Sacred Fire - a psychological RPG mixing narrative and tactics

I'd like to see a preview of the KS page to give feedback if possible.

I'm not really someone who can justify pledging large amounts to Kickstarter games but I try to help out the ones that interest me by promoting them where I can.

Ultimately, all I care about is that an interesting game gets made and I get a copy for a good price (considering I'm putting up money potentially years in advance). Thus, I think it might be worthwhile to think about some sort of mini goals thing that encourages backers to promote your KS. For a recent example, take a look at what they did with the Vigilantes Kickstarter... So say 1000 tweets on twitter might unlock a small feature in the game (new location, special item, NPC or whatever you can reasonably promise if the KS gets funded) and another for facebook shares or whatever. I like the kind of stretch goal / reward where "everybody wins".

And when it comes down to it, you want to maximize the number of backers you bring in as frankly the number of people willing to throw large amounts of money at an indie game from a new developer (even for cool rewards) are limited. Unfortunately some of the KS disappointments / failures over the past few years have made people a lot more skeptical / cynical about crowdfunding.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for the interest. I have backed and shared the word about 20+ video game Kickstarters, and my motives and budget is the same as yours, so I understand and appreciate it.

Yes, the community goals and little rewards are great and make sense in the current climate.

Hey everyone we have some great news:

We have been Greenlit today, thank you all for your fantastic support!

It took 32 days and almost 4,000 YES votes. We are grateful and happy, it brings us one step closer to releasing the game.

We are also hard at work on our crowdfunding campaign. Based on your feedback we realized there is more we can do for the Kickstarter. Besides many tweaks based on your input, we are preparing an in-depth developer commentary video. We pushed back the launch of the campaign one week to get things right. I hope this doesn't affect anyone negatively.

We launch on Kickstarter on March the 15th.

This seems to be a pretty good time to launch a KS. No major game releases or major upcoming crowdfunding campaigns that I'm aware of for PC so perhaps you can get a few articles... at the very least Cliqist.com should do one.

And since you have impressions on your site from the developers of a few popular RPGs, perhaps they will be willing to tweet about it as well. I'd say reach out to as many indie RPG developers as you can as that is really important for exposure. And contact IndieRPGs.com as soon as your KS goes live.

@daveyd, yes it is!

Hey everyone,

sorry for going radio silent in the last couple of weeks, we were preparing a fun campaign for you guys :)

The big day is here and we are live on Kickstarter!

8xt5BZM.jpg

We have also a developers' commentary video that defines what kind of role-playing experience Sacred Fire brings. We are looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thank you for your support, we appreciate every fan.

Check out the limited rewards before they are gone.

We posted our first update, Mordhau gave us a shoutout and more are promised. The Commnunity Goals unlocked info about 2 more characters:

uUvu5eg.png

We got to 20% in the first 24 hours, which feels good, but we are not out of the woods yet.

More than 200 Eraly Bird rewards are gone, please help us make this a reality and go get yours now!

You guys are doing a good job spreading the word, please keep at it. If you could take various sub-reddits by storm, that would help a lot.

Please support us by upvoting this reddit post, thank you!

We have another 'news from the trenches' update. We got to 30% in 48 hours, so thank you for a good start. Also, thank you for spreading the word on reddit, it helps a lot.

The Community Goals unlocked 2 more characters:
HK0LzDa.png

To see how the game plays out, check out this 10 minutes developers' commentary video:

If you like what you see, go get your Early Bird reward now!

Thank you for your support.

Last edited:
There is already 500 people who decided to fund Sacred Fire in the first short 4 days. This is amazing!

We are happy to reveal our last 2 characters:
y8gJEDF.png

egPeNqS.png

Early Bird rewards will be gone in a few hours

Please, let your friends know and use this last opportunity to upgrade to a higher tier for an Early Bird pledge.

Today I also celebrated my birthday with my family and my friends. It was a great moment to appreciate all the support I have in my life.

Thank you for being part of that.

Love the bravery in trying something brand new that bucks genre conventions, and it looks good so far. Looking forward to reading more about this with every update.

I'm happy to share with you our new trailer Storm Within with Doug Cockle's voiceover, presenting the themes we explore in Sacred Fire:

A place they can not touch. A force they can not break. A fire to keep the darkness at bay

It also shows previously not seen particle effects like snow, rain, fire and a waterfall, showing the visual quality we are going for with our location art.

Please let us know what you think and if you like it help us make this a reality and pledge your support on Kickstrater now.

a psychological RPG ? That's worded very badly, care to explain? Do I get diagnosed while playing it?

a psychological RPG ? That's worded very badly, care to explain? Do I get diagnosed while playing it?

I'm sure Poetic can explain it better than I but it has to do mainly with the character building / combat system. I think the "Developer commentary" video sheds a lot of light on how things work so that might be a good place to start.

@daveyd Thank you for explaining and sharing that link

@luj1 What we mean by psychological RPG: Sacred Fire is a role-playing game where your success and solutions to conflicts lie in the psychology of the characters, not in weapons, attacks, and damage types.

So in Sacred Fire you do not start as a leader – your right to lead must be earned through self-control, willpower, and influence.

We love RPGs and innovation, so we designed a role-playing experience with:

- combat with emotions,
- relationships presenting a challenge,
- story progress based on politics,
- choices requiring inner strength.

To learn more check out our project page.

Back
Top Bottom