Inquisitor - English Version Updates

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I check the Inquisitor page every few days and, every now and then, the official Facebook page - what I'd missed was a stream of comments and responses under some screens posted last August on that Facebook page. So, here's a selection of replies from "Inquisitor (RPG)" over a period of months that gives a much better sense of the situation. The last was January 18th, bringing us right up to date.
Last August, on the possibility of new things in the English version:
Unfortunately not. The original developers from Wooden Dragon went their separate ways a long time ago and so there is no one to add any new content to the game.
We'd previously heard that all the "in game" text had been translated but now it becomes clear there's a lot more to do - only one of the three class translations has actually been added to the game:
We still want to launch the English beta this October and if everything goes right the game should be released by the end of this year. The English translation is done already, all priest's texts are in the game, now we have to get paladin's and thief's texts into it as well. It is a bit complicated and lengthy due to the way the texts were translated, but it's nothing we won't handle:)
Late October and other issues are getting in the way:
And we are glad to hear that. But I'm afraid that the English version won't be released this year after all - even though I promised that. The release of Gyro13 and server crash recovery took more time than I originally assumed and since the beta test (= check of English translation in the game) will need some time, I don't think there is a chance to make it all by the end of this year. At least it will give us time for other things (like to translate the Inquisitor prequel novel).
Someone suggests they release the game with the one class that is finished but that won't work:
As the original development team practically doesn't exist anymore, we can't do any changes in the programming code, so to release the game with one playable character only isn't really an option. Moreover, to release any part of the game in English, a thorough test is necessary to fine-tune the translation directly in the game. For that we need a web interface, as I assume, for testers to submit their corrections. And we still don't have that either. We have to wait for Lukas to find some time for that. Meanwhile, I've finished the Book of Armor and Weapons that is currently waiting for proofreading.
Early January now and they haven't actually progressed:
As far as the ingame text is concerned, there is no progress whatsoever. But we discussed it over... a few... glasses of beer with the guy that wrote the whole text in Czech and learned about what we should be careful about when transfering the translation of priest's texts to other characters. And as far as other texts go, the proofreading of the Book of Armor and Weapons should start soon and the Revelation of Ezekiel should be translated by the end of this week.
January 9th and we learn only one person is working on it, although again it isn't clear how much actually remains to do:
Well, yes, I'm the only one who is working on the translation, but it's the translation of "other" texts that is left to be done, the ingame text was translated quite some time ago and while I'm waiting for a programmer to prepare a system that would allow us to adapt the priest translation for paladin and thief, I'm making use of this time for the translation of some supporting texts (halfway through Codex Inquisitorium now).
January 18th and everyone who preordered should get a beta invite...eventually:
Yes, I assume that everyone who will have Inquisitor pre-ordered at the moment the beta is ready will receive an invitation to it.
More information.

The game is basically abadonware. I have heard nothing but excuses for over two years for just translating the game. Just get your money back if you preordered it years ago.

I'm having flashbacks of the goldenland games that took forever to translate and were canceled.

Looking forward to the translation, as this time not lucky enough to understand czeh.

too bad there isn't a genius behind this game, like the guys from TOEE or Bloodlines that keep pop-ing up patches by themselves..

Just say 'NO' to pre-orders that take your money before shipping.

Say whatever you want. The translation is taking to long to finish it shouldn't take a couple of years with 1 or 2 people. I didn't preorder it but I know some here have. I'm waiting for the next announcement that it wont be out till 2013.:mean:

Just say 'NO' to pre-orders that take your money before shipping.

Yes, especially if their name contains words like "Mine" or "Craft". :biggrin:

Definitely a sad state of affairs considering how brimming with promise the game was looking in the run up to being released originally in the dev videos and such.

Translation is not easy as it seems, especially in RPGs where there're lots of dialogue, journal, book, etc texts to be translate. I can say that as the Turkish localization team leader of The Witcher 2, Dragon Age Origins and the sole translator of Risen. I appreciate their (or his mostly) endeavour about still try to release the English version. Actually I had given up hope about it, but there's still light at the end of tunnel it seems. I'm going to buy the game if they will ever release it. If I were them, I would sell the game on gog and steam with a 10 $ price tag. There're lot's of CRPG fans in gog who can buy the game just for the old school look of the game.

The game is basically abadonware. I have heard nothing but excuses for over two years for just translating the game. Just get your money back if you preordered it years ago.

I'm having flashbacks of the goldenland games that took forever to translate and were canceled.

In 2009 I tried to translate Goldenland from Spanish to English with hex editor and a Spanish-English online translator (because I don't know anything about Spanish :) ) Actually at some point of the translation, I understood why they had abandoned the English version. Because it was a terrible game by any standard.

I have waited upwards of 10 years for some fan-translations and some I have been waiting for have been going longer.

You know it is bad when you get nostalgic about updates on a game you used to regularly check for updates on.

In 2009 I tried to translate Goldenland from Spanish to English with hex editor and a Spanish-English online translator (because I don't know anything about Spanish :) ) Actually at some point of the translation, I understood why they had abandoned the English version. Because it was a terrible game by any standard.

So that was you thank you for at least trying. If I recall there was three or four games made in the series.:handshake:

Now that I think of it checking on these games used to be a ritual. I've spent so much time and effort on checking I've had to tighten my Belt waiting this ion its practically Beyond Ritual. It is simply Grotesque that I haven't been able to play this game. I've been waiting with all my Heart for all of anEnternity.

yeah as in Heart of Eternity

Its going to get a dual release with Inquisitor I hear…

Don't mention that game either the title fits it well.;)

Congratulation! You split my brain in half. I'm lost on that response…

Good for you.:p I write whatever fancies me at the time. People here are to serious for there own good.

Back
Top Bottom