99 EUR 35.97 EUR41.37 EUR6 months 10.99 EUR65.94 EUR75.83 EUR
* VAT only applicable in EU member states

United Kingdom

Monthly Per Month TotalTotal Incl. VAT1 Month8.99 GBP8.99 GBP10.34 GBP3 months8.39 GBP25.17 GBP28.95 GBP6 months 7.69 GBP46.14 GBP53.06 GBP
More information.

Consider that weak, weak dollar, we Americans are getting a much better price than the Europeans.

U S A !

Worst case so far is Rock Band from EA. US version costs 110€ while EU one costs 240€. People are protesting but thers not much they can do except not buy the games. Bad publicity for EA but I guess theyve used to it.

Consider that weak, weak dollar, we Americans are getting a much better price than the Europeans.
I think you miss one point. The incomes within Europe and within the US, respectively, didn't really change much during the time the dollar got cheap. $15 means a pretty standard price for MMOs, so no savings for US residents. On the other hand, €13 is a pretty good price, even more so as it includes sales tax. I would conclude from this that the Europeans have more reasons to be happy about the pricing in this case.

I believe it's € 13 without the VAT.

*I made a mistake :p *

Last edited:
But the real problem is the 60-day timecards. Europeans will pay 10 € more for those because of the current weak Dollar.

29.99 U.S. dollars = 19.4664416 €

I believe it's € 13 without the VAT.
OK, you are right. With V.A.T. it's only slightly below the US numbers.
But the real problem is the 60-day timecards. Europeans will pay 10 € more for those because of the current weak Dollar.

29.99 U.S. dollars = 19.4664416 €
I understood the European and North American servers are separate. My question to you is how the exchange rate actually influences your normal life. Did you suddenly get less income? I can tell you that Americans didn't magically get 60% more income during the last 5 years, either.

Funcom is a Norwegian company, which means that they will set their price expectations according to the situation in Europe. On the other hand, they cannot just present the full brunt of the exchange rate to the US market. You can't expect US customers to pay $25 per month for your game. Nobody would pay that. Global companies with offices in all parts of the world can handle this problem better, and they can adjust pricing and wages to local conditions.

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't see anyone complaining. I believe it was more of an observation.

On another note is that, taken the weak dollar (and especially the lower euro/dollar exchange rates) it's cheaper to import stuff from the US rather than Europe. If the rate sticks for a while, I'll be glad - I'm eyeing several books, among other stuff.

On another note is that, taken the weak dollar (and especially the lower euro/dollar exchange rates) it's cheaper to import stuff from the US rather than Europe. If the rate sticks for a while, I'll be glad - I'm eyeing several books, among other stuff.

Its easy to win bids in ebay too. You can put forth 50% more dollars. Ive bought ton of stuff - rarities even. The local toll here is busier than ever before. Everybody is ordering across the sea.

Too bad amazon.com doesnt sell everything to europe. They have som stuff that is not available anywhere else in the world.

I am not sure about that, I believe they ship books, at least to Europe. On games and other stuff of the kind, I'm not that sure, but I hear there are legal limitations for that or something.

What? Same amount of € and $. This is a robbery for the people living in Europe!
I will never give a sent to this treacherous company period.

On games and other stuff of the kind, I'm not that sure, but I hear there are legal limitations for that or something.

Some, but nothing that will bug you in making small purchases, at least not from eBay. There are some mandatory tax businesses which get in the way of digital downloads like Steam. For example: The Witcher is, as far as I know, only available as digital download in NA. Not sure if that's law related, but it could well be.

And yeah, importing is becoming dead cheap. Especially now that the pound also tumbled, which makes importing British products very attractive.

Back
Top Bottom