Bed in a box?

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Anyone ever bought one of these mattresses that are purely foam and shipped directly to your house? I do see several good ratings, but would like to hear real life examples.

Thanks!

I've heard of them yet haven't tried it out for myself as of yet. I'd also be curious to think what someone here things of the product, if anyone has sampled them to date.

I have one. I've had it for about 2 years and am pretty happy with it especially considering the price. Comes compressed in a seemingly impossibly small roll but expands over an hour or so into a full sized mattress. As Todd might say, it just works.

Thanks, @fragonard;! Do you remember the make of your mattress?

$150 is insanely cheap for a mattress. The brand of "bed in a box" I've heard recommended (I haven't personally owned one) is Helix, but those are like a thousand bucks.

Yeah, it couldn't have been very good at that price.

I helped my father look for a new mattress earlier this year, and I was shocked at how expensive it is now for a quality mattress. Or maybe it always was and I just never realized it.

My grandma used to say never skimp on your shoes or your bed - you'll spend most of your life in one or the other. /FolksyModeOff

Yeah, it couldn't have been very good at that price.

Well, there are several mattresses on Amazon now between $150 and $200. I like very soft beds so I also have an extra soft 3" conforming foam layer over the mattress and a 3" down pillow top over that. It's all super comfy for me. No need to spend a thousand bucks.

Well, there are several mattresses on Amazon now between $150 and $200. I like very soft beds so I also have an extra soft 3" conforming foam layer over the mattress and a 3" down pillow top over that. It's all super comfy for me. No need to spend a thousand bucks.

A lot of people can do fine with a cheaper mattress. I wish I was one of them. I have to have a certain level of firmness, and it has to be quality, or my lower back will be telling me to fuck off in the morning. :)

Mattresses are for the weak; get a good quality waterbed like I have and you'll never look back!! :)

Mattresses are for the weak; get a good quality waterbed like I have and you'll never look back!! :)

The spikes on my leather suspenders would keep putting holes in it.

:p

Modern waterbeds contain baffles so you can make them to any firmness you desire, plus the soft-sided ones look just like a standard bed!! :) The additional benefit is that they are temperature controlled, warm for winter, cool for summer and they don't catch fire either!! :D

Modern waterbeds contain baffles so you can make them to any firmness you desire, plus the soft-sided ones look just like a standard bed!! :) The additional benefit is that they are temperature controlled, warm for winter, cool for summer and they don't catch fire either!! :D

Not sure how good they'd be with a dog and two cats, none declawed, running around on them.

The temperature control sounds good. It doesn't take much to cause me not to sleep, and, such summer as we have, I sometimes get really uncomfortable. I have resorted to the hammock in the garden.

My grandma used to say never skimp on your shoes or your bed - you'll spend most of your life in one or the other. /FolksyModeOff

I will add some life wisdom. Always try and go with good towels and sheets. Makes life so much more enjoyable.

I will add some life wisdom. Always try and go with good towels and sheets. Makes life so much more enjoyable.

Always remember to pack your towel.

il_fullxfull.595758913_8nqg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom