Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Hero's Diary, Part 5

Well, remember that it is written from the Hero's perspective, so this "bad English" could be very well intended.

Last edited:
No, I just thought the Hero might have a dyslexia. Or something.
Or a weird kind of slang dialect.

You can write like an actor acts. You just pretend to be another person.

German diary:
Endlich bin ich in Gotha eingetroffen, wo Gorn nicht nur eine „Freiwilligenarmee“, sondern per Zwangsrekrutierung auch teilweise eine „Unfreiwilligenarmee“ aufgestellt hat
English diary:
Finally I arrived Gotha, where Gorn recruted not only a volunteers army, but also through pressed servicing a partially unvolunteers army.
German diary translated to english through babelfish:
Finally I arrived in Gotha, where Gorn also partly did not only set up one „to volunteer army “, but by forced recruiting one „involuntary army “

Maybe WoG translated it. The English in the diary is so bad it's hard to believe somebody got paid for it.

This could be an Indian English dialect ;-)

.. which reminds me of Benny Lava :-D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1NoOOoaNw

gothic3.jpg

nice vid!

I call all the translation-fanatics nerds; can't you guys just be satisfied with a game that doesn't use cyrillics. If a game succeeds in telling you where to find the ten goblins you ought to kill, everything is fine. If it has a journal that records a brief quest wrap-up, even better. Then you can click the dialog away.
Post #7 is incomprehensible for me, seems extremely nerdish. A bit more humbleness would be appropriate, obviously the poster grasped what the game wants to tell, yet he's complaining.

Love, peace & harmony

Attachments

• geek1.jpg
    geek1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 28
A bit more humbleness would be appropriate, obviously the poster grasped what the game wants to tell, yet he's complaining.

Love, peace & harmony

Sorry but my brains simply freeze when I try to read stuff like this:
Where his brother Anog really works his ass off, is not afraid of getting his hands dirty and honestly anxious about the well-being of the citizens, his brother Inog really puts up in Geldern with being governor.
Finally I arrived Gotha, where Gorn recruted not only a volunteers army, but also through pressed servicing a partially unvolunteers army.

And no i didnt grasp what the diary wanted to say. I simply couldnt read it. Its just another episode on channel "Germans and the English Language".

I call all the translation-fanatics nerds; can't you guys just be satisfied with a game that doesn't use cyrillics. Post #7 is incomprehensible for me, seems extremely nerdish.
Perhaps you should read the diary yourself first before making an ass out of yourself.

Im all happy if games were written in non-cyrillic finnish (and then "babelfished" into whatever klingon you prefer ;)) but unlike som other rude persons I dont mind if they are english so that everyone else gets to enjoy them.

Last edited:
Sorry but my brains simply freeze when I try to read stuff like this:

I can read it. :D

Though the first paragraph sounds a bit distorted by lacking commas in the appropriate places.

By the way, could it be that you are unfamiliar with the term/saying "to work one's ass off" ?

I can read it. :D
Though the first paragraph sounds a bit distorted by lacking commas in the appropriate places.
Perhaps after several tries but its still shitty english - I dont usually have to make a stop from reading just to understand what single paragraphs mean.

By the way, could it be that you are unfamiliar with the term/saying "to work one's ass off" ?
I know the term very well believe me. :p

I can't believe that some people are seriously trying to defend or find arguments in favor of this abysmal attempt of a retarded translation. This "translation" is actually so fucking amateurish that it isn't even bordering on funny. To put it bluntly :biggrin: .

If anyone is unfamiliar with that term then it's the dude or dudette who attempted to translate that diary ;) .

Okay, I just thought it could've been an idiom, kind of.

By the way, I could read it quite fluently ... The only stops I had because of the missing commas.

I think that might be a sign of how bad my own English is, if I have almost no problems reading it ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom